The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tony's DVD
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
Hell, why don't we thank Digi Design and Steinberg, Roland, Akai, IBM, Apple, NEC, dbx, Yamaha, Mackie, Emu, Kellogs, or any other organization/entity that sells you a product?
LMAO! Kellogs mang?

That statement is like getting us to play a game of, "Which one of these don't belong here?"
Old 3rd September 2007

Quote:
Hell, why don't we thank Digi Design and Steinberg, Roland, Akai, IBM, Apple, NEC, dbx, Yamaha, Mackie, Emu, Kellogs, or any other organization/entity that sells you a product?

I think they make them using their contacts and their accumulated knowledge. And some things don't cost more than a meal.

I don't doubt Tony will probably do a good job on his disc, but I don't think thanks is in order. Didn't you pay for it?
Whats the big deal? Stop being so negative about everything... Why do you care if someone says thanks for something... Regardless of what it is. Damm....

This is ****ing stupid.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Don't we thank Wade at Chandler when he introduces useful products we buy? Don't we thank John at Peluso when he introduces new mics?

I havne't seen someone introduce a mixing video dedicated to rap and r&b so I gladly purchased the DVD and also believe thanks are due to Tony. I can't imagine he'll end up making that much money considering how many hours he's obviously put into it.
Old 3rd September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Whats the big deal? Stop being so negative about everything... Why do you care if someone says thanks for something... Regardless of what it is. Damm....

This is ****ing stupid.
Do you have a problem with me expressing my opinion?

What exactly am I being negative about? I just hate the concept of people believing you are doing the audio world a favor by selling a DVD. You of all people should have an interest in how people build this up to a level that makes it hard to satisfy whenever you do decide to release a disk. You just expressed that on the first page. I was backing that sentiment. LOL This guy is suggesting we should be thanking you for a DVD that nobody has ever seen yet.

NOW with that said

What's YOUR BIG DEAL? You opened yourself up to whatever criticism the public feels when you decided to sell a product. So I don't appreciate your post.

You have some pretty harsh words for a conversation that was between me and someone else.

First off, You're talking to a grown man so you can save your "this is ****ing stupid comments".

(I'd suggest that you not talk to me like that).

2nd Someone expressed the concept that "WE should be thanking you" so I engaged in a conversation with him about that. Had he said "Thank you Tony" I wouldn't have had a comment.

But again this wasn't a conversation between you and I. My questions wern't directed to Tony Belmont.
With that said if you have a concern or a point to make feel free. But all of my comments to you in our time on GS have been in a respectful tone. Please address me the same way.

Or, whenever I think your opinion is "****ING STUPID!" I'll express it here. Your decision.
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

DING DING!

Round 2...
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

ssL's got a point tony.
Old 3rd September 2007

I try to help people.

It seems like when someone tries to help a group of people, there are others who feel the need to criticisize... I don't sign up to that belief and honestly think it's a waste of time.

I feel like I spend so much time on this forum giving people FREE advice and the one time someone gives me props for SOMETHING, the very next post has to give that person a hard time for doing so.

I dont do the things I do here for accolades, but this whole thing is just very disappointing...

I'm done with this topic.
Old 3rd September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I try to help people.

It seems like when someone tries to help a group of people, there are others who feel the need to criticisize... I don't sign up to that belief and honestly think it's a waste of time.

I feel like I spend so much time on this forum giving people FREE advice and the one time someone gives me props for SOMETHING, the very next post has to give that person a hard time for doing so.

I dont do the things I do here for accolades, but this whole thing is just very disappointing...

I'm done with this topic.
You should have been done BEFORE you addressed ME. I don't care if you're finished.

Come on man drop the Jesus Christ or Sister Mary Magdaline routine and come back down to earth. You are here just like I am, like Dizzle is, like Ken is and plenty of others. WE ALL give people FREE advice NONE of us do this for accolades. What makes you special? And as far as you trying to "help" people. Drop the charity routine too. WE ALL HELP PEOPLE and none of us get paid for it. WHY Do you ALWAYS stress you do it for FREE?

