The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How do I make this sound? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2nd April 2019
Here for the gear

How do I make this sound?

It starts at 0:26

YouTube
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear

It's a "tonewheel" organ, with fairly fast tremolo (or possibly just the "Leslie cabinet" modulating quickly, albeit in mono [generally speaking, the Leslie cabinet on an organ such as this pans back and forth—but if used in mono, it will simply sound like a tremolo effect]).

Arturia makes some decent tonewheel organs, but also the GSi VB3 is a fantastic emulation, and I believe it comes with an independent Leslie emulation VST effect as well.

dope track, by the way!

peace & good luck.
Old 3rd April 2019
Here for the gear

Thank you!

Love finding old stuff like this (although the view count suggests I certainly didn't find it). I will give this a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
It's a "tonewheel" organ, with fairly fast tremolo (or possibly just the "Leslie cabinet" modulating quickly, albeit in mono [generally speaking, the Leslie cabinet on an organ such as this pans back and forth—but if used in mono, it will simply sound like a tremolo effect]).

Arturia makes some decent tonewheel organs, but also the GSi VB3 is a fantastic emulation, and I believe it comes with an independent Leslie emulation VST effect as well.

dope track, by the way!

peace & good luck.
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofisohigh View Post
Thank you!

Love finding old stuff like this (although the view count suggests I certainly didn't find it). I will give this a shot.
Yeah, absolutely—I love finding obscure old records that inspire me to try or do new things! That's really what creativity is all about; assimilating disparate influences and combining and recontextualizing them into something new.
Old 3rd April 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
Yeah, absolutely—I love finding obscure old records that inspire me to try or do new things! That's really what creativity is all about; assimilating disparate influences and combining and recontextualizing them into something new.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search