The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is hip hop gentrified?
Old 22nd September 2020
  #91
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnr View Post
Same can be said about the black "elite". Are Timbaland, Dre, Kanye, Jay Z letting any white producers into their little rich circle? Racism is indeed a problem and it's not one-sided.
Can you honestly blame the most marginalized group of millionaires on earth to be selective about their circle and power on culture?
Old 22nd September 2020
  #92
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
I don't believe that. In America you can rise to whatever you want to be. Saying "I can't do that because I'm black" is such bull****. It's like saying "I'm too stupid to figure it out".

Have you ever been black? How can you deny one's experience? You sound ignorant.

Every black person is the experiencing and saying the same thing. It is not by chance.

We live in a country where you have to go in debt just to survive. Most jobs don't pay a living wage if you don't have a degree and few do if you do have one.

How can you afford to go to college when you have no car? A safe place to stay or barely any money to eat? adding kids and other medical issues if you have any to the list just made that 10 times harder....

College is no promise. Especially if you live in a society who used to publicly practice eugenics aka scientific racism founded and started by Ivy League graduates not rednecks, used to try and justify that we are further down the evolutionary scale and less of a human so it's okay to treat us the way you do. Not too long ago, it was just in the 1900s we were literally in zoos and had no rights.

It's rooted Subconsciously in America that we are not human whether we have chains and a have a flashing grill rapping or if we are college graduates in suits.
Old 22nd September 2020
  #93
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Seriously it's just a deflection whenever pulls the racism is a two way street.

It's amazing you can look at the history black people have endured and say "it's not one sided."

There's nothing black people have ever done or attempted to do to prevent a group of broke white rappers with a white production team from selling records.

There is nothing black people are doing that prevents another Eminem or Jake One, or Mike Dean, or Mac Miller, or Beastie Boys.

Mike Dean wasn't blocked by Scarface or Kanye.

That's just a deflection.

Obama wasn't an exception to the rule. He didnt win the majority of white votes in either election. We can thank the changes in the population/demographics for Obama.

If it was strictly up to white voters, Obama wouldn't have won.

The primary purchasers of rap music are white. This is a deflection that is easily proven wrong.
Old 22nd September 2020
  #94
Gear Nut
 

Not to mention if "we" are "too stupid" to figure it out then what are you?

You haven't figured it out either but yet our lifestyles and the area we are living in is completely different. Why is that?
Old 22nd September 2020
  #95
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnr View Post
Same can be said about the black "elite". Are Timbaland, Dre, Kanye, Jay Z letting any white producers into their little rich circle? Racism is indeed a problem and it's not one-sided.
Yes, actually they are. Every single one you mentioned.
1
Share
Old 22nd September 2020
  #96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnr View Post
Sure, Mike Dean, Eminem.. There are always exceptions to the rule. Look at Obama. I am talking about the general trend.
Noah James Shebib(40), Ludwig Göransson, Illangelo, should i go on?
2
Share
Old 22nd September 2020
  #97
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammmoxo View Post

The rich barley share what they know...
I'm not rich, but...

- stay in school;
- learn a trade;
- if your company offers any sort of 401k match, make use of it - that's free money;
- don't have kids if you cannot afford them;
- don't have more kids if you cannot afford the ones you have;
- barista is not a career;
- if you have three kids under 10 and have worked the register at McDonald's for 12 years, you're making bad life choices;
- there is not a conspiracy to keep you down in 2020.

Also - learn how debt works; too many people - regardless of race/creed/upbringing/social status - fall victim to debt because, in my opinion, they simply don't understand what they're agreeing to when the borrowed the money.
Old 22nd September 2020
  #98
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
I'm not rich, but...

- stay in school;
- learn a trade;
- if your company offers any sort of 401k match, make use of it - that's free money;
- don't have kids if you cannot afford them;
- don't have more kids if you cannot afford the ones you have;
- barista is not a career;
- if you have three kids under 10 and have worked the register at McDonald's for 12 years, you're making bad life choices;
- there is not a conspiracy to keep you down in 2020.

Also - learn how debt works; too many people - regardless of race/creed/upbringing/social status - fall victim to debt because, in my opinion, they simply don't understand what they're agreeing to when the borrowed the money.
White people make the same mistakes we do and are bailed out.

The old "don't do drugs, don't have kids, etc speech."

Guess what?

Get a high paying job? Easier said than done.

Hiring Discrimination Against Black Americans Hasn’t Declined in 25 Years
https://hbr.org/2017/10/hiring-discr...ed-in-25-years

Don't do drugs? Wait Whites don't do drugs?
check the Racial Disparity In Marijuana Arrests
https://norml.org/marijuana/fact-she...juana-arrests/

How would one survive in this economy being born into the hood where there are little jobs to begin with plus you are black in a racist society and have no money to go to college without going into debt?

