The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ASR-10 tracking to DAW
Old 22nd November 2019
Here for the gear

ASR-10 tracking to DAW

Having some concerns about the output volume when tracking from my asr to Reaper. I'm recording through an RME Babyface straight to Reaper at 24/44100. I usually normalize samples in the asr to keep the volume sufficient, but when recording to Reaper the tracks end up between -18db to -30db. Will this be enough for adequate mixing? I've tried adding gain in the RME but that created some aliasing and sounded awful.
Old 22nd November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
Having some concerns about the output volume when tracking from my asr to Reaper. I'm recording through an RME Babyface straight to Reaper at 24/44100. I usually normalize samples in the asr to keep the volume sufficient, but when recording to Reaper the tracks end up between -18db to -30db. Will this be enough for adequate mixing? I've tried adding gain in the RME but that created some aliasing and sounded awful.
It may be, depending on the recorded tracks.
Only you can tell. I do not have access to your tracks to see how low your noise floor is, but you have access to it. so check your noise floor. In 24bit they should be ok,. but that depends ion your noise floor

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search