The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone using sound modules/romplers still? Looking at integra 7
Old 30th July 2019
Gear Addict

Anyone using sound modules/romplers still? Looking at integra 7

Thinking of adding an integra 7, to go with my other analog and digital synths. I prefer to use hardware sound source for their longevity, and tactile control, however am aware that most modules offer little to none of that.

I sequence with Live/push and use ITB effects mostly still.

Started looking at the old jv 1080/2080's and even the JD990, but figured go for the integra and get all the XV sounds, which has all JV and expansions, plus the super natural stuff and srx expansions.

Synth wise I already use a moog grandmother, virus TI, deepmind, eurorack and got the new Nyx v2. Looking for bread and butter plus the PCM stuff. I have omnisphere and kontakt, but I prefer hardware, makes me commit to a sound.

Anyone still working this way, with motifs or olderRoland's, or the newer integra7?
Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts.
Old 18th August 2019
Lives for gear

I love my integra 7. I have it permanently connected to a mac running reaper. People complain about only having 64 studio sets but i dont use it like that. I run the editor in reaper and tweak and create sounds with that. This way all the settings are saved within reaper rather than in the integra itself.
It is a deep instrument. As well as all the legacy stuff it also has the supernatural stuff too including a very capable VA
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

+1
If you are after pcm & bread and butter sounds imo it's the best choice if funds allow...and an outstanding complement to what you have
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

The Integra and a Voyager are on my list of to gets before years end.
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

Not since I starting using virtual instruments. But prior, I relied on my Motif Rack heavily. Loved that thing. Combined with my Command Station PX-7 & Akai Z4, killer!
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

I thought my integra 7 was broken yesterday, was doing some tweaking on the pc and started getting random and hanging notes. When i finally turned around i saw the cat standing on my keyboard.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search