The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
This thread was gaining momentum due to the imminent release of the MPCx and a few of us have maintained a bit of banter and cameraderie.

Let's not spoil it by being on one another's case over either lack of knowledge or foolish pride.

Must admit I,Ve made a few outlandish statements before that didn't win me any friends but hey it's 2017 now and let bygones be bygones.

Y'all make some music with what we have now and what we want as GSlutz

Cheers
Me too and this is so on point.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

This thread is hilarious
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
This thread was gaining momentum due to the imminent release of the MPCx and a few of us have maintained a bit of banter and cameraderie.

Let's not spoil it by being on one another's case over either lack of knowledge or foolish pride.

Must admit I,Ve made a few outlandish statements before that didn't win me any friends but hey it's 2017 now and let bygones be bygones.

Y'all make some music with what we have now and what we want as GSlutz

Cheers

Agreed!

Lets just see when NAMM rolls around, I'll be going so i'll be taking pics of course
Old 5th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Agreed!

Lets just see when NAMM rolls around, I'll be going so i'll be taking pics of course
Please take a few good pictures of the MPCX (Top view, Side view and Back view). I would very much appreciate it.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Nice one Luxx. .
Appreciate anything we can get on the new MPC.

Info still a little sketchy at the moment but this thread is hotting up.

I guess we are all speculating and wishful thinking at same time.

Cheers
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

I gotta see what that Q-Links iis all about and its functions.
Old 5th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
I gotta see what that Q-Links iis all about and its functions.
I think the functionality of the QLinks wont be very different than the current..
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

I'm with the Peace... I'm glad ppl are actually talking things out tho, still... ANYWAY, so I JUST got off the phone wit my rep (had to get in on the STOOOPID discounted UAD Octo Satellite) & I asked him bout this fabled MPCX. Said to him, "now I just saved some money so I could theoretically allocate it to something new. When is that MPCX thing coming out?" I quote, "Call me Monday - Let me get off this phone b4 I lose my job!" Not sure what this means exactly except for how I want it to mean it's dropping Monday! Lololol... But who knows... Dude kept the UAD serious price drop from me that he knew was coming a day after I ordered a more expensive product... "Company Rules n all..." Good thing for me, original item was out of stock till the 11th so I lucked out and made it over the timing bridge into January clearance/deals... May put this MPCX right next to the 4000 & see if she gets jealous... Lol...
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just saw a video on music theory dude knows his stuff. So he was playing in the major triads and in the scales. When he played all the midi notes were off he started pushing them to the one. He was in logic. He didn't. Bytch about it he kept going.

Now how in the heck would I not know that the time correction was on? Hello! I wanted it on hence hello TIME CORRECTION! Smdh
That is why i love the MPC, i do all my drum and percussion's in there and let the machine quantize em. But when it comes to chords and patterns and everything else, I play it live and sample it in, assign it to a pad, then hit the pad to play the riff i made. Takes longer cuz i want the perfect take but when i nail it it gets assigned it a pad and them i trigger it when the song calls for it.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
I think the functionality of the QLinks wont be very different than the current..
I have no knowledge of the Q-Links, I come from the MPC2000XL it doesn't have Q-Links so I need to learn what that is.
Old 5th January 2017
mp3
Lives for gear

The 2kxl has one Q-Link. Its just a real time control slider or knob. Every MPC has at least one.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleChrome View Post
I'm with the Peace... I'm glad ppl are actually talking things out tho, still... ANYWAY, so I JUST got off the phone wit my rep (had to get in on the STOOOPID discounted UAD Octo Satellite) & I asked him bout this fabled MPCX. Said to him, "now I just saved some money so I could theoretically allocate it to something new. When is that MPCX thing coming out?" I quote, "Call me Monday - Let me get off this phone b4 I lose my job!" Not sure what this means exactly except for how I want it to mean it's dropping Monday! Lololol... But who knows... Dude kept the UAD serious price drop from me that he knew was coming a day after I ordered a more expensive product... "Company Rules n all..." Good thing for me, original item was out of stock till the 11th so I lucked out and made it over the timing bridge into January clearance/deals... May put this MPCX right next to the 4000 & see if she gets jealous... Lol...
Haahaaaa ctfu lmao That is the funniest shyt I have ever heard LOL hahaha oh my GAWD!!!!! WTF!

