The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
You know what man, ill be honest right here. Nobody wants to pay for things anymore, this is excluding some folks on here. Thats why threads pop up all the time about, how do i get this sounds for free or cheap mastering plug ins or best free drum sounds. Most will discount the importance of a dedicated machine to do things for the cheaper PC that can do it all. Jack of all trades master of none, I will support hardware for life, my system 8 for example beats the bricks off trying to assign knobs to a controller. Just select sound, twist knobs press keys.
What's a system 8 if I may ask
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
What's a system 8 if I may ask
https://www.roland.com/us/products/system-8/

Love this thing.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

The JDXa is even better.

Having either of those paired with the MPCx would be wicked.

You could do a complete commercial song for sure.
Unless your room at home is treated you could do just the vocal at a studio and bring the production at home to finish.

Add some mastering eq and compression and voila. Instant release !

Roland are giving out VR glasses at Namm so they could be releasing the much touted Roland ACB sampler.

Cheers
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
What you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what everyone else is talking about. The issue is latency and jitter. You're talking about auto quantizing. The machine/software is immediately "fixing" your mistakes. Of COURSE your notes are perfectly on grid, because you have "time correct" enabled. This is a feature/function of your sequencer, it has nothing to do with latency or jitter.

And any modern DAW can do that, including Pro Tools. In PT it's called "Input Quantize", and it works perfectly. I don't know why you had so much trouble using DAWs for sequencing, but I do complex MIDI sequencing in an older machine (WinXP, PT HD8) every day, and have absolutely NO problems. No perceived latency (hit key or pad, and sound is instantaneous), and no MIDI jitter that I EVER noticed. Performance is always exactly as I played it, and just like an MPC, if I have "Input Quantize" enabled, every note is perfectly quantized in real time, like it should be. Even when looping a section, it's seamless and glitch-free.

This is the case no matter which input device I use, or whether I use my MOTU MIDI interface or USB direct to host. And in case you're wondering, yes, I have A LOT of experience using MPCs. Used them for 15 years before switching to DAW sequencing, and for me, there's never been a difference in timing performance.
I've been reading this WHOLE THREAD FROM PAGE 1 and all I kept saying to myself is: "I think homie is mixing up midi timing/jitter with INPUT QUANTIZING!" No disrespect to DANOC, but clear communication & equipment education is key. I remember when I first started out I used to just try use the equipment, any equipment, without fully reading & understanding what the features were/could do in actuality. I Learned the HARD Way (YEARS AGO) Too. So NOW I ALWAYS READ UP on ALL Lingo/Manuals & grasp the terminologies before attempting to use equip or new software.

My first MPC was the 4000, although I've used friend's 2000xl's and I also own the silver MPC Studio/software currently on a 2012 i5 MBP and have never had an issue tracking into PT from Digi 001 days (OhGAWWWD)
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hoooooooolllllllyyyyy WTF IS THAT? I never herad of that where in the hell I been.

Yo I have nothing to say.

Quiet crickets.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleChrome View Post
I've been reading this WHOLE THREAD FROM PAGE 1 and all I kept saying to myself is: "I think homie is mixing up midi timing/jitter with INPUT QUANTIZING!" No disrespect to DANOC, but clear communication & equipment education is key. I remember when I first started out I used to just try use the equipment, any equipment, without fully reading & understanding what the features were/could do in actuality. I Learned the HARD Way (YEARS AGO) Too. So NOW I ALWAYS READ UP on ALL Lingo/Manuals & grasp the terminologies before attempting to use equip or new software.

My first MPC was the 4000, although I've used friend's 2000xl's and I also own the silver MPC Studio/software currently on a 2012 i5 MBP and have never had an issue tracking into PT from Digi 001 days (OhGAWWWD)
No disrespect to you seem not to be able to know who said what but claimed I don't know equipment yada.
Dude go back and you will see it was l would said there is no latency in the 2000xl homie is the one that said latency and jitters not me.
I am well knowledgeable with my equipment and music. So next time read correctly before you make a text concerning me.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hoooooooolllllllyyyyy WTF IS THAT? I never herad of that where in the hell I been.

