The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maschine Users...have you heard anything about Maschine 3.0? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 12th October 2018
Maschine Users...have you heard anything about Maschine 3.0?

Man guys, I love my maschine but I was hoping for a software update that addresses a few things with in the Maschine and Kontrol-S eco system. Can't use Kontrol keyboards with full integration in FL studio / Reason / Pro Tools...but it does work great in Logic Pro X and Cubase.

Anyone know anything or any work arounds?
Old 13th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Beats View Post
Man guys, I love my maschine but I was hoping for a software update that addresses a few things with in the Maschine and Kontrol-S eco system. Can't use Kontrol keyboards with full integration in FL studio / Reason / Pro Tools...but it does work great in Logic Pro X and Cubase.

Anyone know anything or any work arounds?
The Mk2 KK keyboard integrates with Live pretty well as well. There are no workarounds for unsupported DAWs unfortunately. Hopefully in time support is added but I wouldn't hold your breath.

What other issues do you have with the Maschine/Kontrol system?
Old 19th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Maschine hasn't been updating as much. I guess that Komplete 12 is out they can focus back on Maschine
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtunez View Post
Maschine hasn't been updating as much. I guess that Komplete 12 is out they can focus back on Maschine
This actually made me belly laugh
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Head

They don't have to do much just return things to being simple like letting push the button that says quantize to actually quantize . Throw in some edit options I miss from damn near every mpc out and we are Gucci
Old 25th October 2018
Lives for gear

is 'being Gucci' a good thing?
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

I guess it beats being Old Navy.
Old 27th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ T Havoc View Post
They don't have to do much just return things to being simple like letting push the button that says quantize to actually quantize . Throw in some edit options I miss from damn near every mpc out and we are Gucci
No issue with the quantize/50% quantize buttons here.
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfell View Post
No issue with the quantize/50% quantize buttons here.
I'm talking about having to press shift+grid to turn on quantize then then grid to set quantize I should be able to do everything by just pushing quantize. That's just one of the crazy things you got to do to get too something that should be on button press and the button pressed should have open the options for what you want to do like the MPC2k 3k etc.... NI seems to be going Yamaha sampler for the interface slowly but surely
Old 3rd November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ T Havoc View Post
Maschine is light years better than any standalone MPC when speaking editing and browser usage.

I like MPC though but I dont like the cost that they come with for basically a round about empty DAW. If you have been using and collecting your MPC library for years is the only way they are Beast mode. To me.
Old 4th November 2018
I like the older Maschine 2 workflow over the studio. Hope the Mk3 fixed things

Menu diving and unintuitive changes Made the studio confusing to use.

I’d really like an mk4 version that integrates better with DAWS and offers better control of automation from the hardware.
Old 4th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
I like the older Maschine 2 workflow over the studio. Hope the Mk3 fixed things

Menu diving and unintuitive changes Made the studio confusing to use.

I’d really like an mk4 version that integrates better with DAWS and offers better control of automation from the hardware.
Oh yeah the Mk3 is much better workflow wise with all the new buttons. There is very very little menu diving now.

What kind of DAW automation would you like? I can't think of anything it needs personally. Everything can be routed out, scenes can be triggered by your DAW, or the DAW can send MIDI to any track etc, or Machine can drag and drop it's MIDI out to a DAW.

As for automation control from the hardware. It couldn't be easier on the Mk3. There's a dedicated button you just hold or latch and then you tweak away. It can also be set to always write when you touch the pots, which are now touch sensitive.
Old 4th November 2018
Quote:
Oh yeah the Mk3 is much better workflow wise with all the new buttons. There is very very little menu diving now.

What kind of DAW automation would you like? I can't think of anything it needs personally. Everything can be routed out, scenes can be triggered by your DAW, or the DAW can send MIDI to any track etc, or Machine can drag and drop it's MIDI out to a DAW.

As for automation control from the hardware. It couldn't be easier on the Mk3. There's a dedicated button you just hold or latch and then you tweak away. It can also be set to always write when you touch the pots, which are now touch sensitive.
The mk2 works the same way. I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see and edit multiple lanes of parameter automation more easily from the hardware. That has always been a PITA for me with most grooveboxes.

The new Moog one synth seems to have something similar to what I’m asking. It’s probably too hard to implement with the current hardware layout on Machine. The Elektron stuff also has a way to quickly see automated parameters per step and also edit them (as well as the curve of the automation).

I’m really just nitpicking tho.
Old 4th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
The mk2 works the same way. I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see and edit multiple lanes of parameter automation more easily from the hardware. That has always been a PITA for me with most grooveboxes.

The new Moog one synth seems to have something similar to what I’m asking. It’s probably too hard to implement with the current hardware layout on Machine. The Elektron stuff also has a way to quickly see automated parameters per step and also edit them (as well as the curve of the automation).

I’m really just nitpicking tho.
Ah right yeah seeing the automation lanes and editing. Yeah i'm not sure we'll ever see that in Maschine.

That said, there are things such as the 'song layer' in development, so who knows what other layers they might add.
Old 5th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Ah right yeah seeing the automation lanes and editing. Yeah i'm not sure we'll ever see that in Maschine.

That said, there are things such as the 'song layer' in development, so who knows what other layers they might add.
Animation shows up at the bottom of the screen
Old 5th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaceless View Post
Animation shows up at the bottom of the screen
You mean automation I assume? Of course it's at the bottom, but it was being able to see more than one automation track at once that we were talking about.
Old 7th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Beta forum says song layer is cancelled
Old 10th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Beta forum says song layer is cancelled
Do you have a link to an NI source saying that?

I'm in the beta, and haven't heard that's the case. All I heard was that there were some other areas that had been prioritised.
Old 10th November 2018
I’d also like to see Maschine implement some of the sample, layering, humanization and midi animation effects from battery.

It sucks that my usual Maschine workflow involves opening battery to load samples THE INSTANT I open
Maschine.

Does anyone else find it weird that battery is so much more advanced for editing and making kits?

Jeez NI... just combine the two already.
Old 10th November 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaceless View Post
Maschine is light years better than any standalone MPC when speaking editing and browser usage.

I like MPC though but I dont like the cost that they come with for basically a round about empty DAW. If you have been using and collecting your MPC library for years is the only way they are Beast mode. To me.
I agree Maschine has a leg up on many of the MPCs Being it's a full sampler itb it replaced my eps classic ( not really I do fire that up for fun ) I'm just saying they made some things counter intuitive with some of the updates or the updates were half baked ( ie the loop strecthing feature even though I don't use it it would be good not to have to go to Ableton ACID or fire up a vp9000 for the crazy stuff I do when I do use things like that ) They seem to have the Roland syndrome going on where they half assed alot lately. As far as having a library for the MPC It only took me prob under 6 most to develop my 80 gig library I have now on all my HDs ( I keep backing up) It's waay more convienient pushing a button and loading on the fly as opposed to having to use fl connected digitally to my old mp2k classic having to stop the beat after I got the sound matched and then stopping for 15+ or- some secs to truncate
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search