I had to read your post ten times just to understand what you were saying LOL

Hold up, let me get this straight. You were talking to a rep, and you asked him about the MPCX? Am I right so far? LOL

Then he told you, "call me back Monday" So you're thinking it's dropping next Monday the 9th?

So he said he was getting off the phone before he lose his job caussssssssseeeeeeeeee...................? He know some info on the X that he's not suppose to tell you or some thing? I get where he is coming from because they do monitor the phone calls. When is NAMM like the 15th of this month?

Then dude kept the UAD dropped price from you? This gets more hilariously intense the more I read it LOL

What type of rep do you have? I would get rid of him especially after you knowing what he did. I did that at Sweetwater, back in the day when I just got into computer to use to do music and they sold me a busted joint, I sent it back to get it fixed under warranty they sent it back all busted up in the inside I'm like "WTF is this" man I was so hot I wanted to get my weapon and shot anyone on site at that company. I took pics and showed them what is wrong with you guys. So they sent me a new one and my old one, I got the other one fixed sold both and got me a Mac computer and I was happy. I got on the phone and told them I want a new rep I didn't buy to much from them any more just like little stuff not nothing serious.

MPCX is a beauty I got all the pics and what not to know it's real and its coming. If it were to drop Monday IM FREAKIN GETTING IT! LOL
Now you know That 4000 is going to get jealous LOL My Akai LPD8 is going to go in the bag LOL Funny thing is that little thing held me down can't lie and the 8 little knobs worked very well.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
The 2kxl has one Q-Link. Its just a real time control slider or knob. Every MPC has at least one.
Oh you're talking about the slider on the MPC2000xl lol Yeah I know it about that, and I was using it especially with editing within the MPCxl We didn't call it a Q-Link, its the note variation slider, is that what you're talking about?
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

Basically

Quote:
Haahaaaa ctfu lmao That is the funniest shyt I have ever heard LOL hahaha oh my GAWD!!!!! WTF!

I had to read your post ten times just to understand what you were saying LOL

Hold up, let me get this straight. You were talking to a rep, and you asked him about the MPCX? Am I right so far? LOL

Then he told you, "call me back Monday" So you're thinking it's dropping next Monday the 9th?

So he said he was getting off the phone before he lose his job caussssssssseeeeeeeeee...................? He know some info on the X that he's not suppose to tell you or some thing? I get where he is coming from because they do monitor the phone calls. When is NAMM like the 15th of this month?

Then dude kept the UAD dropped price from you? This gets more hilariously intense the more I read it LOL

What type of rep do you have? I would get rid of him especially after you knowing what he did. I did that at Sweetwater, back in the day when I just got into computer to use to do music and they sold me a busted joint, I sent it back to get it fixed under warranty they sent it back all busted up in the inside I'm like "WTF is this" man I was so hot I wanted to get my weapon and shot anyone on site at that company. I took pics and showed them what is wrong with you guys. So they sent me a new one and my old one, I got the other one fixed sold both and got me a Mac computer and I was happy. I got on the phone and told them I want a new rep I didn't buy to much from them any more just like little stuff not nothing serious.

MPCX is a beauty I got all the pics and what not to know it's real and its coming. If it were to drop Monday IM FREAKIN GETTING IT! LOL
Now you know That 4000 is going to get jealous LOL My Akai LPD8 is going to go in the bag LOL Funny thing is that little thing held me down can't lie and the 8 little knobs worked very well.
In a nutshell... Can't get rid of dude tho. He's hooked me up on plenty of other discounts in the past but God was watching (or the gods) on THIS one. I don't know if the gassss is real or not on the drop date but he shoooore sounded like he definitely knew bout it like something was imminent! Not saying No names, No company names (lol) but, yea... Hope it's worth the wait but honestly, sound flower, lazy chop and or drag n drop makes it sooooo easy to make beats on the lil MPC Studio (silver or black) that buying this is just gon be fun and dope in all its redundancy! Can't wait, lol...
Old 5th January 2017
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh you're talking about the slider on the MPC2000xl lol Yeah I know it about that, and I was using it especially with editing within the MPCxl We didn't call it a Q-Link, its the note variation slider, is that what you're talking about?
Yeah, its basically the same thing it always was. Just newer models have more than one control, and those controls can do a few more things.
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

I'm going to wait until I hear these new mpc in action. Need to know how those converters sound.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

I've been interested in Push2 for a while, but I'm such a hardware person I've honestly been waiting for a new stand alone sampler/sequencer. I've had a Roland SP404 for years, mostly just for mangling sound effects and capturing sounds to fly in on my music, but the editing functions always frustrated me. I'm guessing the MPCX would be like a full fledged production and multitrack sampler recorder? I do work with creating my own sounds and looping them but my DAW is so old, I'm really looking for a new centerpiece to work with.

