The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
can you help get this sound/vibe?
Old 9th August 2019
Here for the gear

can you help get this sound/vibe?

Greetings fellow slutz of the gear.

I call upon the wisdom of the elder ear who's experience stand the test of time .

I am attempting to recreate the feeling/sound/vibe that this beat is producing for A potential first client https://youtu.be/prVAWQWkcro

The drums seem to be the easier part to do . But everything else has me at a road block.

Aside from the drums the main sound I hear is a airy simple timing sound that drags out longer than the other sound. it feels like it's coming from far away . Any ideas how I can achieve this sound /effect ?

And other sound I hear is more complex timing. More notes being played . Cant tell what instrument that is .what do u think ?

My mission is to replicate the emotion that beat is giving out I'm not to good with knowing what key a song is in . https://youtu.be/prVAWQWkcro

I use mpcx , logic , flstu thanks
Old 9th August 2019
Lives for gear

it's a filtered piano type sound. reverb gives a sense of distance. can't tell if it's a vinyl sample or just emulated, but a lot of vibe is coming from the tape sound and noise.
Old 9th August 2019
Here for the gear

Could be harp too...
Old 9th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstupid View Post
it's a filtered piano type sound. reverb gives a sense of distance. can't tell if it's a vinyl sample or just emulated, but a lot of vibe is coming from the tape sound and noise.
Which sound do u think is the filtered piano ? What do u think the other sound is ?
Thanks I juse herd the tape sound giving that static effect. I'm going to try to replicate it on logic
Old 9th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefaz View Post
Could be harp too...
What do you think the other sound is ? Are u getting like a Chinsee nature feel ? I can't find that main sound on my daw
Old 19th August 2019
Here for the gear
they are two different samples. Ask the producer or beat maker for the sound kit.
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear
Ok, I hear the following.
1. The 'slow' 'high' melody pad-like sound is smooth so it is probably a triangle waveform of course it's filtered and it sounds like the filter is opened more on the 2rd quarter of the complete melody and returns to a more closed filter on the last quarter. This give a bit of impression that the 2nd and 3rd quarter is played an octave higher (which isn't the case). It could be a lopass but to me it sounds more like a bandpass. It does have a slightly vibrato on it. You might find a useful sound when you search your Synth/VSTi for choir presets and tweak that to your liking. Don't forget to put a long reverb on it and a bit of chorus might help too.

2 Now the harder part I don't know if I get some kind of auditory hallucination from listening this loop for the last 20 min. so I could be wrong :D
There is a kind of dreamy bell sound kind of epiano or musicbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ-0TMfX4FY

3 This musicbox sound is combined with chords and a bit of melody of a guitar (at least I hear a guitar cause of the way the chords and melody is played. Well I'm not a guitarist but it reminds me of a typical way a guitar sounds on some jazzy songs. If you listen to only the right side you can hear this more clearly. It seem to be also filtered.

well could also be a harp as entioned before
Old 20th August 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks Pete u sir are the man , It is difficult for me hear and distinguish instruments when they are layered together sound's like one sound most of the time to me .guess my ears need some more training to do really appreciate every 1for helping salute
Old 23rd August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply intricate View Post
Thanks Pete u sir are the man , It is difficult for me hear and distinguish instruments when they are layered together sound's like one sound most of the time to me .guess my ears need some more training to do really appreciate every 1for helping salute
I think it's a sample and he put gross beat on it + reverb
Old 9th September 2019
Here for the gear

Filtered piano - try rx950 (s950 emulation)
short delay no feedback (left chanell o mix right 100 10-20 ms)
or even add long time 1\1 or 2\1 bar flanger with very low feedback

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search