The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midi Difficulties please help! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

Midi Difficulties please help!

Heres what I have goin on. I am using a roland Juno 2 and a Ensoniq ESQ1 and I want to sync them to sonar. I want to sequence on the Ensoniq and use the Juno as a slave for it and sync them with Sonar Home Studio. Now here is my issue. In order to do this the only way I would know how is to connect my Ensoniq (which is the sequencer) mid in and midi out to my soundcard in normal fashion and then send the midi thru to the Juno 2 midi in and it acts as an in and out for it. Big problem however is that my Ensoniq does not have midi thru!! Is there any other way I can sync these up to use them in the way that I want to? Keep in mind I want to sequence on the Ensoniq and really only use sonar to edit midi notes individually in piano roll. Please help!
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

an additional midi interface is always good. maybe something with 4ins/4outs.
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

i think i may have one around here somewhere but i have another question as well. I have a usb to midi cable and a regular midi cable. could i just use these and still sequence everything on my esq the way i want to and use sonar and my computer as a midi thru and get more midi tracks out of it too?
Old 16th August 2007
Lives for gear

thanks for the assistance but I figured out a cheaper way. Slave Sonar to the ESQ and it will control any and everything I want. WOOOOOOOOOO!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search