The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Man that whole Sound Toys bundle is Overdope and a must have! Just with Echoboy and Decapitator you'll never need another Delay or Saturation plug again,EVER!!!!!! And all the jr/lil plugs are very useful(echoboy jr, almost better than it's big bro)& the new Sie-q eq is nice as well,being a bundle owner all the little plugs come free or very cheap
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

As we dont have any specs from the official channels it might be that the MPCX is not a standalone but an controller. It won't bother me as long as 2.0 is a full fledged daw.

But the reason i'm saying this is:

1) The FCC entry for the MPC Live is named: 'Stand-alone MPC touch display'
2) The MPC entry for the X is named: 'MPC with TOUCH display'

Also in this new video they keep talking about how great it would be 'Live' , 'Live' , 'Live'.

Well my studio is the only place I produce my music so I don't really need it to be standalone. If it would just be a Ren type of MPC with a big touchscreen I'm all good and it might safe me some $$$$.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
As we dont have any specs from the official channels it might be that the MPCX is not a standalone but an controller. It won't bother me as long as 2.0 is a full fledged daw.

Also in this new video they keep talking about how great it would be 'Live' , 'Live' , 'Live'.

Well my studio is the only place I produce my music so I don't really need it to be standalone. If it would just be a Ren type of MPC with a big touchscreen I'm all good and it might safe me some $$$$.
I really really hope not, @danoc would go ape **** lol
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

So the controller costs more than twice the price of the standalone? That would be really stupid if it is true.
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1 View Post
So the controller costs more than twice the price of the standalone? That would be really stupid if it is true.
We don't know any prices at the moment. All mentioned prices are still rumors.
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yes I know. It would have been better if the FCC leak of the MPCX would also show some specs. but after they flawed with the MPC LIVE leak they took precaution and classified that info.

A Renaissance type of Standalone MPC with a big screen would be the 'Real Return Of The King'. And it could be the MPCX but there is just too little information.

We need more leaks..
Old 6th January 2017
I highly doubt the X is just a controller. It'd be foolish to put such a large screen on something when you'd be sitting right in front of your computer. There's only one reason that you give an MPC that big of a screen- it's meant to be used without a computer. But hey, this is Nukai, and their decision-making is always suspect. LOL
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes I know. It would have been better if the FCC leak of the MPCX would also show some specs. but after they flawed with the MPC LIVE leak they took precaution and classified that info.

A Renaissance type of Standalone MPC with a big screen would be the 'Real Return Of The King'. And it could be the MPCX but there is just too little information.

We need more leaks..
You know it's standalone when it's got an sd card slot
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
True enough..
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ape? Nah PLANET OF THE DAM APES!!!!!!!
Oh gosh Smack you have officially made me the poster child lol haahaaaha lmao
lol
Why on earth would Akai come with a bigger MPC touch? Nah its stand alone. But if you want to use the computer you can with the software. The X has two inputs for monitors and you can connect a turn table to it. That's for sampling. With that alone smells like stand alone to me. That just can't be a controller.

If it was not stand alone Akai would lose me.

Last edited by danoc; 6th January 2017 at 04:26 PM..
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
Exactly! !!!!!!
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Thinking back to the MP days it's seems like I got more beats done, while I do appreciate having a gazillion presets at hand and a bunch of efx,comps,etc it sometimes leads to a lot of unfinished tracks or endless noodling, the workflow of the MP and a few modules was fast, just really hated tracking out but if it can truly just hook up to the MPC software and then drag and drop to Ableton/Logic well that does give me something to think about... Knowing Akai it will probably come half baked and take them another 5 to 6 months to iron out the bugs, but I will say it is something about just setting in front of the MP and going to work, it does put you in a zone!
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Nut

It's not much, but here is a tiny glimpse of the MPC Live in the Akai vid....
Mpc X-akai-mpc-live.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Mpc X-akai-mpc-live.jpg  
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man that whole Sound Toys bundle is Overdope and a must have! Just with Echoboy and Decapitator you'll never need another Delay or Saturation plug again,EVER!!!!!! And all the jr/lil plugs are very useful(echoboy jr, almost better than it's big bro)& the new Sie-q eq is nice as well,being a bundle owner all the little plugs come free or very cheap
ON the real I would have the whole Sound Toys bundle man they wanted me to pay full price for the upgrade. I was like nah. they should of given an upgrade lower price like everyone else does with their products I already had the bundle. At some point gotta take a stand against crap. Though their stuff is hot can't front. That dam phase mistress is dope!
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

hahahaaaah ctfu lol Yo I see MPC Rens on sale for $750 is the highest lol wait for it, waaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiittttttttt for it LOL
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

I got a big question for you guys, this will let me see where your MPC alliance is LOL hahahah

If You were told you could have only one thing between these two, the MPC X or Paloma Ford which one would you pick? HMMMMMMMMMMMM lol
Let me be the first to say THE MPCX! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Mpc X-paloma-ford-3.png  
Old 6th January 2017
mp3
Lives for gear

You buggin
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
You buggin
LOL hahahahah ctfu lol he said I'm buggin lol hahahahahh

Man I can get the MPCX then the women will follow after the hits, think man think lol hahahahahah

Man your alliance with the MPC is shot!!!!!
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
ON the real I would have the whole Sound Toys bundle man they wanted me to pay full price for the upgrade. I was like nah. they should of given an upgrade lower price like everyone else does with their products I already had the bundle. At some point gotta take a stand against crap. Though their stuff is hot can't front. That dam phase mistress is dope!
Pay full price for an upgrade? That doesn't sound right, did you talk with someone @ Soundtoys... I had it since V4 and upgrading to V5 was free... The bundle does come up over @ kvraudio classifieds all the time for about $300.00
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thinking back to the MP days it's seems like I got more beats done, while I do appreciate having a gazillion presets at hand and a bunch of efx,comps,etc it sometimes leads to a lot of unfinished tracks or endless noodling, the workflow of the MP and a few modules was fast, just really hated tracking out but if it can truly just hook up to the MPC software and then drag and drop to Ableton/Logic well that does give me something to think about... Knowing Akai it will probably come half baked and take them another 5 to 6 months to iron out the bugs, but I will say it is something about just setting in front of the MP and going to work, it does put you in a zone!

