The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
This sound,What plugins are used? (R&B/Slow jam)
Old 8th December 2019
Here for the gear

This sound,What plugins are used? (R&B/Slow jam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSUSFow70no
0:28
How to make synth drop?
Old 8th December 2019
Lives for gear

An LFO that affects the pitch of a sine wave is one way you could achieve it.

You could also get the same effect using a synth with a portamento/glide setting. Play the note you want to start with then play another note an octave or two higher.

I'm not sure what synth was used on that record, but the effect you hear was most likely done using the portamento function.
Old 8th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vigilanti View Post
An LFO that affects the pitch of a sine wave is one way you could achieve it.

You could also get the same effect using a synth with a portamento/glide setting. Play the note you want to start with then play another note an octave or two higher.

I'm not sure what synth was used on that record, but the effect you hear was most likely done using the portamento function.
Do you have a tutorial on youtube?
Old 8th December 2019
Quote:
Do you have a tutorial on youtube?
I do no think Doc will make a YouTube video just for you. If he does, kudos to him But just try his suggestions and experiment, he set you on the right direction. With some experimentation and the will to make it happen, you can.
Old 8th December 2019
Lives for gear
I doubt that this is done with portamento. To me it sounds like a played slide cause it is not a linear raise of the pitch but notes.
It's a playing technique that was used on organ in the late 60s early 70s in Rock Jazz and Funk.

Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
I do no think Doc will make a YouTube video just for you. If he does, kudos to him But just try his suggestions and experiment, he set you on the right direction. With some experimentation and the will to make it happen, you can.
No, not going to make a tutorial as there are many on Youtube as is. I would also like for them to experiment and see what other kinds of cool things they can discover.
Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiper0815 View Post
I doubt that this is done with portamento. To me it sounds like a played slide cause it is not a linear raise of the pitch but notes.
It's a playing technique that was used on organ in the late 60s early 70s in Rock Jazz and Funk.

It does sound a little like that, but that's why I suggested the LFO routed to the oscillators pitch. To my ears it sounds like a smooth curve up to the higher pitch and not as stepped like a slide sounds when going from note to note.

You could manually adjust the rate on the LFO, or you could route it to the Mod wheel and do it that way too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search