What are you saying my guy? Don't go into debt? How would one survive? I guess we all are going to just apply at mcdonalds. That is what you want right?
Old 22nd September 2020
  #99
Xnr
Gear Nut
 
Xnr's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
Noah James Shebib(40), Ludwig Göransson, Illangelo, should i go on?
That's like saying "There is no problem with black representation in Hollywood. Morgan Freeman, Chadwick Boseman, Samuel Jackson, Will Smith. Should I go on?" If you look at the overall picture, YES there is a problem. Big shots in rap business are heavily biased towards their ethnic group. Of course they are not actively fighting white rappers, they are just choosing not to endorse them. And if that's not racism I don't know what is.
Old 22nd September 2020
  #100
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnr View Post
That's like saying "There is no problem with black representation in Hollywood. Morgan Freeman, Chadwick Boseman, Samuel Jackson, Will Smith. Should I go on?" If you look at the overall picture, YES there is a problem. Big shots in rap business are heavily biased towards their ethnic group. Of course they are not actively fighting white rappers, they are just choosing not to endorse them. And if that's not racism I don't know what is.
Are white people and not the ones who actually like us, endorsing black people?

Hiring Discrimination Against Black Americans Hasn’t Declined in 25 Years
https://hbr.org/2017/10/hiring-discr...ed-in-25-years

^^^^ this tells me otherwise. I go by my experiences and statics not dialogue.

It's always funny to me when we suddenly act like we don't know what is going on this country. It's been happening for over 400 years.
Old 22nd September 2020
  #101
Xnr
Gear Nut
 
Xnr's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammmoxo View Post
Hiring Discrimination Against Black Americans Hasn’t Declined in 25 Years
https://hbr.org/2017/10/hiring-discr...ed-in-25-years
The link is not working, but I get your point. Inequality exists on many different levels. It's impossible to prevent it as long as there is human factor in the decision making process. Hence black producers prefer to promote black rappers and white lawyers prefer to hire white interns. I do agree that we should probably start by fixing the economy. Equal rights for everybody wanting a study loan for example.
1
Share
Old 22nd September 2020
  #102
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnr View Post
The link is not working, but I get your point. Inequality exists on many different levels. It's impossible to prevent it as long as there is human factor in the decision making process. Hence black producers prefer to promote black rappers and white lawyers prefer to hire white interns. I do agree that we should probably start by fixing the economy. Equal rights for everybody wanting a study loan for example.
Agreed. Here is another one

https://www.pnas.org/content/114/41/10870

https://www.urban.org/features/expos...discrimination

The difference being that these guys are millionaires. They're lawyers etc in every city. More discrimination is happening from whites to black through employment and housing etc then vice versa and at a larger scale. So when a black person finally gets a chance to make some decisions who they can hire can you honestly blame them for acting like they do?
Old 22nd September 2020
  #103
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
I found it funny to hear Cosby talk about being left out of the history books - when his exploits certainly won't be forgotten
Way to deflect.
Old 22nd September 2020
  #104
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammmoxo View Post
Can you honestly blame the most marginalized group of millionaires on earth to be selective about their circle and power on culture?
Except it isn't happening. A white guy with great beats wouldn't be denied.

This deflection is like saying HBCUs are racist.

Mike Dean, Scott Storch etc...
2
Share
Old 22nd September 2020
  #105
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Except it isn't happening. A white guy with great beats wouldn't be denied.

This deflection is like saying HBCUs are racist.

Mike Dean, Scott Storch etc...
I agree with you but there is some truth to what he is saying I will agree they are guest in hip hop Eminem even said it.

Nevertheless if you are good like you said we won't have any problem letting you in to uplift the culture. Jack harlow, post molane, etc...
Old 22nd September 2020
  #106
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammmoxo View Post
Have you ever been black? How can you deny one's experience? You sound ignorant.

Every black person is the experiencing and saying the same thing. It is not by chance.

We live in a country where you have to go in debt just to survive. Most jobs don't pay a living wage if you don't have a degree and few do if you do have one.

How can you afford to go to college when you have no car? A safe place to stay or barely any money to eat? adding kids and other medical issues if you have any to the list just made that 10 times harder....

College is no promise. Especially if you live in a society who used to publicly practice eugenics aka scientific racism founded and started by Ivy League graduates not rednecks, used to try and justify that we are further down the evolutionary scale and less of a human so it's okay to treat us the way you do. Not too long ago, it was just in the 1900s we were literally in zoos and had no rights.

It's rooted Subconsciously in America that we are not human whether we have chains and a have a flashing grill rapping or if we are college graduates in suits.
Oh please, my grandparents went through the great depression, no one had anything. My grandfather went to work on a railroad bridge gang. Stop playing the victim.

Last edited by Bender412; 22nd September 2020 at 05:38 AM..
Closed

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1832 views: 167204
Avatar for adam_f
adam_f 3 weeks ago
replies: 583 views: 77372
Avatar for J_One
J_One 2 days ago
replies: 3927 views: 285990
Avatar for Spinwander
Spinwander 2 minutes ago
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump