The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What is this sound?
Old 16th February 2019
Here for the gear

What is this sound?

There is a sound that is mainly used as a snare form what I've heard but I would love to know what it is. It sounds like this blip kind of noise in Get On Your Knees by Nicki Minaj and it's also used in You Should Be Here by Kehlani.

In Get On Your Knees, (Can be found through this link YouTube) It starts around 7 seconds in and continues throughout the rest of the song.

In You Should Be Here, (Can be found through this link YouTube) It starts around 20 seconds in and is used as a sort of percussion/snare for the beginning of the song.

I'm just very curious as to what this noise is and if there's anywhere I can download it.
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Nut

It sounds like a synth pluck sound with a bit of reverb. You should be able to achieve that with a soft synth with minimal tweaking. What are you using at the moment ?
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

sounds to me like a sample of a woodblock from an old drum machine, or something similar...
Old 9th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
It sounds like a synth pluck sound with a bit of reverb. You should be able to achieve that with a soft synth with minimal tweaking. What are you using at the moment ?
I'm currently just Using Fl Studio
Old 9th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
sounds to me like a sample of a woodblock from an old drum machine, or something similar...
I'll see what I can find.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search