The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N.E.R.D. Lemon Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

N.E.R.D. Lemon

curious who mixed this?

the 808 is crazily present. yet to load it in to the sequencer and have a look at where the energy might be.. interested if anyone has any insight to personnel or production.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
I think Pharrell's secret is he actually uses an 808 Tom, and pitches it down to sound like the regular 808. During Rihanna's verse when it dips even lower, notice there is no "click' like a typical regular 808 BD?
Old 2 weeks ago
yes i noticed this years ago on the song California Roll by Snoop Dogg. he's been using that trick for a long time. but i think he also uses the same engineers too, one of them is Leslie Brathwaite, who also mixed Happy. check out his interview with Dave Pensado!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Dope song
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godson View Post
yes i noticed this years ago on the song California Roll by Snoop Dogg. he's been using that trick for a long time. but i think he also uses the same engineers too, one of them is Leslie Brathwaite, who also mixed Happy. check out his interview with Dave Pensado!
yep I bet it was mixed by Leslie, although I really don't know for sure
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I’m probably the biggest Neptunes fan on the planet, but I feel like Like their sound selection is not as innovative as their compositions anymore. I liked it when Pharrell was composing on a keyboard. I know he uses logic now, and It’s an undeniable logic sound. Somebody should put them on ableton
Old 1 week ago
i can see that...
they should use FL Studio
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I see where N.E.R.D moved to a straight electronic sound now or ever since that NOTHING album. I hope the album is good. Imma fan, but I hope it’s good. The melodies Pharrell usually comes with are pretty dope anyways.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It was mixed very well and the production is on point. I just hope this newer generation appreciates it according to Billboard and it starts moving towards the Top #10 of the charts soon enough.! It Peaked so far at #26 now at #31 but IMO it sounds better then 5 songs in the Top 10 already..
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
I’m probably the biggest Neptunes fan on the planet, but I feel like Like their sound selection is not as innovative as their compositions anymore. I liked it when Pharrell was composing on a keyboard. I know he uses logic now, and It’s an undeniable logic sound. Somebody should put them on ableton
You mean Chad
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
You mean Chad
No, I didn’t stutter. Regardless of who uploaded the ASR10 or 01/w I still like that era. Theres like 2% of the Uber chad stans on that trolling nonesense and don’t know what you’re talking about. Chad is a dope producer and an integral part of the Neptune sound period, there are some songs that I know chad produced, but y’all be on some disrespectful tip to Pharrell and chad. Nerd/Neptune’s produce all nerd stuff, and in the earlier days it was a collaboration with the band Spymob after the guys produce it. It’s all a process, and if you aren’t familiar with the recording process stop trolling. That kinda itching to stand out behavior kills careers and thank did they were so humble
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

How is that trolling my man? Because its very well known that chad was the architect of that duo? P added his sprinkles but Chad was the main producer, since im sure you follow social media you think you have a leg up on information. Im old school, read the credits on who was the keyboard player on most of those tracks young man and get back to me.
Old 5 days ago
Chad was the main instrumentalist, it's a fact. You can even see him playing the keyboard on in the documentary.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

It’s like a curse being in a duo for anything. People can’t help but to play each guy against each other. It’s a group effort. I’m in a production duo myself and I don’t always come up with the arrangement. I might just mix it how I want the song to sound. I’m still one of the producers. I might just add the drum track or a bass line and transition effects. Guest what. I’m still part of that production process.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

who really cares, its about the sound of this record!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
How is that trolling my man? Because its very well known that chad was the architect of that duo? P added his sprinkles but Chad was the main producer, since im sure you follow social media you think you have a leg up on information. Im old school, read the credits on who was the keyboard player on most of those tracks young man and get back to me.
I think we forget a lot about what music production is. I’m old school myself and have read articles about how they work. And Chad himself said Pharrell will start from anywhere. And he’ll add to what he’s got already. Does it matter tho, if they’re a duo? No sir! Production has many different parts. First, you have to have a song to produce. And that’s Pharrell’s ballpark. Chad is a genius in his own right right. You can tell when Pharrell does a whole song by himself. If y’all can’t, I can. Lol. But it’s production.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search