The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BEST Budget Home Studio Channel Strips
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear
Above all - you're 15 - your enthusiasm and ability to "a." hear properly and "b." remember what you did yesterday is more important than gear - make loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of music - learn, gain experience. This will stand you in better stead than chasing gear.
Old 8th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyhooks View Post
I am a 15 year old that records, produces, and engineers hip-hop music in my home studio.

I want to up my game with channel strips, preamps, etc., and I figured this was the best place to take advice from rap/hip-hop engineers alike.

However, I have also heard that "all-in-one" channel strips (ones with EQ, compressors, and more inside of one strip) are not the best option, and I want the best bang for my buck.

Any recommendations for a $500 budget?
Dear Mr. @ Fishyhooks - what did you end up getting - if anything? If you still haven't decided - for Rap and some Dub/HipHop/RB your Presonus microphone press are clean enough - if it were me (and I wasn't using the gear in a live situation) I would buy a really good microphone like a Shure SM7b - and then get a kick butt plugins channel
strip like the Waves Scheps Omni Channel or maybe the Brainworx bx_console Focusrite SC.

You can accomplish what you are setting out to do - and if you happen to have more than one voice in your room you can keep using the plugin on each channel.
Old 16th February 2020
Lives for gear

I'd look for a used Focusrite Green Voicebox Mk2
Old 18th February 2020
Gear Head
spend an extra $100 and get the Drawmer MxPro60

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search