The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Favourite autotune settings and why?
Old 21st August 2020
Favourite autotune settings and why?

I know it depends on the way vocalist but I'm curious where do you guys like that start off with your settings.
Old 21st August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by onshott1 View Post
I know it depends on the way vocalist but I'm curious where do you guys like that start off with your settings.
I like to start with the auto-tune completely off and having it stay that way. That is my favorite auto-tune setting.

As with every effect, I start with everything flat, unity or at 0 or all the way down. Then adjust to taste as needed
Old 4th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
I like to start with the auto-tune completely off and having it stay that way. That is my favorite auto-tune setting.

As with every effect, I start with everything flat, unity or at 0 or all the way down. Then adjust to taste as needed
Ok...

Anyway to answer your question because the key of every song is different the approach has to be different. First, make sure you can track the artist with the autotune so you can hear what the effect is doing in realtime and then adjust the autotune to the key of the song. from there it all comes down to retune speed and humanize (if any).
Old 4th September 2020
DAH
Lives for gear

Bypass. Because it is better so unless you are an Jamaican criminal turned musician.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear