The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maschine Expansion Packs - Opinions?
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Maschine Expansion Packs - Opinions?

Hey Guys,

I'd like to know your Opinions about the Sound Quality of Maschine 2 and all the Expansion Packs.

I have a few of them. But to me they often sounds either really flat or overprocessed or simply just the same. Do you think they're any good? I'm just wondering if top Producers like Timbo, Pharell, JD, Rodney, Scott etc. would use them for Productions. Any Ideas?
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Maniac

nobody? Really?
Old 26th March 2019
Here for the gear

i know exactly what you mean. the kits dont do the actual samples justice. they put so much processing on the kicks and snares that it makes them frequently sound underwhelming.

i get the most out of the exp packs by loading drum samples manually. the other type samples are fine to work with in the kits tho.
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Maniac

I like the kits the are open to your injects and tuning. They usually hide some socks samples behind preset loop settings. They work effortlessly and format well. And with the 25$ off they are a good value.
Old 27th March 2019
Here for the gear
I actually only use Maschine for the expasnsions/lib.
I think they are quite excellent, tho different packs can sound totally different. Some very (over) produced, some very clean.
Overall not much to complain about for $25, specially for hiphop.
Old 30th March 2019
Gear Maniac

ok so which Expansion Packs from NI other 3.Party are your Favorites here? I find the Goldbaby One's (not from NI) are really hig Quality! They really fits nice into a Mix.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search