The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 3rd January 2017
The MPC X - I'll get one for sure. Been waiting for a standalone MPC since the 5000. It'll go directly to the center piece of my studio.

However, 2.0 BETTER be tight. None of this "coming soon..." nonsense. It's been a year since they released the MPC Touch in a crippled state. Everything should be done by now. I'll be crazy disappointed if they release the MPC X in the same way. There better not be ONE function missing or not implemented.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Not odd at all you wete bragging on Ab Live Drum Rack so I wanted to see what all your fuss was about. Especially when you said smack wouldn't wanna look at the MPCx again.

I'm not "bragging on drum racks". This is common knowledge to many Ableton users and was simply sharing info.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post

I'm not "bragging on drum racks". This is common knowledge to many Ableton users and was simply sharing info.
Ok Luxx you wasn't bragging.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. who? View Post
The MPC X - I'll get one for sure. Been waiting for a standalone MPC since the 5000. It'll go directly to the center piece of my studio.

However, 2.0 BETTER be tight. None of this "coming soon..." nonsense. It's been a year since they released the MPC Touch in a crippled state. Everything should be done by now. I'll be crazy disappointed if they release the MPC X in the same way. There better not be ONE function missing or not implemented.
Exactly! You are so right. Im counting on the standalone not the 2.0 sw. Just Blaze ripped them about the 5000 cause it was terrible.
They better get it right this is their last chance.

Last edited by danoc; 3rd January 2017 at 08:20 PM..
Old 3rd January 2017
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Beats View Post
Man too bad im broke.... :(
I'm gonna wait until it drops then buy the Ren or the Touch for like $150.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

I have a 5K but will keep a close eye on this one.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
I have a 5K but will keep a close eye on this one.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Exactly! You are so right. Im counting on the standalone not the 2.0 sw. Just Blaze ripped them about the 5000 cause it was terrible.
They better get it right this is their last chance.

yea they have a lot of work to do on their software dev team in general imo. but whatever works for you, works. all this **** does the same thing. ableton vs mpc software vs FL or whatever. just make music with what works for you or what you got. people have made lots of amazing stuff with a lot less. that being said there is zero chance i would buy the new one. I still have the classics going hard that have served me well for 20+ years and even a mpc studio just for a fun roll rig so I cant see myself spending that kind of money when I could put it into something more useful to me. I need to replace the OB8 i sold when in a bind as my priority right now anyway. but I dont have much faith in modern akai as a company, personally.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazeBros View Post
yea they have a lot of work to do on their software dev team in general imo. but whatever works for you, works. all this **** does the same thing. ableton vs mpc software vs FL or whatever. just make music with what works for you or what you got. people have made lots of amazing stuff with a lot less. that being said there is zero chance i would buy the new one. I still have the classics going hard that have served me well for 20+ years and even a mpc studio just for a fun roll rig so I cant see myself spending that kind of money when I could put it into something more useful to me. I need to replace the OB8 i sold when in a bind as my priority right now anyway. but I dont have much faith in modern akai as a company, personally.
Yo if you git the classic joints you dont need. I don't have any MPC but l will get this. They are great at standalone what l don't trust is the software.
Old 4th January 2017
Quote:
Yo if you git the classic joints you dont need. I don't have any MPC but l will get this. They are great at standalone what l don't trust is the software.
I get what you mean, but man I honestly think it's the same risk either way. The same software running on people's computers will be running on the standalone. Only difference is that the "USB connection" will be inside the standalone as opposed to connected to an external computer. But either way, same software man.

That's why I said what I said earlier - they better get the software right. No excuses for half-baked nonsense. They've had more than a year to get these features and functions right. Some stuff on the Touch has been "coming soon" since they released it. This thing better be tight, with everything running as it's supposed to be. Plus introducing a new flagship that could cost $1499 or more? Man, if something isn't working on it, I'll bail on Akai for good. Write my next album using nothing but Logic Pro.

