All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Modern Pop R&B and Hip-Hop Drum Loops
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Modern Pop R&B and Hip-Hop Drum Loops

I spend to much time making beats manually (not using loops),
but noticed that I spent way too much time on that,
so I want to try using loops at least as starting point,
so I can focus on the melody, lyrics and chords more.

I have a few old loop libraries from AKAI disks and have Stylus RMX vst,
But these are very outdated sounding today.

I'm looking for some modern R&B and Hip-Hop drum loops (or beats loops).
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Get a splice subscription. Dirt cheap for what you get.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
I heard bad stories about splice’s copyrights, that if you use their loops you have to credit them and so on..
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
I heard bad stories about splice’s copyrights, that if you use their loops you have to credit them and so on..

That's incorrect. Everything on Splice is royalty free and needs no credits to any of their samples.

https://support.splice.com/hc/en-us/...-Licensing-FAQ

Q: Do I need to give Splice credit when registering with a PRO (publishing rights organization) like ASCAP or BMI?
A: Splice is not a co-owner of your track, so no need to credit Splice when registering with a PRO.

Q: Do I need to give the creator of the sample credit?
A: No.
Old 2 weeks ago
Making drum loops doesn't take forever though - why not stick to making your own and have unique drums?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
Making drum loops doesn't take forever though - why not stick to making your own and have unique drums?
Being unique is an outdated concept in Hip Hop, unfortunately.
Old 2 weeks ago
@ BezowinZ agreed but I think that fits all genres - everyone would rather sound alike even between genres now Hip Hop stars want to be more pop or rnb while pop stars want to be more Hip Hop, etc... I'm all for diversity but not to the point of ending up with one common sounding lump of everything.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Oh, I hate it @ mrfantastic !

Most other genres were already like this to some degree. Hip Hop was the last hold out where crossing over & biting to do so was looked down upon. It's now cool to do both.
Old 2 weeks ago
@ BezowinZ agree - didn't really expect it of Hip Hop to the extent that it has got
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
Being unique is an outdated concept in Hip Hop, unfortunately.
just cos u program ur own drums dont mean its unique most peeps program very similar drum patterns
Old 2 days ago
@ jpeg agreed but just because people do program the same it doesn't mean that anyone 'has' to. No different to live drummers using a kick snare kick kick kick snare pattern with 1/4 note hi hats in thousands of songs when they have the ability to do something else.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
just cos u program ur own drums dont mean its unique most peeps program very similar drum patterns
But the sound. Program yourself or not, if we're all working with the same samples, the music will be homogeneous, like it is today.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
Yeah, I rarely do drums now. Splice makes the drums easy so I can work on the melodies and chords. Don’t let the price fool you. Splice packs got some heat!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
Yeah, I rarely do drums now. Splice makes the drums easy so I can work on the melodies and chords. Don’t let the price fool you. Splice packs got some heat!
I do my own drums, but use some samples to chop up. I use the drum samples to play my own drums on the force. I make drum kits out them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search