The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Townsend Sphere L22
Old 3 weeks ago
Townsend Sphere L22

Are there any users here? If so curious to your experience with this Microphone.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHustle33 View Post
Are there any users here? If so curious to your experience with this Microphone.
Best mic purchase I have ever made. I own a 70s u87, tlm103s, stam audio u47 and a bunch of other mics. This mix does a good job of emulating them. I do think it is a bit brighter overall, although that could be due to not the preamps that I would normally use with it. For my work flow it has been a game changer. I am mostly doing composition and production work and just leave that mic set up and ready to go for anything. I honestly haven't touched my other mics since i got it. Great on saxes, acoustic gtr, vocals. We are cutting lead vocal for a soul album with it this month, so that will be it's biggest test. The song just got ahold of one so he can track at his studio and I can swap mic models after the fact. We will see how it works. His room is not great, so I'm hoping to compensate with axis correction and pattern adjustment after the fact. With that being said, they are months out. Like maybe 6 months. I think the pandemic really hot them hard, not sure what's going on. Hopefully they are not on the brink of folding. They have not shipped anything to any stores in a long time.
I think their emulations are very good, maybe 90% there. The flexibility outweighs the 10% difference for me.

If I could only have one mic this would absolutely be it.
Old 3 weeks ago
It's an amazing Microphone for sure! I just got mine about a month ago and haven't taken it down since. It's so good and versatile total game changer for sure. A few retailers got some in last month and they went fast. I've heard some more are coming in October sometime. I agree if I could only have one mic this would be it. Just buy this make music and have all your bases covered.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
Best mic purchase I have ever made. I own a 70s u87, tlm103s, stam audio u47 and a bunch of other mics. This mix does a good job of emulating them. I do think it is a bit brighter overall, although that could be due to not the preamps that I would normally use with it. For my work flow it has been a game changer. I am mostly doing composition and production work and just leave that mic set up and ready to go for anything. I honestly haven't touched my other mics since i got it. Great on saxes, acoustic gtr, vocals. We are cutting lead vocal for a soul album with it this month, so that will be it's biggest test. The song just got ahold of one so he can track at his studio and I can swap mic models after the fact. We will see how it works. His room is not great, so I'm hoping to compensate with axis correction and pattern adjustment after the fact. With that being said, they are months out. Like maybe 6 months. I think the pandemic really hot them hard, not sure what's going on. Hopefully they are not on the brink of folding. They have not shipped anything to any stores in a long time.
I think their emulations are very good, maybe 90% there. The flexibility outweighs the 10% difference for me.

If I could only have one mic this would absolutely be it.
Thank you for the kind words! I work for Townsend Labs (you may have seen me in the videos) and I can ensure you that the company is doing very well. Like many, we have faced constraints during COVID 19. We are partially operating and have been continuously available for service and support. We have also continued shipping at reduced levels all throughout the summer. New shipments are rolling as well. Having said that, we have seen increasing demand for Townsend since late last year. Significant amounts are presold worldwide.

We kindly ask all of you waiting for mics to hang in there just a bit longer. We expect that you'll find it worth the wait!

Thanks,
Julian
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian.david View Post
Thank you for the kind words! I work for Townsend Labs (you may have seen me in the videos) and I can ensure you that the company is doing very well. Like many, we have faced constraints during COVID 19. We are partially operating and have been continuously available for service and support. We have also continued shipping at reduced levels all throughout the summer. New shipments are rolling as well. Having said that, we have seen increasing demand for Townsend since late last year. Significant amounts are presold worldwide.

We kindly ask all of you waiting for mics to hang in there just a bit longer. We expect that you'll find it worth the wait!

Thanks,
Julian
I just want to say Townsend has put out a hell of a Microphone. I plan on keeping and using mine as long as I'm making music. Again hats off and thanks for a great great tool.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian.david View Post
faced constraints during COVID 19. We are partially operating and have been continuously available for service and support. We have also continued shipping at reduced levels all throughout the summer. New shipments are rolling as well. Having said that, we have seen increasing demand for Townsend since late last year. Significant amounts are presold worldwide.

Thanks,
Julian
Thanks for the update. Glad you guys are ok! Hopefully I didn't paint an incorrect picture with regards to availability. My experience a couple months ago was that the wait was about 3 weeks. I pre ordered with multiple suppliers and was able to get one. Immediately after that mic came in I tried to order a second one, but the lead time has gotten pretty far out.
Maybe you could set up a direct purchase thtead for gearslutz members?
📝 Reply