The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Poll: What DAW do you use? DAW Software
View Poll Results: What DAW do you use? Hip Hop edition.
Logic
6 Votes - 13.64%
Ableton
9 Votes - 20.45%
Cubase
3 Votes - 6.82%
Studio One
7 Votes - 15.91%
FL Studio
2 Votes - 4.55%
Reaper
7 Votes - 15.91%
Reason
2 Votes - 4.55%
ProTools
14 Votes - 31.82%
Bitwig
1 Votes - 2.27%
GarageBand
1 Votes - 2.27%
Cakewalk
0 Votes - 0%
Digital Performer
3 Votes - 6.82%
Other
8 Votes - 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Poll: What DAW do you use?

What's good?

I like looking at these gearslutz polls to see what other people do and use to create their music. I did not find a big poll in the hip hop subforum which is why I decided to create one.

It's not the tools but the carpenter ... but some tools just work better for certain things.

Purpose of the poll is not finding the "best" DAW.

It's just for statistical purposes, sharing knowledge and experience you have with DAWs.

It would be dope if you could comment below what license you have (Intro, Standard, Pro etc.) if your DAW happens to have different versions and why you chose your DAW.

PS: I selected the option "multiple choices" for the poll, meaning if you use multiple DAWs you can select them. But if you use like 4 at a time it makes sense to just select your main workhorse.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I know it's not officially a DAW, but i'm using Maschine for just about everything these days.

I occasionally use Live 10 and or Cubase 9.5 if I want to do anything I can't do in Maschine though.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Ableton Live for my own music + client mastering.
Pro Tools for client mixing.
Old 6 days ago
Nuendo 3.5 wich still supports the Linear Time Stamping feature in combination with my Midex 8x8 for rock solid MIDI, running on a P4 XP machine wich has never seen the internet (and therefor is still booting / working as fast and fluid as day 1)

Running steady like a clock, never felt the need to upgrade as I don't use plugins, I only need a rock steady sequencer / high quality low latency recorder and it's been doing exactly that for over a decade now.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Harrison Mixbus32C
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict
OpenMPT Tacker for beatmaking
Reaper for recordings and mixing

peace

BTW I just saw that Tracktion 7 is freeware now.

Many PT users here...
I'm not a pro but I still know how to use my tools

Last edited by peterpiper0815; 5 days ago at 01:05 PM..
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut
Pro Tools

T
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

PT HDX
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Studio One for everything.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

reason since version 2. the virtual rack taught me a lot of what I know about processing chains and mixing overall. contrary to some arguments I believe it has a "sound" that I've grown to love, especially now with the ssl
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiper0815 View Post
OpenMPT Tacker for beatmaking
Wow, oldschool!!
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Mpc Software + Mixbus.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
Wow, oldschool!!
well the last update is from the 28th july this year so.....
This software is exactly what I need to make the music I like (kind of 90s hiphop beats).
just like the SP1200 or the s950 one channel can only play one sample at a time (thats how trackers work). Then I choose "no interpolation" or "linear" as the resampling mode = Instant lofi sound especially when the sample is played at lowe keys. I don't need a midi device cause I can play the notes via PC keyboard. I can amplify samples to hell without digital clipping but rather limiting and kind of "nice distortion". I can choose the ticks per row which is like choosing the ppq of the sequencer.
But it also got 128 channels and VST support etc.

peace

see it in action?
if you don't like to listen to the samples head to 2:50
Welcome to the terrordome

Don't sweat the technique
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiper0815 View Post
well the last update is from the 28th july this year so.....
This software is exactly what I need to make the music I like (kind of 90s hiphop beats).
just like the SP1200 or the s950 one channel can only play one sample at a time (thats how trackers work). Then I choose "no interpolation" or "linear" as the resampling mode = Instant lofi sound especially when the sample is played at lowe keys. I don't need a midi device cause I can play the notes via PC keyboard. I can amplify samples to hell without digital clipping but rather limiting and kind of "nice distortion". I can choose the ticks per row which is like choosing the ppq of the sequencer.
But it also got 128 channels and VST support etc.

peace
Yeah, a number of the artists I came up with in the early 2000's used various trackers to produce their early albums and were part of the old school 'demo scene'. A few of them actually still use trackers to this day.
Old 3 hours ago
I use sony acid pro 7 for making beats and Reaper for recording and mixing.

Last edited by j.hexx; 3 hours ago at 05:48 AM.. Reason: Edit a sentence
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search