The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New gear for my studio... Again !
Old 18th January 2020
Gear Head
New gear for my studio... Again !

Since my last thread here I made many recordings with gear that I bought thanks to your advice guys. Now it's time to buy a few thing's that will level up my early 90's style studio. Now I currently looking for new:

Studio Monitor's - I worked 5 year's on Behringer B3031A Monitor's which were nice an a little dark sounding. Now I'm looking for new monitor's. My budget for them is 750 Euro

Poly Synth - I have an Korg Volca FM, Ploytec PL2 and a Arturia Minibrute 2 now. The synth should be in a module. My current type's are Waldorf Blofeld and Roland JU-06A. Maybe is there an other alternative? The synth can be also in rack format.

Rack mixer - He must have 3x stereo input's for my Poly synthesizier's and 1U big because my space is limited in my rack.

Mono Compressor - I had an Alesis 3630 than Yamaha GC020B and finally Warm Audio 1176 which I sold to buy an UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD Core where I can use as much 1176's as I need in my session. Now I want to buy something different for drums and maybe Vocal's. Maybe a DBX 160 X will do the work?

I make and mix/master mainly 90's style boom bap hip hop and Retro wave music.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Studio Monitor's - I worked 5 year's on Behringer B3031A Monitor's which were nice an a little dark sounding. Now I'm looking for new monitor's. My budget for them is 750 Euro
Look into these 2 manufactures, and find one in your budget, JBL or Focal. You cannot go wrong with either of those

For compressor - Warm Audio WA-2A Optical Compressor. Love it!

For Rack mixer - TASCAM MZ-123BT Rackmount Multi-zone Mixer with bluetooth
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'd put the whole budget on QUALITY speakers. My motto is real simple: Never buy twice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Look into these 2 manufactures, and find one in your budget, JBL or Focal. You cannot go wrong with either of those

For compressor - Warm Audio WA-2A Optical Compressor. Love it!

For Rack mixer - TASCAM MZ-123BT Rackmount Multi-zone Mixer with bluetooth
Thank's for the advice I will go next week to my favorite shop and I will listen to JBL, APS, Adam and Focal monitor's and choose the right one
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head
Sooo. I bought an Behringer RX1602 V2 as an rack mixer for my poly synth. He is much cheaper than the Tascam MZ-123BT. When it comes to studio Monitors I've chosen APS Klassic.
Still need advice for the Poly Synth

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search