They've got one more chance with me.
Old 4th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Beats View Post
Man too bad im broke.... :(
Well, there's no Dave Smith logo, I mean magic fairy dust in it, so it won't be too expensive.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I get what you mean, but man I honestly think it's the same risk either way. The same software running on people's computers will be running on the standalone. Only difference is that the "USB connection" will be inside the standalone as opposed to connected to an external computer. But either way, same software man.

That's why I said what I said earlier - they better get the software right. No excuses for half-baked nonsense. They've had more than a year to get these features and functions right. Some stuff on the Touch has been "coming soon" since they released it. This thing better be tight, with everything running as it's supposed to be. Plus introducing a new flagship that could cost $1499 or more? Man, if something isn't working on it, I'll bail on Akai for good. Write my next album using nothing but Logic Pro.

They've got one more chance with me.
So you plan on getting the MPCX? Yeah you are profound in what you are saying. They better have this right, If it's 1,499 I would like that I already got 2,000 put away for it. But it better work, I will get on their azz just like I got on Propellerheads about not supporting offline computers, I made a video and everything. Guess what? Someone responded and got me up and running LOL I was not playing. I support you and then you pull some okie doke non sense and we are spending money. So I will get on them HARD!!!

The dam thing looks beautiful. It even has a stereo Meter on that baby! I was like DAmmmmmmmmm! Big screen, man i been waiting for something like this and I am happy but they need to come through seriously.

If they are tight man they are going to kill the dam game, watch how many Rens, and Touches and Maschines go up on Ebay LOL
Old 4th January 2017
Quote:
So you plan on getting the MPCX? Yeah you are profound in what you are saying. They better have this right, If it's 1,499 I would like that I already got 2,000 put away for it. But it better work, I will get on their azz just like I got on Propellerheads about not supporting offline computers, I made a video and everything. Guess what? Someone responded and got me up and running LOL I was not playing. I support you and then you pull some okie doke non sense and we are spending money. So I will get on them HARD!!!

The dam thing looks beautiful. It even has a stereo Meter on that baby! I was like DAmmmmmmmmm! Big screen, man i been waiting for something like this and I am happy but they need to come through seriously.

If they are tight man they are going to kill the dam game, watch how many Rens, and Touches and Maschines go up on Ebay LOL
Plan on getting one? Heck. Yeah. LOL. I've been wanting a standalone for a while. Just like the idea of not having to connect to a computer. I'll put a 1TB SSD in it for my sample library, and hopefully then find a hard shell case for it. If it at least looks legit, and there are some good early reviews for it, I'll order one the first day it's available, and that's unusual for me - I usually wait it out. Heck I gave the 5000 two years before I bought it. LOL.

But if Akai comes with the nonsense, like I half expect them to, I'll bail and never look back. I'm hoping to be surprised.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

I'm actually looking forward to the MPC Live. That seems to be the MPC1000 for the next generation, it might be just as popular too.

However, if things remain stagnant with Akai with 2.0, I will fork over the extra $500 and buy the Pioneer SP16 instead.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

The SP16 hasn't got midi implemented yet so why pay the X tra 500.

Cheers
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Because I don't utilize MIDI, I'm pretty much control everything like Kid Capri
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Plan on getting one? Heck. Yeah. LOL. I've been wanting a standalone for a while. Just like the idea of not having to connect to a computer. I'll put a 1TB SSD in it for my sample library, and hopefully then find a hard shell case for it. If it at least looks legit, and there are some good early reviews for it, I'll order one the first day it's available, and that's unusual for me - I usually wait it out. Heck I gave the 5000 two years before I bought it. LOL.

But if Akai comes with the nonsense, like I half expect them to, I'll bail and never look back. I'm hoping to be surprised.
lol man my bad you did say you would get it. There's so many people in this thread I don't know who is who lol

Man if they mess up we going down to Akai with bats. You hitem high and l will hitem low lol we are going to bust their skulls to the white meat lol haaaha
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
I'm actually looking forward to the MPC Live. That seems to be the MPC1000 for the next generation, it might be just as popular too.

However, if things remain stagnant with Akai with 2.0, I will fork over the extra $500 and buy the Pioneer SP16 instead.
Both will be popular. If they come right. Major studios will get it, home studios too. Akai better bring it or its a wrap
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Yeah dog! Every MOFU from the Bronx to Brooklyn and beyond will have one of these puppies.

