The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Mpc X

These images popped up over at Mpc forums of the Mpc X they look pretty legit
Attached Thumbnails
Mpc X-image.jpeg   Mpc X-image.jpeg  
Old 28th December 2016
And what are they claiming this one brings as a miracle?
Is this the long dreaming MPC Unit that is supposed to run on a standard OS to run plugs etc....for true stand alone operation?
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah that thing looks Godly !!!!
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drethe5th View Post
And what are they claiming this one brings as a miracle?
Is this the long dreaming MPC Unit that is supposed to run on a standard OS to run plugs etc....for true stand alone operation?
Yes
Not sure if it will run vst in standalone as I've heard it will run Linux ,but I think it will also act as a controller when connected to a CPU , there's not much info just these two photos and it's on the fcc website for testing
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Yea i'd much rather have this than my Apollo 8 quad/macbook pro/Ableton and Push 2.. Where do I sign up? *Extreme Sarcasm*

I can run plugins on it? Thats amazing.. *More sarcasm*

lol
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
These images popped up over at Mpc forums of the Mpc X they look pretty legit
Its about time you started a thread you MPC X trouble maker lol
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yeah that thing looks Godly !!!!
I can't agree with more! It looks like it has touch screen too. I wanna read the specs
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

I'm not interested in it unless they brought back roger linn lol. Seriously i would like them to make this sound like the 3000 except with more up to date features. Don't want no emulations want that real sound and swing. But this looks ok kinda like the 5000/Ren. I'm just fully insteaded in new mpcs unless Roger linn comes back.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Yea i'd much rather have this than my Apollo 8 quad/macbook pro/Ableton and Push 2.. Where do I sign up? *Extreme Sarcasm*

lol
I've got all of those (iMac instead of MBP), MPC60, MPC Touch, SP 1200...and I still want it. LoL.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

@Aldred411 do you work for Akai?
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
@Aldred411 do you work for Akai?
What he posted has been floating around on MPC forum for a while now.
Old 29th December 2016
Quote:

lol
pretty much how i feel. i used to ride for mpc's, but the magic is lost now with midi controllers and software bringing so much power to your fingertips.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by descry View Post
pretty much how i feel. i used to ride for mpc's, but the magic is lost now with midi controllers and software bringing so much power to your fingertips.
Exactly. I don't understand how or why anyone would want to pay upwards of $2k possibly for something they can do right now lol.

Mpcs were amazing when they first came to market but now a standalone mpc makes zero sense imo.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
I've got all of those (iMac instead of MBP), MPC60, MPC Touch, SP 1200...and I still want it. LoL.
I too am a former mpc user (3k, 2kxl, 4K etc).. may I ask why?
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I too am a former mpc user (3k, 2kxl, 4K etc).. may I ask why?
Why I lust for the new one?
I like new products that inspire me.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Exactly. I don't understand how or why anyone would want to pay upwards of $2k possibly for something they can do right now lol.

Mpcs were amazing when they first came to market but now a standalone mpc makes zero sense imo.
Standalone makes sense for people who are tired of starring at daws all day and now have to stare at the screen longer to chop and edit samples. desktop may be faster but it sure isnt as inspiring, even with all the controllers being made for it today.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

@LuXx how did you like the 2KXL? I own one and can't wait to learn how it works as I have no prior experience.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

