The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is their still a market for Instrumental Hip Hop music
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Is their still a market for Instrumental Hip Hop music

Hey guys! Just wanted some feedback on this topic.
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

For sure, I still hear lots of it on Spotify. Also, a large proportion of the tracks that get released on Bandcamp each day are still instrumental hip hop or similar so it seems to be as popular as ever as far as I can tell.

How it measures up against lyrical hip-hop and or other underground genres of a similar type i'm not sure, but I do know there a some very very popular 'chill hop/lofi hip hop' YT channels and Spotify playlists which are all instrumental.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfell View Post
For sure, I still hear lots of it on Spotify. Also, a large proportion of the tracks that get released on Bandcamp each day are still instrumental hip hop or similar so it seems to be as popular as ever as far as I can tell.

How it measures up against lyrical hip-hop and or other underground genres of a similar type i'm not sure, but I do know there a some very very popular 'chill hop/lofi hip hop' YT channels and Spotify playlists which are all instrumental.
Ok! Thanks for the feedback bro.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfell View Post

I agree - most stuff I've heard is jazz or lo-fi.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search