Timbo might even go back to his roots instead of shaking the Open Labs Neko.

Homeboys will be searching dem crates for the vinyl.

Hip hop ain't what it used to be so here's hoping the next generation of MPC users will come out with some interesting tunes.

Then again one can make any kinda music with an MPC.

Cheers
Old 4th January 2017
Quote:
lol man my bad you did say you would get it. There's so many people in this thread I don't know who is who lol

Man if they mess up we going down to Akai with bats. You hitem high and l will hitem low lol we are going to bust their skulls to the white meat lol haaaha
Haha - man that's a deal. LOL
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Both will be popular. If they come right. Major studios will get it, home studios too. Akai better bring it or its a wrap
My thoughts exactly. This is a huge window of success for Akai, if it aint right, it could really do damage to them. I think its wise for them to perfect 2.0 and to take long as it can.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

@danoc where's the vid you made regarding Propellerhead?
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Yeah dog! Every MOFU from the Bronx to Brooklyn and beyond will have one of these puppies.

Hip hop ain't what it used to be so here's hoping the next generation of MPC users will come out with some interesting tunes.

Cheers
HARLEM HERE! New York is going to light up with this, Timbo going to get it just cause LOL Premo might get it, he is stuck on that classic machine, But I know Just Blaze is going to get it. Ima drop by Stadium Red where he goes and see if he got it. ;-)

Man that open labs thingy been over the company shut down. But I heard a rumor someone bought them and opened it back up? Man I wouldn't buy that thing.
That joint got 16 knobs that can tweak the 16 pads that is crazy! Q-Link all that is going to be dope on this machine, I know the others have it, but this will be my first one. I will be able to do some interesting things man I tell ya I am going to go bananas!
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
@danoc where's the vid you made regarding Propellerhead?
Greetings, here's the video, I left it up so if people had the same problem I had they could use it.

Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
My thoughts exactly. This is a huge window of success for Akai, if it aint right, it could really do damage to them. I think its wise for them to perfect 2.0 and to take long as it can.
Yes it is, Akai could redeem themselves in a big way and be on top again if they do it right. I think they were working on this while they put out the Software joint. By Far they are not stupid and it seems they did listen. When we were screaming a new standalone that can transfer data back and forth from the computer they did it with Live and X. So it's all good and if it's right they are going to hit a home run waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy outta the park. I am so banking on this cause I really need this in my set up. If I don't get anything I gotta get that! The things I am going to do is going to be crazy!

My main focus is to be able to work quickly! Without having to fix drum notes etc. I am working off the Akai LPD8 I love the pads on that little thing, but thangs ain't what it should be when rocking drum patterns but I work with it. But now I am smiling like a big dog :-)

If they fail they might as well fold it up and never ever, never ever come back with another machine cause I wouldn't get in to it. This is their chance!
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haha - man that's a deal. LOL
And don't oil your BAT down we want to get them all dry WOOD! lol hahahaha lol
Old 4th January 2017
Here for the gear

Got tired of waiting on Akai and ended up with the pioneer toraiz. So far so good.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post

Cheers
You know what man, ill be honest right here. Nobody wants to pay for things anymore, this is excluding some folks on here. Thats why threads pop up all the time about, how do i get this sounds for free or cheap mastering plug ins or best free drum sounds. Most will discount the importance of a dedicated machine to do things for the cheaper PC that can do it all. Jack of all trades master of none, I will support hardware for life, my system 8 for example beats the bricks off trying to assign knobs to a controller. Just select sound, twist knobs press keys.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

^^ Thumbs up.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Deuce 647,

I here you on that one man.
There is nothing wrong with wanting a controller that gives you 1-2-1 with your software.

The System 8 is a good example of the integration between the HW and SW.

Hopefully the MPC X will be in the same boat.

Get this right Akai or it could be your sinking ship.

By all means they are a big company and have the available resources.
Even Pioner whipped up a sampler within a few years of R& D so with Akai pedigree in sampling we should have a decent machine in the works.

Cheers
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search