Why? The same reason someone with serious dough goes out and buys a car for over a million dollars that they can't even drive outside of a race track... because they can, and they can afford to buy things for no reason other than personal enjoyment. At this point something like the MPC X can be considered a luxury production item, but regardless, you can be sure that thing will sell out the moment it's released. People enjoy getting their hands on the newest gadgets, especially when there has been a lot of buzz behind it.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
@LuXx how did you like the 2KXL? I own one and can't wait to learn how it works as I have no prior experience.
I enjoyed it when I owned it. Had one with all the usual suspect keyboards and modules at the time (triton/motif/fantom etc). Didnt like the limited 2 midi outs but blah you learn to work around it.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Why? The same reason someone with serious dough goes out and buys a car for over a million dollars that they can't even drive outside of a race track... because they can, and they can afford to buy things for no reason other than personal enjoyment. At this point something like the MPC X can be considered a luxury production item, but regardless, you can be sure that thing will sell out the moment it's released. People enjoy getting their hands on the newest gadgets, especially when there has been a lot of buzz behind it.
When buying a million dollar car, youre buying into not just luxury but exclusivity, you make the purchase as a toy to enjoy if and when you are able. When purchasing a piece of equipment for working (this could be an mpc or a cannon camera or maybe a carpenter saw), you buy into not just the product but also what it can do for you. Now, the question is, what can it do for you that you are unable to already do?

That being said, the answer is nothing.

I am far from an akai hater lol, I am, however, someone that dislikes a company that releases products based solely on a client's perception of that product, then drops it or leaves it with bugs and unfulfilled promises (not speaking only about akai here).

When I mention "client perception" I am talking about those that see a standalone mpc and say "omg I can do this or that now wow ahhh! Its only $2500" lol.

Im sure they will sell a ton, however, Ill place a bet with anyone for anything that months after they sell that ton, these forums will be riddled with complaints.. Any takers?

Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Standalone makes sense for people who are tired of starring at daws all day and now have to stare at the screen longer to chop and edit samples. desktop may be faster but it sure isnt as inspiring, even with all the controllers being made for it today.
Starring at my daw on a 65" 4k wall mounted screen or a 15" retina display is far more pleasurable than an 11" (safe assumption) 2007 level hd quality display imo (again a safe assumption).

these are all just my opinion.. What the hell do I know lol

Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

I just dont like how cheap the mpc's look now. my mpc 2000xl is build like a tank. seriously it could be used as weapon. I love the build quality of the older models. if they can get that roger linn feel, swing, sound back i'd buy into it. now its Numark quality and i'll pass. I'll use my current mpc's for now. I need to re-buy a 4000.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I'm not interested in it unless they brought back roger linn lol. Seriously i would like them to make this sound like the 3000 except with more up to date features. Don't want no emulations want that real sound and swing. But this looks ok kinda like the 5000/Ren. I'm just fully insteaded in new mpcs unless Roger linn comes back.
You do know R Linn came out with some new joints right? Get one of those instead. They been out a few years now.

It probably will have that off the 60, 60 II, and 3000. The MPC 2000xl had it and it went from +4 & +12 db hot. I freakin love that thing. I am so glad I waited
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

he came out with linn instruments...nothing but controllers. he been advertising that damn roger linn drum machine for 65 years now, that concept gots grey hairs and comes with metamucil. doubt it will ever come out. but who wants a roger linn controller? i mean i want that sound and that sequencer from the golden mpc days. ol well my 2000xl will do me good.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
You do know R Linn came out with some new joints right? Get one of those instead. They been out a few years now.

It probably will have that off the 60, 60 II, and 3000. The MPC 2000xl had it and it went from +4 & +12 db hot. I freakin love that thing. I am so glad I waited
Im curious, what do you feel you will gain with a stand alone mpc?

Just a question.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

for me its those converters the mpc is known for. it had a certain sound that made the beats bang. plus no program i found had a groove like the mpc did. it just felt different on that grid then it does with FL Studio. now i wont buy any of this new numark mpc versions maybe just a controller to use with their software as i did like their software when i had their ren.
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im curious, what do you feel you will gain with a stand alone mpc?

Just a question.
Here's my answer hope you understand.

I want the stand alone just like when I had the , the drum programming was dead on. When I use Reason or Studio One, some of the midi hits don't be on and then you have to "Quantize" I don't want to go through that anymore, when you use a stand alone the flipping of the drum pattern is rock solid than on a PC. When putting in patterns the stand alone doesn't mess up even if Im off a hair it falls into place.

