The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post processing effect order for 808s?
Old 5th November 2019
Here for the gear

Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
There are no defined order of effects. You use any effects that in any order that gets you the sound you want for that 808 in that specific mix.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I mean more like should I fatten the 808 using Rbass or sausage fattener first before applying any distorting plugins and vice versa, by distorting I mean applying that fuzz and grit to 808, becuase my 808s coming out the synthesizer are not even close to being usable.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I mean more like should I fatten the 808 using RBass or Sausage Fattener first before applying any distorting plugins and vice versa,
Only you can answer that. You do what sounds best in that specific mix. There are no rules saying you need to do this and that to an 808 and everyone will do different things to an 808.
There is no way for me to tell you what you would like better.

This is your answer:
You need to try both and listen to the results of them in the context of the mix and then you can decide what you like better for that specific mix
Old 2 weeks ago
I work in outboard gear but i'd assume would be easy enough to replicate in software - the best way I find of using 808 kicks is running through an SPL vitalizer then compression.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search