You're not special for that.

Stop the "well when you try to help people there's always someone to criticize.

You want a medal? You were absolutely wrong in how you addressed me so now coming back with this "Well, this is the thanks I get for trying to help people" routine is PITIFUL.

I made a comment that DIDN'T SPEAK TO YOU. It was made to someone else.
And now you play the "I'm DONE WITH THIS TOPIC" card?
Stop it. That pretty much means I'm WRONG for addressing you but instead of admiting it, I'll say my last point and walk away as if I wasn't wrong.

Come on playa,
YOU should have been done BEFORE you addressed me.

Tony, man I shoot straight from the hip and tell the truth. I know you do a pretty cool thing for the forum and that we all have different experience sets that we bring here to help. But YOU are offering a product. I'm addressing your product EXACTLY as I would one by any other entity. I'm speaking what I think about it. You'd get less flack from me if you'd finish the thing.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

hey, sounds like you guys need some days off.
heh
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat you down View Post
hey, sounds like you guys need some days off.
heh

LOLLLLLLLLLLL heh heh
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Whatever...SSL's "thank him?" comment was unnecessary. If someone wants to thank Tony, he can do it w/out someone being a dick about it. End of story.
Old 3rd September 2007
Here for the gear

SSL does have a point Tony!

Damn i done moved 2-3 times ALREADY PLUS did a bid and don't know if i will be around by the time this DVD finally ships out and i paid for it around 2 years ago, CAN I PLEASE GET MY COPY so i could rightfully say thankyou if it is at the least decent??!!

Aren't they supposed to ship at the end of last month?? Please give us a definate due date. Thanks!
Old 3rd September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Niedt View Post
Whatever...SSL's "thank him?" comment was unnecessary. If someone wants to thank Tony, he can do it w/out someone being a dick about it. End of story.

If dude had "thanked him" or simply said "THANK you Tony". I wouldn't have said a word.

But, saying "We should all be thanking him" was a bit much in my opinion.
So I spoke on it.
If that means I was being a dick to you,

Before you leave

Don't go empty handed, here

Take one of these with youfuuck

IF that's not enough,
Take one of thesethumbsup

(and turn it sideways, so you can get a whole handful of these fuuckfuuckfuuck)

Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

lol!!!
Old 3rd September 2007
Here for the gear

I have noticed that alot of people on this forum be hesistant ( or just plain ass kissing ) when it comes time to speak out against Tony. Why?
Is it because he run's the forums and you are afraid to get shut out?
Please explain because in this particular situation tony is clearly the one in the wrong for the way he got personal with SSL for telling the truth for us and saying-
" Why should we all gather up and say THANKYOU to tony for something that we still don't even have yet after 2-years with still no definate release Date" ??
And actually if anything Tony should Thank those of us who paid in advance for funding it because according to him that's what he used our money for -So am i wrong for stating the facts??.

I'm sure tony will understand that no one's perfect and he too can be wrong and make mistake's.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

At all it was not Tony who said we should say thank you. It was the opinion of someone else.

Also noone was forced to preorder a copy of this limited DVD.

These are facts and no asskissing.

I can not see any mistake Tony made! He never said when the DVD will be ready! Or did I miss something.

By the way this was my point of view and not Tony's! Tony did not even force me to say that! heh
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

group hug, group hug!
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

for those who do not know how to hug!!! heh heh heh

he is one of the best huggers around BTW! heh heh heh
Old 3rd September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
At all it was not Tony who said we should say thank you. It was the opinion of someone else.

Also noone was forced to preorder a copy of this limited DVD.

These are facts and no asskissing.

I can not see any mistake Tony made! He never said when the DVD will be ready! Or did I miss something.

By the way this was my point of view and not Tony's! Tony did not even force me to say that! heh
Yeah and your one of the ass kisser's that came to mind when i was typing it -Now ain't that about a bitch?

Damn your head is so far up his ass i am starting to think your him. Are you even reading what's really going on or did you decide long ago that now matter what happens your gonna kiss tony's ass wether he's wrong or right?

