The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fl Studio weird issue when saving. Sound quality changes on save
Old 13th February 2020
Here for the gear

Fl Studio weird issue when saving. Sound quality changes on save

So I have been producing for over 8 years and basically have mastered FL Studio. I recently had a new pc built for me and have switched over from my laptop which was getting very old an slow. I made thousands of beats on that laptop so I know how Fl Studio sounds and how it behaves. Recently every time I save a song on FL the sound quality changes and I can hear it. Its like the quality degrades and doesn't sound the same before the save like it loses fidelity. If I load anything that was made on my laptop it sounds how its supposed to sound and wondering what could be the issue. I tested this on three different versions of fl studio and the problem is the same. If I save on Pro Tools or Studio One I don't have this issue! I really think fl studio isn't stable on this new rig but don't really know much about computers to stabilize it. If anyone has any tips I could try to fix it I would greatly appreciate it cause I'm tired of constantly having to refresh plugins and stem out samples before I finish songs.
Old 14th February 2020
The only thing i can tell you is that maybe you should uninstall it and re-install it. Its a weird issue.
Old 16th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Is it a Delll? I only ask because Dell installs this audio thing called "Waves Maxx Audio" by default. And to be honest, there are also other PC manufacturers that also include similar software.

What I suspect is happening is this:
-FL Studio is fine. It's very very hard for a DAW to bug out to the point where it renders the audio incorrectly.
-When you render the file and play it back, it is being played back through the "Waves Audio" enhancement software.
-It needs to be disabled. Here is how:

Click your "taskbar arrow" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Look through everything in the task bar and see if you find anything related to Audio, or Waves Audio. You might not even need to click the arrow.

If you do find something, open it, and disable all forms of audio enhancement. You will instantly notice the difference.

Cheers. -herb
Old 16th February 2020
Here for the gear

It's not a dell. Its custom built. The issue is on playback within the daw. So if I'm making a beat and I save and press play again this is where it happens. The sonics aren't the same. Basically I have to finish the beat before I render because if I save and export the render will sound like two different ones. I might upload examples before and after saving
Old 17th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Is it the save that ruins it?

Or is it the render that ruins it?

Very interesting indeed. Perhaps a reinstall as was mentioned earlier.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbDelux View Post
Is it the save that ruins it?

Or is it the render that ruins it?

Very interesting indeed. Perhaps a reinstall as was mentioned earlier.
its the save that ruins it. I don't have this issue on PT and Studio one, only FL. I tried reinstalling same issue occurs
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is it saving in the format you're expecting? It maybe defaulting to a inferior sample quality at save time. Check settings again?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search