The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Paul Cheeba’s Greedy Beats!
Old 23rd July 2020
"On and on to the break of dawn and...." Thanks again so much for your support, this batch is proving so popular there will definitely be more free one shots and new breaks and beats. I'm so glad you're enjoying them, I'd love to hear how you're using them. That'll inspire me!
Old 24th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
"On and on to the break of dawn and...." Thanks again so much for your support, this batch is proving so popular there will definitely be more free one shots and new breaks and beats. I'm so glad you're enjoying them, I'd love to hear how you're using them. That'll inspire me!
Paul, since you obviously have the ear and experience to know what a quality drum pack is....... here's hoping for a Pulsar 23 Paul Cheeba’s Meaty Beats drum hit pack soon!
Old 24th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
Paul, since you obviously have the ear and experience to know what a quality drum pack is....... here's hoping for a Pulsar 23 Paul Cheeba’s Meaty Beats drum hit pack soon!
Aw Man, that programming on the track you sent me is insane! Great song too!
Very inspiring thank you so much. I'm gonna study it.

Once I get my current beat project finished I'm gonna be all over the Pulsar I promise. I have it hooked through my AAE tube fuzz box and the filtering is the nuts.
Old 24th July 2020
Gear Addict

I'd def 100% buy a mutated and mangled drum machine pack off you - I think people would go nuts for that. More unusual the better, no one needs any more 808's.

I'd love some drum sounds made from your ARP 2600, but appreciate thats a bit time consuming!

Did you ever make anything from that HUGE 2m wide bass drum you have? Could imagine that through a load of different mics would be bonkers!
Old 24th July 2020
Yeah the Arp is crazy for drums. I used the huge bass drum on the one shot pack I did originally, it's the now that sounds like an organic 808 kick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED View Post
I'd def 100% buy a mutated and mangled drum machine pack off you - I think people would go nuts for that. More unusual the better, no one needs any more 808's.

I'd love some drum sounds made from your ARP 2600, but appreciate thats a bit time consuming!

Did you ever make anything from that HUGE 2m wide bass drum you have? Could imagine that through a load of different mics would be bonkers!
Old 24th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Aw Man, that programming on the track you sent me is insane! Great song too!
Very inspiring thank you so much. I'm gonna study it.
To know it inspired you puts a big smile on my face Paul. When you included the individual hits it took the ability of your pack over the top for me. It's the first time I've been able to use breaks and programmed drums together in such a cohesive manor, almost like I could have the drummer play to the song...... for that I am very appreciative.

FWIW, I did some extra analog processing to the drums for a touch more grit too. The underneath track is really just an old West Coast style Hip Hop track (Dr Dre/ Ice Cube chords), but I reamped the digital guitars to sound real and efx for more of a mild semi psychedelic mood. Your breaks added the funky groove and when pushed added contrast to the vocals.

Quote:
Once I get my current beat project finished I'm gonna be all over the Pulsar I promise. I have it hooked through my AAE tube fuzz box and the filtering is the nuts.
As the US Pulsar list is very slow and I'm 2-5 months from my list position, so I'm dying for a proper pack from you. Most just don't have the gear for processing or the ear to really get the fine tune details right like you do.
Old 24th July 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah the Arp is crazy for drums. I used the huge bass drum on the one shot pack I did originally, it's the now that sounds like an organic 808 kick.
ahhhh I think I have that one - will dig ti out yayyy!
Old 25th July 2020
1TP
Gear Head

Quote:
Same! I love this pack, but sadly nowadays I usually need a more modern sound. Classic breaks are sadly out of fashion, but I'd love to have a pack that's a bit more modern but something with more character and uniqueness than a generic 808 pack.
Old 25th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TP View Post
Same! I love this pack, but sadly nowadays I usually need a more modern sound. Classic breaks are sadly out of fashion, but I'd love to have a pack that's a bit more modern but something with more character and uniqueness than a generic 808 pack.
It's on the way.... You'd be surprised how much fresher these can sound though. Will the Weirdo's programming is so fresh and way ahead of all this generic trap. Classic breaks aren't out of fashion, they just need a new flip.
Old 25th July 2020
Gear Addict