I use to hate picking up the 2000xl and taking it to the studio to track out, it got crazy. At first I liked it but afterwards I didn't like it. This one I need it to be able resample my loops and transfer the Usb to my computer, now that's a deal. All I need it to do is work as a stand alone, they can keep their software 2.0.

My production set up was unorthodox, people thought I was buggin but when they heard my music they was like dam. I didn't have anything midi to my MPC. I straight played my keys into the MPC as samples and put it all on the pads and that worked flawlessly. But man putting stuff on a pad and banging it out whether its drums or a sound and playing that and it falling right in with no problem is nice! That's what I need with the MPCX. Now it has a bigger screen, dammmmmmmmmmm Ima love that. I use to look on that small screen LOL And it's touch screen, so I am going to enjoy this for years to come. Man every body in their mother going to have this.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pay full price for an upgrade? That doesn't sound right, did you talk with someone @ Soundtoys... I had it since V4 and upgrading to V5 was free... The bundle does come up over @ kvraudio classifieds all the time for about $300.00
Yeah, I did. I was before they switched over to AAX. I got it when I went to the AES convention in New York. Hell I wish I could get it for free. I loved that dam Filter freak too man that is the business. But I am good now I use the STA Delay it's just like the Echo Boy and that was free and I use that or my joint in Reason.

Yo did they switch to 64 bit, cause in my account the full license is only 32 bit. Yeah I had it when it was 32 bit and there was no 64 bit yet.

this what it says:

Single-Product Upgrades
SoundToys Native Effects V3

Upgrade Soundtoys Native Effects to Soundtoys 5 ($249)
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Yeah man it's been 64 bit for a few years now and 250 is not full price but I still see your point, like I said I got the bundle second hand for about $300 and while STA is a nice free delay it is nowhere near echoboy in terms of features nor sound(IMHO) they need to put dry/wet mix knob on that thing.. A great cheap delay is Replica by NI, ok back to these MPC's don't want to derail the thread.....
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

The enthusiasm for the MPCX on this thread is contagious. Lol! That's cool, I'm excited to see what's it's all about too. I've been dreaming of leaving the computer behind for a while now, they're ok, but the more hands on approach and having a simpler setup and focused work flow is where's its at for me. Not to mention triggering loops from a slick machine sounds righteous. Man, y'all be careful using all the same plugins, tracks might start to sound a little too" familiar" haha! Not sure if y'all are into guitar pedal effects, but I've enjoyed using the Polara Reverb and Malekko Dark Ekko for delay. Vibey pedals, and sound good on a lot of sources. Plus, I like having something physical, a box, to spend my money on. Plugins get work done, but in all honesty, they are kind of "imaginary". Then again, making money using plugins is REAL. Haha!
Cheers
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

I'm gonna keep it real and hook up a turntable to this and send everything raw over bluetooth to stream on my Galaxy
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah man it's been 64 bit for a few years now and 250 is not full price but I still see your point, like I said I got the bundle second hand for about $300 and while STA is a nice free delay it is nowhere near echoboy in terms of features nor sound(IMHO) they need to put dry/wet mix knob on that thing.. A great cheap delay is Replica by NI, ok back to these MPC's don't want to derail the thread.....
Yeah you're right but ill be ok. Right now lm on a MPCX high l swear l haven't come down lol
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Im not in the delay game yt but i heard Replika XT is king of the hill.
I'm still on Replika "non XT", but there seems to be a lot of praise going around for XT. Hopefully XT will be included with K11 Ultimate whenever I decided to upgrade from K10U. I wouldn't want to pay to upgrade Replika only to find out that it's part of the 11 bundle.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

If the MPC Live is good, it might replace my trusty MPC-1000...
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
I'm still on Replika "non XT", but there seems to be a lot of praise going around for XT. Hopefully XT will be included with K11 Ultimate whenever I decided to upgrade from K10U. I wouldn't want to pay to upgrade Replika only to find out that it's part of the 11 bundle.
I believe XT is in K11u, Im debating on upgrading to K11u, I have K10u so its not a huge difference.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Just took a peep over @ mpc forums and supposedly the Live is coming 1st followed by X which will be 5-7 months out and namm will be all about Mpc live and the 2.0 software... Don't take my word tho, just something I read....
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
The enthusiasm for the MPCX on this thread is contagious. Lol! That's cool, I'm excited to see what's it's all about too. I've been dreaming of leaving the computer behind for a while now, they're ok, but the more hands on approach and having a simpler setup and focused work flow is where's its at for me. Not to mention triggering loops from a slick machine sounds righteous. Man, y'all be careful using all the same plugins, tracks might start to sound a little too" familiar" haha! Not sure if y'all are into guitar pedal effects, but I've enjoyed using the Polara Reverb and Malekko Dark Ekko for delay. Vibey pedals, and sound good on a lot of sources. Plus, I like having something physical, a box, to spend my money on. Plugins get work done, but in all honesty, they are kind of "imaginary". Then again, making money using plugins is REAL. Haha!
Cheers
lol man this ish done went viral lol

Man you hit it right on the head.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search