The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Which Output instrument would you get first? (Exhale? Analog Strings?)
Old 30th April 2019
Lives for gear
Which Output instrument would you get first? (Exhale? Analog Strings?)

I have an extensive library at the moment, but I am looking for something outside of the norm.

I have a plethora of synths: Omnisphere, Sylenth, Gladiator, NI KU9 synths, Europa VST, etc...

I have tons of instrument libraries to cover the basics... lots of realistic sounding string libraries (LASS, Miroslav), piano (Cinesamples, Keyscape, NI), guitar (realstrat/lpc/guitar3), etc etc etc.

So, I'm very intriqued by the Output offerings, as they are essentially taking one shots and altering them into something interesting. I do this on my own typically.. but they've basically done it for me.

So I'm torn between the 3 offerings:
Exhale
Analog Brass & Wind
Analog Strings
Substance

If you were me, which one would you start out with? I'm looking for an instrument to get my creative juices flowing for Hip-Hop production. No trap beats. I make Hip-Hop that typically has 1-2 interesting crisp sounds (as in, not ambient stuff) and is supported musically by regular acoustic instruments.

For example... I may find a very interesting pluck lead from a synth... create a melody with that... and build around it with pianos, cellos, guitar chords, horm stabs, etc.

Last edited by CPhoenix; 30th April 2019 at 09:41 PM..
Old 30th April 2019
Gear Addict

just from the demo sounds brass and winds easily
Old 1st May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolafish View Post
just from the demo sounds brass and winds easily
Man, you're right. The more demos I found (which are surprisingly hard to find!), Analog Brass is sounding really really impressive for what I want to do. Lots of inspiration. I can't get that brass sound on my own, and I have some solid brass libraries (Mojo Horns 1, NI K9U, hardware Integra7 & Motif). They did things with these brass samples I wouldn't have thought to do.

Think I'm sold. The more Exhale demo's I found, I liked it a little less. I feel like I could do the same or close with my mic, Melodyne, and soundtoys ..... or just finding some fun vocal chops.

Substance surprised me... but... I have Trillian, so doesn't feel like it should be my first choice.

Analog Strings will be my 2nd purchase.

Thanks bro.
Old 5th May 2019
Lives for gear
I got Analog Brass. I do not regret.
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear

get something real.
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAllianceEast! View Post
get something real.
Elaborate.

A real horn? I'm not a player. A real horn would serve me no purpose. Plus it would be too loud for my apartment.

Real horn samples? I have Mojo Horns. It's great, but the things this plugin does to horn samples via effects and synthesis is fantastic. I'm loving the presets and they are tweakable. Everybody isn't a sound designer. I'm capable of minimal design, to a degree.
Old 7th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
Elaborate.

A real horn? I'm not a player. A real horn would serve me no purpose. Plus it would be too loud for my apartment.

Real horn samples? I have Mojo Horns. It's great, but the things this plugin does to horn samples via effects and synthesis is fantastic. I'm loving the presets and they are tweakable. Everybody isn't a sound designer. I'm capable of minimal design, to a degree.
How about a basic oberheim or DX horn. they can actually work pretty well
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAllianceEast! View Post
How about a basic oberheim or DX horn. they can actually work pretty well
But this is a plethora of pre-designed, tweakable sounds. It's inspiration heaven. lol.

I'm not great with altering a bread/butter sound into something exotic.
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

Check out Sonic Couture. They have fantastic Kontakt libraries created from multi-sampled, obscure instruments; both acoustic and electronic (and everything in-between). These are highly playable, customizable, realistic instruments—many of which have never been sampled before because of their rarity/obscurity.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search