For your information here's all the misleading information from the beginning when the dvd was first in the making it was originally supposed to be released 2006 of april and although he kept clearing himself by saying things like "Possibly,Maybe,and when it could would and should be out ,Oh yeah and saying things like "We are pushing for" It's still has been almost 2 years and we are left with no definate shipping date, But he definately still got Paid ,So how could you still not be concerned about it?

Here's the links with the facts to back that up now mind you it has been more than a full year and a half ago as of now:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/650626-post104.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/660615-post136.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/797929-post221.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/821170-post229.html

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/1013227-post299.html

Now if you go against the truth again then somethings in your tank that's sweet!
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Addict

That's funny! Some of you guys saying thank you for a DVD that you paid for two years ago, and still haven't seen!
In that time my mixing has improved tenfold, just from getting on with it, learning the craft and educating my ears. If it finally comes out and I hear good things, then I'll cop that if it's available. If not, whatever......
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

i'd be more than happy to pony up and support tony in his efforts with the dvd if i could at least see a demo clip of some sort.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

I've done business with Tony. I've received good advice from Tony. However, I personally wouldn't "pre-order" a Bible from the Pope.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhonoquO View Post
i'd be more than happy to pony up and support tony in his efforts with the dvd if i could at least see a demo clip of some sort.
very good point there!
why not show a tiny little clip?

i pre-ordered as one of the first.
back then "mix it like a record" just came out.
since i liked milar i just ordered tonys dvd for fun.
i am not even into rap .... ;-)

anyway, i believe tony must deliver this year soon.
he said many times before "i am almost done!!".
so there is no easy way out anymore...

maybe it would be a very clever move
of tony to just post a small clip.

then all the critics could see for them self ...
;-)
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac

All I know is if I put up some money to pre order ANYTHING and I had to wait 2 yrs, it better be an exotic sports car. Other than that, I think I'd be a little more than mad.

Now I'm not saying I pre ordered it, cuz I didn't, just saying, you guys that have, have shown me a means of patience that I dont have, so big ups to those who have waited.

Anyway, considering the scenario, I can't imagine anyone thanking someone in that position. I'd be more on the "thats the last time I do buisness with that person" tip.

So if someone wants to thank him, by all means they can, but to say we should all thank him,(even tho I didnt order a copy) is kinda silly especially considering the circumstances.

I'd also like to add that when its completed if its beneficial to improving my skills and learning, i would def cop it.

just my 2 pennies.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
If dude had "thanked him" or simply said "THANK you Tony". I wouldn't have said a word.

But, saying "We should all be thanking him" was a bit much in my opinion.
So I spoke on it.
If that means I was being a dick to you,

Before you leave

Don't go empty handed, here

Take one of these with youfuuck

IF that's not enough,
Take one of thesethumbsup

(and turn it sideways, so you can get a whole handful of these fuuckfuuckfuuck)

I skimmed over his post too quickly and was replying simply with his "Thank you Tony" in mind. I was also in a very poor mood. I apologize.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

well..

I aint taking sides here, I didn't pre order myself but i'd love to see this dvd when it is done...

two years pre order is too long, but if you've ever tried editing video etc it takes forever, I think the amount of work involved may have been underestimated to be fair..

lastly, we don't have to thank people for selling us something, especially with such a wait for those who pre paid! if Tony was running a charity it would be free! but good manners never did any harm..

so if u wanna thank him when its done then go ahead..

I just wanna see it finished, that's what's important here..,

GS politics aside!

peace to all a ya'll...

Zz.
Old 4th September 2007

The dvd began development in April of 06... unless its April of 2008, it hasn't been 2 years.

I had no idea the type of work involved with getting something like this done and I never planned for it to be a mass produced product.

I agree that I deserve criticism for the wait. When I get back from Miami, it is one of my top priorities to get finished. I feel it would have been done last month if not for my current mixing project which is going to mastering next week.

As far as posting a short clip... I'm not interested in generating new sales for this so I have no intentions of this. But, those that preordered have had access to a QuickTime snippet via their update page.
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search