The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
tremelo/vibrato synth?
Old 12th August 2019
Here for the gear

tremelo/vibrato synth?

Does anybody have or know how to recreate the tremelo/vibrato synth at 0:08?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarNance View Post

Does anybody have or know how to recreate the tremelo/vibrato synth at 0:08?
On a tracker like renoise.

A stab with a psp lexocon and automate repeat time and stomp filter.

Don't know why I feeling triton. But maybe I'll get a hit back.

L8
It sounds really familiar to a preset on an old casio.

Sending to my sound design buddy. He's Mr. Japan synth guy.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

My reply: "Sounds like a Korg"
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
MinimogueVA

set it up like in this image and play with the marked knobs (SLIGHTLY!) till you satisfied
photo online upload
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

fast lfo triggering the filter with lots of resonance. any synth will work.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

fyi it‘s called wah when the filter is modulated with an lfo. when an lfo is modulating pitch, it‘s vibrato and volume is tremolo.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstupid View Post
fyi it‘s called wah when the filter is modulated with an lfo. when an lfo is modulating pitch, it‘s vibrato and volume is tremolo.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/o28Uh7SghnA/hqdefault.jpg
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
hmmmm? I would limit the term 'wah' to a bandpass filter modulated manually or automatically via LFO.

Just think about the sound of a lfo modulated hipass. It's far from 'wah'. It's more 'zchiaoo ooaizch'

To me a modulated filter (in general) is called 'modulated filter'. Doesn't mean that it COULD be a wah FX.

Depending on how fast the LFO is (some synths provide an LFO that is able to oszillate into hearing frequencies) the term vibrato changes to FM (frequency modulation) and the term tremolo changes to AM (amplitude modulation). Atleast for synth sound designer :D
Although technically even a vibrato is frequency modulation (well a slow one)

:D

peace
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiper0815 View Post
hmmmm? I would limit the term 'wah' to a bandpass filter modulated manually or automatically via LFO.

Just think about the sound of a lfo modulated hipass. It's far from 'wah'. It's more 'zchiaoo ooaizch'

To me a modulated filter (in general) is called 'modulated filter'. Doesn't mean that it COULD be a wah FX.

:-D

peace
a filter can be modulated by anything. envelope, lfo, oscillator, etc. manufacturers may use different terms but wah was a common term in the synth world afaik, and usually it was an lp filter modulated by lfo.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
in the guitar world that's a tremolo but it's actually a vibrato
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
in the guitar world that's a tremolo but it's actually a vibrato
http://www.rfcafe.com/references/pop...lectronics.jpg

Have a good one!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
a filter can be modulated by anything. envelope, lfo, oscillator, etc.
so?? Did I say something to let you think I disagree on that?
BTW no need to mention oscillator AND low frequency oscillator
Other modulation sources? light, pH value, blood pressure.....

Quote:
manufacturers may use different terms but wah was a common term in the synth world afaik, and usually it was an lp filter modulated by lfo.
Yeah that might be or not. You're unsure. So do I. All I know is that I never heard the word 'wah' in this context and if someone would say 'Hey Pete, this synth sound need a kind of wah wah you know' I would either grab the pedal or use a bandpass-filter.

I'm interested where you heard of this.

peace
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
so?? Did I say something to let you think I disagree on that?
BTW no need to mention oscillator AND low frequency oscillator
Other modulation sources? light, pH value, blood pressure.....

Yeah that might be or not. You're unsure. So do I. All I know is that I never heard the word 'wah' in this context and if someone would say 'Hey Pete, this synth sound need a kind of wah wah you know' I would either grab the pedal or use a bandpass-filter.

I'm interested where you heard of this.

peace
not that this discussion is helping the op in any way, but i just pointed out that "modulated filter" is vague like modulating pitch or volume. vibrato and tremolo is by definition modulated by lfo. and yes wah is a term commonly used in the guitar world and yes "some" wah pedals are modulating bandpass filters. i'm not unsure, it's just not a well defined term because it isn't a thing in classical music. and there is a difference between lfo and oscillator (FM) and there are many more mod sources and destinations. hm blood pressure would be interesting. btw there's actually a light bulb in some fx units like the univibe

peace
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
not that this discussion is helping the op in any way, but i just pointed out that "modulated filter" is vague like modulating pitch or volume. vibrato and tremolo is by definition modulated by lfo. and yes wah is a term commonly used in the guitar world and yes "some" wah pedals are modulating bandpass filters. i'm not unsure, it's just not a well defined term because it isn't a thing in classical music. and there is a difference between lfo and oscillator (FM) and there are many more mod sources and destinations. hm blood pressure would be interesting. btw there's actually a light bulb in some fx units like the univibe

peace
Thats all what I was trying to say with my first post about the wah.
only difference I see between LFO and O is the LF technically it's the same.
Yes light bulbs are already used. the volume pedal of my Farfisa Organ got it. And I remeber a kind of 'talkbox' that didn't use the 'signal thru a tube' but a light resistor that you put into your mouth and control the filter by open the mouth

peace
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
And I remeber a kind of 'talkbox' that didn't use the 'signal thru a tube' but a light resistor that you put into your mouth and control the filter by open the mouth

peace
omg! i want that!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Found it again on the net
Mike Matthews SoulKiss.

peace

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search