Yo I have nothing to say.

Quiet crickets.
Its a beast but its also a bad rabbit hole to go into. Ive played around with it and looked up and hours have gone by. Its just nice to have one knob per function(for the most part) access instead of starring at a computer screen.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
The JDXa is even better.

Unless your room at home is treated you could do just the vocal at a studio and bring the production at home to finish.

Roland are giving out VR glasses at Namm so they could be releasing the much touted Roland ACB sampler.

Cheers
Dammmm lol you dudes lol

What I truly luv about the MPCx is you can attach listening monitors to it and seriously be stand alone.
It said it has 16 gigs and 10 of that is sounds. Wonder if they have pianos, strings etc. I know they will put drums in it not interested i make my own drums. But this keeps getting better and better.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its a beast but its also a bad rabbit hole to go into. Ive played around with it and looked up and hours have gone by. Its just nice to have one knob per function(for the most part) access instead of starring at a computer screen.
Why you think I kept my mouth closed? Lol I ain't getting sucked in .Im saving my energy for you know what lol haahaaaha.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Come to the dark(green) side noc.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

The arpeggiator and polyphonic step sequencer is wicked on the System 8.

Hook that up midi I/O to the MPC X for some instant fun.

Cheers
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
The JDXa is even better.

Cheers
Or with the Integra 7 that would be a killer stand alone set up as well! Yes the JD-XA sounds great too, never heard about that system 8, looks cool tho!
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Come to the dark(green) side noc.
DEUC647<-----he ain't no good lol
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Km
Quote:
The arpeggiator and polyphonic step sequencer is wicked on the System 8.

Hook that up midi I/O to the MPC X for some instant fun.

Cheers
See why you eggin Deuc on lol

Now see you and Deuc got me thinking haahaaaha lol when I saw the S8 I was like "dam gget that with the X and Im gone!" lol plus it has the right pitch bend knob on it. I hate that up and down crap. I get wicked with the side joint.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Or with the Integra 7 that would be a killer stand alone set up as well! Yes the JD-XA sounds great too, never heard about that system 8, looks cool tho!
Yes indeed the integra is dope.

Me either Roland snuck that past us lol. After l went software I didn't pay to much attetion to hardware.
I wonder if that S8 cime in 61 keys.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Let me tell you about another crazy HW configuration !

The MPCx is supposedly coming with cv/ gate .

Dave Rossum ( EMU ) the pioneer of samplers is coming out with this thing called the assimi8or .

Imagine a sampler within a sampler if hooked up to the X.

Also the JDxa has a 16 track sequencer built in so one can create an amazing workflow with just a few pieces of HW.

Cheers
Old 5th January 2017
Here for the gear

Ok, Peace

Quote:
No disrespect to you seem not to be able to know who said what but claimed I don't know equipment yada.
Dude go back and you will see it was l would said there is no latency in the 2000xl homie is the one that said latency and jitters not me.
I am well knowledgeable with my equipment and music. So next time read correctly before you make a text concerning me.
Just tryna help out amongst the initial confusion. If mistaken then my bad but what I had gathered was that u felt every time u hit the MPC pads, ish was dead on the start of every bar persay, every time. Yet in the computer, the timing was always slightly off THUS needing to be Re-Quantized within the software as opposed to the Automatic Input Quantizing feature inside all Daws & with ur 2000xl's (via Timing Correct that was probably on by default and u hadn't realized)... Either way I'm glad we could clear this up for whoever it may benefit. Once again, didn't mean to offend if I did. Peace...
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

