The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SCORCCiO Sample Issues
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

SCORCCiO Sample Issues

Hello all,

New to the forums and was curious if anyone has done business with Scorccio and if so did they run into any problems with them? They promised a 14 day turnaround and am now approaching close to Two months. I have to constantly ask for updates and feel as if I'm getting the runaround.

I've looked around for other sample recreation services as well such as soundbetter and replay heaven. Soundbetter was a mixed bag of results and Replay Heaven doesn't seem to respond to emails sent to their info email. Any suggestions or alternatives? Thanks guys!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Don’t use these guys. I’ve had MAJOR issues with them in the past and the samples they finally delivered was absolutely AWFUL. They took ages, never responded and were genuinely a total waste of time, energy and money. Don’t use them!!!!!

I also asked for a refund of which they gave me 20%. I had to ask for months for them to pay it. In the end, after no reply I threatened I would go public with the story. They paid straight away.

Even the part refund was not enough but I accepted so I could be done with him.

Useless!! Never use them!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yes, I've also had major issues with Scorccio in the past. Only after I'd considered legal action did I get my replay back after several months. The replay wasn't even that good and I heard artifacts on certain tracks which I suspect came from some sort of stem separation algorithm. I do not trust Mark Summers.

Live and learn. You get what you pay for. I DO NOT recommend them.

I've had great success with Replay Heaven.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Update: Scorccio Issues

So after emailing them that I'd be requesting a full refund, they sent an mp3 file.

- I asked for the sample not to have drums, it has drums.
- I asked that the vocal sample not be present, but you can hear it still present in the file. If this is a sample recreation why can I still hear it?
- The string section which according to them was taking up the most time sounds like a VST string played over the original sample.
- No Stems sent.

In short, I've asked for a full refund and will be escalating this matter with Paypal. Wish me luck guys.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through this too. I’m sure there are others also. Will spread the word about how useless they are as much as possible.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Update on Scorccio:

The request for a refund has been denied and the situation has been escalated to Paypal. They are stating my claim of the replay being inferior is baseless and I am contradicting myself in my claims. I'll keep you updated on this nightmare scenario. Just for some clarification on what I'm dealing with:

I paid them on October 12th, I got the "sample recreation" on December 12th.

They only responded once I asked for a refund and it was a sub-standard recreation, to say the least.

fingers crossed I can get back at least some money. Not looking good though.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I wish you the best of luck with PayPal. Your scenario sounds nearly identical to the one that I experienced years ago. I could also hear artifacts on my sample "replay" stems that came from the original sample. I suspect that only a few of the tracks were actually replayed. The drums were good and the vocalists were meh, but I'd bet money that the rest of tracks were filtered from the original sample. I could have done that myself with Izotope RX. I'm gonna PM you.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

I spent nearly a grand getting some samples back that literally didn’t sound like the ones I needed. Genuinely awful company. Have learnt my lesson and will warn everyone I know.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search