A few questions though, because I'm really interested in this piece. Is there regular linear recording and not just tied to loop based stuff? I work with long loops sometimes. Internal effects or aux's for hardware effects? I like the idea of recording sounds to the pads and then triggering them for arrangements but I've never used an MPC. Is it like the Push2 where you basically record your performance to a stereo track and then can continue to perform over that take?

Thanks folks, I'm seriously looking at this piece, but if it does what I'm wanting, I won't be using a computer with it, so it needs to be a complete system. Plus, I'm looking for a box with a sound. (Converters/compressors).

Cheers!
Old 5th January 2017
Gear Head

Akai just released a teaser video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwLd5wqZ4Lc

And we've all seen that background before:

As I can't post images yet please look at my post in the following link:

Akai MPC Forums - MPC Live + MPC X: new standalone touchscreen MPCs? : MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio & MPC Touch - Page 46

The wait will soon be over..!!!!
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleChrome View Post
In a nutshell... Can't get rid of dude tho. He's hooked me up on plenty of other discounts in the past but God was watching (or the gods) on THIS one. I don't know if the gassss is real or not on the drop date but he shoooore sounded like he definitely knew bout it like something was imminent! Not saying No names, No company names (lol) but, yea... Hope it's worth the wait but honestly, sound flower, lazy chop and or drag n drop makes it sooooo easy to make beats on the lil MPC Studio (silver or black) that buying this is just gon be fun and dope in all its redundancy! Can't wait, lol...
LOL haha ctfu Yeah he gave you the code: "You're going to get me fired" LOL Yeah that joint right around the corner. I am ready though. Man I have a clear pic of the MPCX I keep looking at it like its a sexy woman LOL then I have to snap out of it lol You don't know how long I been waiting for another stand alone. It's been since 2012 of me not having one so I am super over excited. You just gave us a heads up.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
Akai just released a teaser video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwLd5wqZ4Lc

And we've all seen that background before:

As I can't post images yet please look at my post in the following link:

Akai MPC Forums - MPC Live + MPC X: new standalone touchscreen MPCs? : MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio & MPC Touch - Page 46

The wait will soon be over..!!!!
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
I've been interested in Push2 for a while, but I'm such a hardware person I've honestly been waiting for a new stand alone sampler/sequencer. I've had a Roland SP404 for years, mostly just for mangling sound effects and capturing sounds to fly in on my music, but the editing functions always frustrated me. I'm guessing the MPCX would be like a full fledged production and multitrack sampler recorder? I do work with creating my own sounds and looping them but my DAW is so old, I'm really looking for a new centerpiece to work with.

A few questions though, because I'm really interested in this piece. Is there regular linear recording and not just tied to loop based stuff? I work with long loops sometimes. Internal effects or aux's for hardware effects? I like the idea of recording sounds to the pads and then triggering them for arrangements but I've never used an MPC. Is it like the Push2 where you basically record your performance to a stereo track and then can continue to perform over that take?

Thanks folks, I'm seriously looking at this piece, but if it does what I'm wanting, I won't be using a computer with it, so it needs to be a complete system. Plus, I'm looking for a box with a sound. (Converters/compressors).

Cheers!
The MPC can do all that and more, this one will be killer but I advise you to check the specs when it comes. It works for me most def. You can sample in the MPCX and put your sliced samples on each pad and tap them in when you're using the sequencer. Its dope.