I said the same thing. You've been getting input quantize mixed up with midi jitter this whole thread man. So both of us are wrong and you're right I suppose? Lol
Old 5th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I said the same thing. You've been getting input quantize mixed up with midi jitter this whole thread man. So both of us are wrong and you're right I suppose? Lol
Make that THREE of us are wrong ...
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have nothing mixed up lm not the one who brought up latency or jitters. I said the quantizing was off!
Are you guys smoking? How the hell did I get latency and jitter confused when im the one that said l wanst having latency or jitter problems because l said the 2000xl didn't give me latency problems.
I SAID WITH THE QUANTIZE ON DOING COMPLICATED DRUM PATTS THE MIDI NOTES WERE OFF! THEN I SAID I TURN OFF THE QUANTZE SAME PROBLEM. IT WAS YALL TALKING ALL THAT LATENCY AND JITTER CRAP NOT ME!!!

I asked for help Bender was quiet now I want all three of you to stop talking to me about latency, quantizing and jitter! This is an MPCx thread stop trying to blame me for that crap.

Last edited by danoc; 5th January 2017 at 07:04 AM..
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleChrome View Post
Just tryna help out amongst the initial confusion. If mistaken then my bad but what I had gathered was that u felt every time u hit the MPC pads, ish was dead on the start of every bar persay, every time. Yet in the computer, the timing was always slightly off THUS needing to be Re-Quantized within the software as opposed to the Automatic Input Quantizing feature inside all Daws & with ur 2000xl's (via Timing Correct that was probably on by default and u hadn't realized)... Either way I'm glad we could clear this up for whoever it may benefit. Once again, didn't mean to offend if I did. Peace...
I just saw a video on music theory dude knows his stuff. So he was playing in the major triads and in the scales. When he played all the midi notes were off he started pushing them to the one. He was in logic. He didn't. Bytch about it he kept going.

I don't want to go through that anymore. It causes problems so my solution is get tbe MPCx as a standalone and keep it pushing.

Now how in the heck would I not know that the time correction was on? Hello! I wanted it on hence hello TIME CORRECTION! Smdh

Why in the world you think l didn't know it was on is beyond me. I would love for one of you wizzards to show me the crap with the DAW.
Stop talking about the 2000xl which I don't even have anymore!

Talk about the MPCx. Bender knows dam well this crap is off topic. Me and the other fellas talking having a great time sharing info no Bender as soon as this bullish about latency and jitters pops up here he comes. Im really starting to think certain people love drama!

But if cats think ima slouch test me in a beat battle and I'll show mofis some got dam jitters and latency! This is not towards you Purplechrome.

But bringing that crap back up is null and void. I have my solution so I can care less about the Daw quantizing.
Peace

Last edited by danoc; 5th January 2017 at 07:00 AM..
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Let me tell you about another crazy HW configuration !

The MPCx is supposedly coming with cv/ gate .

Dave Rossum ( EMU ) the pioneer of samplers is coming out with this thing called the assimi8or .

Imagine a sampler within a sampler if hooked up to the X.

Also the JDxa has a 16 track sequencer built in so one can create an amazing workflow with just a few pieces of HW.

Cheers
Man where in the hell did you get the cv info ? lol you are on the prowl lol haahaaaha ctfu.
You knoe what I just might invest just a couple of pieces of HW. I love being inside the box. Cv/gate on the MPCx is dope.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are you guys smoking? How the hell did I get latency and jitter confused when im the one that said l wanst having latency or jitter problems because l said the 2000xl didn't give me latency problems.
I SAID WITH THE QUANTIZE ON DOING COMPLICATED DRUM PATTS THE MIDI NOTES WERE OFF! THEN I SAID I TURN OFF THE QUANTZE SAME PROBLEM. IT WAS YALL TALKING ALL THAT LATENCY AND JITTER CRAP NOT ME!!!

I asked for help Bender was quiet now I want all three of you to stop talking to me about latency, quantizing and jitter! This is an MPCx thread stop trying to blame me for that crap.
Buddy, caps lock off lol.

Regardless on what you want to write in capitol letters, what you have shown in this thread is that you are very argumentative and maybe don't know all that you put on about. Fact is, from what you've written, you have gotten jitter mixed up with input quantize many times over.