Also when I do stab type sounds they will be dead on also instead of banging on my Keyboard. A keyboard was made to play keys not to bang on it. That's what the pads on the MPC is for. Stand alone is an individual entity that moves on its own without the help of a PC which is way better for me.

The feel also is dope and I love the way it feels.

Also the coverters are different than that of a PC. A lot of us love that hands on feel, analog wise.

Plus its sexy lol can't forget that.

I gain working faster!

Last edited by danoc; 30th December 2016 at 03:33 AM..
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
for me its those converters the mpc is known for. it had a certain sound that made the beats bang. plus no program i found had a groove like the mpc did. it just felt different on that grid..
Amen to that!
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Here's my answer hope you understand.

I want the stand alone just like when I had the , the drum programming was dead on. When I use Reason or Studio One, some of the midi hits don't be on and then you have to "Quantize" I don't want to go through that anymore, when you use a stand alone the flipping of the drum pattern is rock solid than on a PC. When putting in patterns the stand alone doesn't mess up even if Im off a hair it falls into place.

Also when I do stab type sounds they will be dead on also instead of banging on my Keyboard. A keyboard was made to play keys not to bang on it. That's what the pads on the MPC is for. Stand alone is an individual entity that moves on its own without the help of a PC which is way better for me.

The feel also is dope and I love the way it feels.

Also the coverters are different than that of a PC. A lot of us love that hands on feel, analog wise.

Plus its sexy lol can't forget that.

I gain working faster!

See People get the "timing of hardware drum machines" confused with "buffer latency", however in the past number of years (more than a dozen I'd say) that hasn't really been an issue with the performance of modern daws/newer connection protocols etc. There is no reason you should be experiencing issues when playing notes/drum hits in unless you have your buffer set very high for some reason (try 128 or 64).

you couldn't pay me to use any converter Akai will put in their macs over what I am already using personally.

Looks are something that is subjective so I understand if you like the way it looks, performance though, however, is something entirely different. For the price of one of these new Mpcs (this is 100% an assumption as I do not know the cost), you could purchase a very powerful computer to do everything the mlc can do times a million. This is my point, thats all.
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
See People get the "timing of hardware drum machines" confused with "buffer latency", however in the past number of years (more than a dozen I'd say) that hasn't really been an issue with the performance of modern daws/newer connection protocols etc. There is no reason you should be experiencing issues when playing notes/drum hits in unless you have your buffer set very high for some reason (try 128 or 64).

you couldn't pay me to use any converter Akai will put in their macs over what I am already using personally.

Looks are something that is subjective so I understand if you like the way it looks, performance though, however, is something entirely different. For the price of one of these new Mpcs (this is 100% an assumption as I do not know the cost), you could purchase a very powerful computer to do everything the mlc can do times a million. This is my point, thats all.
I am well aware of the buffer latency whether 64, 128, 256, and 1024 with absolute facts that can't beat the MPCs handle of its stand alone hardware. Its tigher than a PC im sorry its just is . the MPC handles complex drum patterns more. I can just make it and be done. PC you gotta have the quantize on then cut if etc Im sick of that. You need to understand that if I say i didn't have a problem with the MPC on thus issue but I do with the PC then yoy should let that go. What's important to me is not to you. When I produce my mind state needs to be at so I can do great music not worry about some grid. If that piece of equipment helps me stay focus you can't even put a price tag on that dude.

When i didn't use the computer and used the MPC I zoned out and rocked!

Eye candy of equipment gives mental stimulation and inspires an individual. You're looking at it from a physical point im looking at it from a mental point to connect spiritually and merge yo a physical.
These companies have studied and asked users what they wanted and most want eye candy.
Would you want a busted looking chick? I and others want something to look good and functions just as better.

Lastly with the MPC you don't have to deal with any latency issues and you don't have to switch the buffer size period.

MPC has the tightest time lock period.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search