The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Heat Up 3 vs Nexus
Old 11th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Heat Up 3 vs Nexus

Hey Guys,

I just downloaded a demo of heat Up 3 and was pretty happy with it for the price. I know it is very close to Nexus in design.

Does anybody have experience with both Heat up and Nexus where we can discuss sound quality, etc?

Thanks.
Old 7th September 2019
Here for the gear

I’m in the process of trying the demo and I’m noticing there is a big lag for Heatup. It is in my Daw or it may just be the app for Heatup. Nexus runs quite smooth though.
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Addict

I'm not seeing Heat Up in competition with Nexus, sound quality wise. I bought Heat up and I barely use it. I just don't get inspired by it. You see their videos like the guy walking real slow, and the dope beat, but the sounds, sound nothing like the video. I digress.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I like synapse dune 3 better than both of those
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
I like synapse dune 3 better than both of those
Well if you go that route Omnisphere 2.6 over all!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave east View Post
Well if you go that route Omnisphere 2.6 over all!
Omnisphere is too expensive,
slow browser,
cpu heavy,
and worst of all has that bug of parts not getting recalled when re-opening a project
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
slow browser,
cpu heavy,
and worst of all has that bug of parts not getting recalled when re-opening a project
I disagree with all accept CPU heavy.

Omnisphere you can get 5 easy payments like $ 78 dollars or something or 8 payments for cheap each month and have it in you possession.

Do you even know what offers? People pay thousands for a crappy keyboard and this does way more.

People need to get better computers!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
slow browser,
cpu heavy,
Lol

Pretty sure that’s copy protection. Let’s say a friend of mine happened to experience this, on account of Omnisphere having no demo. He bought O2 a couple weeks after release and never had a single further issue with patch recall.

I suspect if a $500 synth plug-in was frequently forgetting patch parameters on project load, people who paid the nearly $500 price would be raising hell
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzia View Post
Lol

Pretty sure that’s copy protection. Let’s say a friend of mine happened to experience this, on account of Omnisphere having no demo. He bought O2 a couple weeks after release and never had a single further issue with patch recall.

I suspect if a $500 synth plug-in was frequently forgetting patch parameters on project load, people who paid the nearly $500 price would be raising hell
LOL exactly they think bootleg copies should work flawlessly lol haaha lmao. Its $479 so if a person has a debit card or credit card they could get cheap monthly payments.
They say things like " it cost to much" like makes the product terrible.

Of course its CPU heavy its a powerful no joke synth. Dudes got crappy computers and think they should be able use anything.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzia View Post
Lol

It's not frequent issue but happens once every few months.
Everytime I contact spectrasonics support they recommended a process of deleting few files and reinstalling omnisphere.
But then it still keeps happening.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
It's not frequent issue but happens once every few months.
Everytime I contact spectrasonics support they recommended a process of deleting few files and reinstalling omnisphere.
But then it still keeps happening.
What keeps happening?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
slow browser,
cpu heavy,
I’ve had omnisphere since 1.0, none of this has ever happened or caused a problem. 500 isn’t much to invest, and if what read above is correct, there are payment plans now? Easy purchase if so.

Sorry to read you’ve had problems, though. What computer are you using and how old?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I still like synapse dune 3 the most
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Why do people keep saying Omnisphere 2.6 cost $500? It's actually $479, and you can go to various of stores that offer monthly small payment plans from 5 months to 8 months and you will have Omnisphere in your studio for $89 monthly depending on what store you go to. So it's not that much at all given what it offers. You get sounds from Hardware synths that are impossible in Dune! Andromeda, Virus, Lots of Roland keyboards etc. It's the best synth out!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search