If I were you I would seriously look at it too.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Right now I am loving the Izotope Vinyl Free! it's dope and that Izotope VocalSynth System its off the chain. Get that MPCX and I'm off! I will spend less time on the computer making music again and only doing mixing and mastering on it. And arrangements, I love doing arrangements on the computer.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Right now I am loving the Izotope Vinyl Free! it's dope and that Izotope VocalSynth System its off the chain. Get that MPCX and I'm off! I will spend less time on the computer making music again and only doing mixing and mastering on it. And arrangements, I love doing arrangements on the computer.
I have Vinyl, but haven't even bothered with it yet, which is why I ended up passing on buying that new Waves Vinyl plug-in. They're cool for what they are, but I haven't had a situation come up yet where I even wanted the effect for anything. VocalSynth I plan to get the next time it's on sale for a good price. I went way overboard on software this holiday, but at least I'll be totally stacked for this year. No shortage of sonic capabilities ITB for production, mixing, or mastering.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
I have Vinyl, but haven't even bothered with it yet, which is why I ended up passing on buying that new Waves Vinyl plug-in. They're cool for what they are, but I haven't had a situation come up yet where I even wanted the effect for anything. VocalSynth I plan to get the next time it's on sale for a good price. I went way overboard on software this holiday, but at least I'll be totally stacked for this year. No shortage of sonic capabilities ITB for production, mixing, or mastering.
The Izotope and Abbey Road(waves) vinyl plugs are really different from eachother, both being very nice plugs indeed!!!!
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well Im going to use it alot. That spin button in it slow down your song and when you release it it slowly speads up its that easy i love it.

Hey I have that free Stereo Control imager that thing is better than waves stereo imager i kid you not. It has more functions on it and its free. STA Delay another free joint you can dial in your delays plus it has different ones. Vintage is my joint.

Then I have another software that i had for years. It has five effects my fav is the walkie talkie effects . It will make your voice sound like real walkie talkie. It only goes on XP thsts why l have an XP lappy.

When I get that X its over! Im going to do some ish!

I hope it is 1,599 then I don't have to spend $2,000. No matter whst its mine.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
The Izotope and Abbey Road(waves) vinyl plugs are really different from eachother, both being very nice plugs indeed!!!!
Indeed. If I did find myself wanting to bath a sound in some vinyl character, the Izotope plug-in would probably be enough to get by with. I don't think I would need something that could provide the whole 9 yards in that case haha. For people that do, the Waves plug-in is no joke.

Don't get me talking about that plate plug-in though...
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well Im going to use it alot. That spin button in it slow down your song and when you release it it slowly speads up its that easy i love it.

Hey I have that free Stereo Control imager that thing is better than waves stereo imager i kid you not. It has more functions on it and its free. STA Delay another free joint you can dial in your delays plus it has different ones. Vintage is my joint.

Then I have another software that i had for years. It has five effects my fav is the walkie talkie effects . It will make your voice sound like real walkie talkie. It only goes on XP thsts why l have an XP lappy.

When I get that X its over! Im going to do some ish!

I hope it is 1,599 then I don't have to spend $2,000. No matter whst its mine.
Lately for winding down and winding up effects, I've been using a Steinberg plug-in in Cubase. I'm going to start looking for more opportunities to give Izotope Vinyl a try though. I'll make that part of my New Year's resolutions.

Delay wise, I'm loving off Echo Boy Jr. and D16/Slate Repeater ATM. All this effects talk has me wonder what new effects Akai will add for MPC 2.0 if any. I sometimes use the current ones they have in the MPC software just for the sake of it, but most of them are a bit boring.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lately for winding down and winding up effects, I've been using a Steinberg plug-in in Cubase. I'm going to start looking for more opportunities to give Izotope Vinyl a try though. I'll make that part of my New Year's resolutions.

Delay wise, I'm loving off Echo Boy Jr. and D16/Slate Repeater ATM. All this effects talk has me wonder what new effects Akai will add for MPC 2.0 if any. I sometimes use the current ones they have in the MPC software just for the sake of it, but most of them are a bit boring.
Im not in the delay game yt but i heard Replika XT is king of the hill.
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Man where in the hell did you get the cv info ? lol you are on the prowl lol haahaaaha ctfu.
You knoe what I just might invest just a couple of pieces of HW. I love being inside the box. Cv/gate on the MPCx is dope.
Quote:
Let me tell you about another crazy HW configuration !

The MPCx is supposedly coming with cv/ gate .

Dave Rossum ( EMU ) the pioneer of samplers is coming out with this thing called the assimi8or .

Imagine a sampler within a sampler if hooked up to the X.
yeah, saw it too on some (translated from japanese) spec
i use LADIK MIDI-> gate/CV converters with my MPC4k to drive me EURORACK
but MPC X paired with a ROLAND TB-03 (trigger in, to 'tick' the sequencer one step) sounds AWESOME
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

I never knew thete was an echo boy jr just k rw it was echo boy. The echo boy is dope but they tried to make me spend for the full price of their up grade.STA Delay is dope.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search