The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD Plugins for Rap? Dynamics Plugins
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

UAD Plugins for Rap?

I'm getting the Apollo Twin Duo. I record a lot of hip hop and I was wondering if anybody out there has any suggestions on must have uad plugins. I make beats and mix them by myself. Anybody know what are the best UAD plugins for hip hop?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasdy View Post
I'm getting the Apollo Twin Duo. I record a lot of hip hop and I was wondering if anybody out there has any suggestions on must have uad plugins. I make beats and mix them by myself. Anybody know what are the best UAD plugins for hip hop?
There are no "best UAD (or any other brand) plugins for hip-hop", period. Sorry, that doesn't help, but it's the reality. Plugins generally are not genre-specific.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Yep. That is true,
@op...Some definite plugs for me are the 1176 and La2a collections, Dbx 160, Fairchild, Neve 1073 and Api 550a and 560 eq’s. Along with the Cambridge eq, which comes free, you’ll be good to go. Any genre.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Distressor.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Its trial and error to see what YOU like the best for YOUR tracks and what is best for YOUR personnel preferences
Old 13 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
Yep. That is true,
@op...Some definite plugs for me are the 1176 and La2a collections, Dbx 160, Fairchild, Neve 1073 and Api 550a and 560 eq’s. Along with the Cambridge eq, which comes free, you’ll be good to go. Any genre.
Don't forget the Voice of God. I'm pretty sure VOG is used on pretty much every major artists songs. It's staple 808/bass plugin for many of the top rap/hip hop engineers and even many pop engineers as well. Arguably the most used plugin for 808/bass all across the board when it comes to modern music low end bass stuff.
Old 7 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Focus on the compressors, then tape emulations.

In particular

Teletronix LA2A collection
1176 collection
Fairchild collection
Fatso
Distressor (haven't bought to review though)
Studer
Ampex.
Oxide.

Imo other stuff is great too but so is more native stuff.

The La2a emulations gets the most love. Such a smooth compressor. NI VC2A is good in the native front but UAD give you three emulations.

That said I'm considering selling my quad Apollo probably with the plugins (and I have alot), but I'm still weighing the pros and cons.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search