The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can anybody identify this Audio Technica mic?
Old 7th September 2020
Here for the gear

Can anybody identify this Audio Technica mic?

anybody know what mic this is? it looks like a 4040 but then again they all look the same. Pic in the thumbnail
Attached Thumbnails
Can anybody identify this Audio Technica mic?-audio-technica-mic.jpg  
Old 8th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanDrive View Post
anybody know what mic this is? it looks like a 4040 but then again they all look the same. Pic in the thumbnail
The 4040 is darker to me. This looks like its of a lighter color, almost like the AT 3035
Old 8th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
The 4040 is darker to me. This looks like its of a lighter color, almost like the AT 3035
AT3035 is like a silverish blue color. It also has plastic lining on top of the grill. Maybe 4033 because of the shape but I'm still not sure
Old 8th September 2020
Lives for gear

could be a few AT mics. The 4050 had a different shockmount than the newer 4033's. Could be a 4033. I have both. A little context may help for some investigative purposes....
Old 9th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illynoise View Post
could be a few AT mics. The 4050 had a different shockmount than the newer 4033's. Could be a 4033. I have both. A little context may help for some investigative purposes....

I was listening to this artist named keshi and his vocal sound was really good. I stopped singing a long time ago and started engineering and producing but a tragic event happened recently and it inspired me to write again. Wanted to try something new I own a lot of mics but they don't really fit the sound or the characteristics of my voice. I haven't had a AT Mic in a long time. my first mic I bought was a AT2020 I hated that mic but I do remember I had the ATR 2500 usb the frequency response actually worked well with my voice but the quality just didn't cut it. Here's another pic of the mic
Attached Thumbnails
Can anybody identify this Audio Technica mic?-keshi-mic.jpg  
📝 Reply