The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Who Mix Smif n Wessun - The All ?
Old 3rd April 2019
Who Mix Smif n Wessun - The All ?

So who's the mixing engineer on this album ?

And where was it mastered ?
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear

No idea, but just had to chime in and say that "Dah Shinin" is one of my all-time favorite records, ever (along with being one of the most influential for me, production-wise).

One of the greatest hip-hop duos in history. Mad respect.
Old 3rd April 2019
Dah Shinin is a great album but lyric wise, The All take it for me. I would really love to know who mix it.
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear

Really!? I suppose I'm just not a fan of 9th wonder's style. I REALLY miss Beatminerz early work—some of the most influential (for me), hardcore productions ever. And a perfect match for their M.C. style
Old 4th April 2019
Totaly agree with the production style. I love over distorted and squashed NY music like Preemo and Boot camp do it like you<d crush everything in a mpc60 input. But if we're talking straight lyrics, The All take it all for me. Those guys were basicly hanging with bums like I use too and now they realise all the dumb **** they did and they are striving for balance in life. Thats is a sign of maturity to me and they are really reflecting some of of my state of mind these days.

Mix wise, whoever mixed some of those records, they sound spacious and bangin at the same time. I bought the Wax when it came out and received it like 2-3 weeks ago and this thing is just next level for Boom bap production. Its clear and spacious for boom bap while keeping the grit.

Huge thumbs up for that album, its seriously on my top 3 with Jay Z 4:44 produced by NO I.D.

I think thats what 2019 Boom bap is suposed to sound like. Im very impressed by the judgement mix wise. It got it all to me.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Totaly agree with the production style. I love over distorted and squashed NY music like Preemo and Boot camp do it like you<d crush everything in a mpc60 input. But if we're talking straight lyrics, The All take it all for me. Those guys were basicly hanging with bums like I use too and now they realise all the dumb **** they did and they are striving for balance in life. Thats is a sign of maturity to me and they are really reflecting some of of my state of mind these days.

Mix wise, whoever mixed some of those records, they sound spacious and bangin at the same time. I bought the Wax when it came out and received it like 2-3 weeks ago and this thing is just next level for Boom bap production. Its clear and spacious for boom bap while keeping the grit.

Huge thumbs up for that album, its seriously on my top 3 with Jay Z 4:44 produced by NO I.D.

I think thats what 2019 Boom bap is suposed to sound like. Im very impressed by the judgement mix wise. It got it all to me.
dope! i totally understand where you're coming from; i need to give the record another listen.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search