And "complex" drum patterns? Why do you keep writing this? Are you referring to patterns in an odd, non pop 4/4 time signature?
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Buddy, caps lock off lol.

Regardless on what you want to write in capitol letters, what you have shown in this thread is that you are very argumentative and maybe don't know all that you put on about. Fact is, from what you've written, you have gotten jitter mixed up with input quantize many times over.

And "complex" drum patterns? Why do you keep writing this? Are you referring to patterns in an odd, non pop 4/4 time signature?
Im grown I keep my caps on if l want. So Im wrong on that too ? Smh

Hold up lm argumentative and you guys aren't? After l said l don't want to talk about this anymore and youre still going. Well isn't that the dog telling his azz its filhty!

Smh I use complex drums because its not your aversge 1234 pattern. I told YALL this aeons ago.

Show me where l wrote and said l had jitter or latency problems!
Old 5th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I just dont like how cheap the mpc's look now. my mpc 2000xl is build like a tank. seriously it could be used as weapon. I love the build quality of the older models. if they can get that roger linn feel, swing, sound back i'd buy into it. now its Numark quality and i'll pass. I'll use my current mpc's for now. I need to re-buy a 4000.
I bought a 2000XL back in 2000. Saved up a pretty penny for it from my IT job at the time, and used it as a live sampler/sequencer for my electronic act back then. I still have it even though I hardly use it, just because it looks so cool and I love the way it's built. I pretty much use it as a glorified drum pad controller for NI Battery these days, or just load up a kit and fire up a sequence when I want to jam to something spontaneously.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im grown I keep my caps on if l want. So Im wrong on that too ? Smh

Hold up lm argumentative and you guys aren't? Well isn't that the dog telling his azz its filhty!

Smh I use complex drums because its not your aversge 1234 pattern. I told YALL this aeons ago.

Show me where l wrote and said l had jitter or latency problems!
Im not saying you wrote you had jitter or latency problems...

Im saying what you wrote shows that you misunderstand the difference between jitter and input quantize.

I would hope any mpc as well as any software could handle what you describe as drums that aren't "1234"
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsongs View Post
I bought a 2000XL back in 2000. Saved up a pretty penny for it from my IT job at the time, and used it as a live sampler/sequencer for my electronic act back then. I still have it even though I hardly use it, just because it looks so cool and I love the way it's built. I pretty much use it as a glorified drum pad controller for NI Battery these days, or just load up a kit and fire up a sequence when I want to jam to something spontaneously.
Thats why l loved and still do the 2000xl. It was compact built lime a tank and had that tilt screen. Plus it had time stretch. I had a scsi hard drive connected to it and would rock out.
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im not saying you wrote you had jitter or latency problems...

Im saying what you wrote shows that you misunderstand the difference between jitter and input quantize.

I would hope any mpc as well as any software could handle what you describe as drums that aren't "1234"
I said my tracks were not hitting on the one with quantize on or off. Clearly this a quantize issue. So how the hell I get it confused with jitters?
And you're not argumentative? Have a nice night dude
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

This thread was gaining momentum due to the imminent release of the MPCx and a few of us have maintained a bit of banter and cameraderie.

Let's not spoil it by being on one another's case over either lack of knowledge or foolish pride.

Must admit I,Ve made a few outlandish statements before that didn't win me any friends but hey it's 2017 now and let bygones be bygones.

Y'all make some music with what we have now and what we want as GSlutz

Cheers
Old 5th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
This thread was gaining momentum due to the imminent release of the MPCx and a few of us have maintained a bit of banter and cameraderie.

Let's not spoil it by being on one another's case over either lack of knowledge or foolish pride.

Must admit I,Ve made a few outlandish statements before that didn't win me any friends but hey it's 2017 now and let bygones be bygones.

Y'all make some music with what we have now and what we want as GSlutz

Cheers
True dat.
Oh and you forgot make great music with whst we got now and what we're going to get lol
Im blown away dude said X might hsce Cv/Gste on it lol
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search