The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Asr 10: Using with scsi cf reader
Old 6th April 2019
Here for the gear

Asr 10: Using with scsi cf reader

One thing that annoys me about the compact flash reader is that when saving an instrument or bank I have to name everything! Honestly when I was using floppies I would just save as: inst 1-unnamed, inst 2-2nnamed, inst 3-3nnamed etc... can't do that with a cf everything needs a unique name. Maybe I just haven't messed with it enough yet and I'm jumping the gun with this complaint. Just sitting in front of my asr angry...
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

I'd seriously look into SCSI-2-SD. You can buy them already set up (albeit as external drives, and expensively!) from Chickensystems. Otherwise, you need to do some research and buy a v.5 or v.6 board and a 3D printed floppy-drive-compatible case to house it in. It can be a bit of a hassle to actually properly set up and get working depending upon the specific sampler (in fact, I'm not even certain it works with the ASR-10).

I do have SCSI2SD v.6 boards installed in both my Akai S1000 and S6000 and they work perfectly—essentially like saving and loading from an internal SCSI hard drive—no B.S. or hassle at all. On the other hand, I've spent months trying to get it to work with my EMU 6400 with no luck at all. Caveat emptor!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search