Breaks and high quality drum one shots are fantastically useful and inspiring. Since I got your first one shot giveaways I barely felt the need to sample vinyl for drums.
Old 25th July 2020
Lives for gear

Yeah I guess “real” drums are out of fashion if your into trap, but why sound like everyone else ?
Make your own style.
Old 26th July 2020
1TP
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleep View Post
Yeah I guess “real” drums are out of fashion if your into trap, but why sound like everyone else ?
Make your own style.
That's exactly what I want to do. It's not like classic break drums is something new and innovative either. But I'll try to really mangle these into something new and unique that work with what I'm trying to do.
Old 26th July 2020
Gear Addict

don't forget there is one shots in these packs too
Old 27th July 2020
Quote:
don't forget there is one shots in these packs too
This is where Will has really scored. He mixes the breaks, the one shots and the fills to make seamlessly modern sounding Hip Hop drums that all sound uniform.
Thinking outside the trap box is so much more modern sounding than pure 808 type stuff but if that's what you want to do there are tempos from 60bpm upwards so you can integrate the best of both worlds.
Old 27th July 2020
Quote:
That's exactly what I want to do. It's not like classic break drums is something new and innovative either. But I'll try to really mangle these into something new and unique that work with what I'm trying to do.
It is though, because trap has been around too long now.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is where Will has really scored. He mixes the breaks, the one shots and the fills to make seamlessly modern sounding Hip Hop drums that all sound uniform.
Thinking outside the trap box is so much more modern sounding than pure 808 type stuff but if that's what you want to do there are tempos from 60bpm upwards so you can integrate the best of both worlds.
It's only possible to do that Paul as your pack allows for it.... In all my years I've never had a drum break pack like yours, it truly is groundbreaking in how we can flip what you've provided. Again, this is the best drum break library ever IMHO.
Old 27th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
It's only possible to do that Paul as your pack allows for it.... In all my years I've never had a drum break pack like yours, it truly is groundbreaking in how we can flip what you've provided. Again, this is the best drum break library ever IMHO.
I'd love to see how you did it though, it seems to me you've transcended the pack contents.
Old 27th July 2020
1TP
Gear Head

Quote:
I'd love to see how you did it though, it seems to me you've transcended the pack contents.
I'd also love to hear it, to open my mind on how I could use these in different ways. I admit, I didn't realize all the potential ways to use these yet. But this has gotten me thinking, so thanks for opening my mind to new possibilities!
Old 27th July 2020
Quote:
I'd also love to hear it, to open my mind on how I could use these in different ways. I admit, I didn't realize all the potential ways to use these yet. But this has gotten me thinking, so thanks for opening my mind to new possibilities!
Cool, thanks for keeping an open mind. I love the mix of both, the grind and the skip.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Would love to hear what Will has done also.

Great to see this pack getting the buzz it deserves!
Old 18th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Would love to hear what Will has done also.

Great to see this pack getting the buzz it deserves!
Yeah, Will can you go public?

Thanks for all the props people!
Old 23rd August 2020
Here are some nice fuzzy pitched subs for free:
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...irzIMOTyK5jkQV
Old 23rd August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Very kind of you to share these for free Paul! Fantastic as usual.
Old 23rd August 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
pounced on these - at first listen they sound super useful, all keys too!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I can’t listen atm, are these new ones that aren’t in your main pack? I’ll def grab them if so.

Also, I gave you a plug on the Isla Instruments S2400 forum, hope you don’t mind. I can’t wait until that bad boy arrives in a few weeks so I can throw some of your drums at it!

STRATEGY
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATEGY View Post
I can’t listen atm, are these new ones that aren’t in your main pack? I’ll def grab them if so.

Also, I gave you a plug on the Isla Instruments S2400 forum, hope you don’t mind. I can’t wait until that bad boy arrives in a few weeks so I can throw some of your drums at it!

STRATEGY
These are jut subs, very useful one I might add.... definitely grab them.
📝 Reply