The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Great Addition to SP1200
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Maniac

Great Addition to SP1200

What would make a great addition to the SP1200, compliment it and why?(E-mu Emulator iii, Studio 440 or E-mu SP12)
Old 4th September 2019
Lives for gear
It depends
You can use the classic combo SP1200 and s950 if you want to create the sound/vibe of 90s hip hop. In that case the SP would be your sequencer but you could also use a MPC and use it as master to control the SP and/or other gear. In that case the SP will take the role of a lofi addon whenever you need it. You can also integrate the lofi sampler into a DAW setup with synth plugins etc. You see it depends on your music style and how you would like to work.
First question IMO is: What role plays the SP in the setup.

peace
Old 4th September 2019
Gear Maniac

One of your options is how I currently have it set up, MPC1000 controlling the SP1200 and I do all my sampling on the SP. I would like to have an additional amount of seconds that would blend good with the quality of the SP to add voices, strings, little sounds for the chorus etc. It could be 12 bit or 16bit. I recently bought an Akai s950 after owning one 22 years ago and the interface felt very archaic and forgot how unintuitive it was. So would like to try something different.
Old 5th September 2019
pioneer sp-16. Its also an SP. It has a great chop function and it has modern hardware and quick storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Great Addition to SP1200-thesps.jpg  
Old 5th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_P View Post
pioneer sp-16. Its also an SP. It has a great chop function and it has modern hardware and quick storage.
Any examples of how they sound good together?
Old 5th September 2019
Good may be subjective there, but my soundcloud is pretty much those two boxes with other things sprinkled in.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search