The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender412 View Post
What you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what everyone else is talking about. The issue is latency and jitter. You're talking about auto quantizing. The machine/software is immediately "fixing" your mistakes. Of COURSE your notes are perfectly on grid, because you have "time correct" enabled. This is a feature/function of your sequencer, it has nothing to do with latency or jitter.

And any modern DAW can do that, including Pro Tools. In PT it's called "Input Quantize", and it works perfectly. I don't know why you had so much trouble using DAWs for sequencing, but I do complex MIDI sequencing in an older machine (WinXP, PT HD8) every day, and have absolutely NO problems. No perceived latency (hit key or pad, and sound is instantaneous), and no MIDI jitter that I EVER noticed. Performance is always exactly as I played it, and just like an MPC, if I have "Input Quantize" enabled, every note is perfectly quantized in real time, like it should be. Even when looping a section, it's seamless and glitch-free.

This is the case no matter which input device I use, or whether I use my MOTU MIDI interface or USB direct to host. And in case you're wondering, yes, I have A LOT of experience using MPCs. Used them for 15 years before switching to DAW sequencing, and for me, there's never been a difference in timing performance.
Then my point is clear there's no latency on the stand alone MPCs nor problem eith it. I never said it was latency lol MP3 said that wad the case nit me. Lol
If you're now telling me its a quantizing issue that's a whole diiferent story than what Mp3 was talking about. And basically it was JUST HIM not everyone else.
Its not a huge problem now but i still shouldnt have to highlight my midi hits and hit quantize. I have no problem in straight drum patterns and I have the quantize on. Its when I do complex drums or piano playing this happens.

I even put it on timing 64. If you don't know why then I definitely don't know but i know what will solve it. That MPCx. If my stuff ran smooth as you're claiming I wouldn't get it there would be no need.

Im using Reason 9 and Studio One 3 what are you using and what's your reso buffer settings? I wanna try something today get back to me.
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Holy s*** where in the heezy did you get that info? Dammmmm man lol thank you.

The Live looks like the touch. Where is Petty Cash at lol

Man there is going to be a lot pissed of MPC Touch people whew! SD card reader in the back don't like that I would have to reach behind this unit.

Man Akai is about to kill it once again.

Wonder the price range on this. $699?
The Rumor is $899.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post
The Rumor is $899.
Hummmmm. Ok.
It might be MSRP AT $899 but at RP $699 that eould would be best for them because it will fly off the shelf. Im already prepared that MPCx will be $1,999.99. If its lower I would be shocked.

But you might be right.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
I've got all of those (iMac instead of MBP), MPC60, MPC Touch, SP 1200...and I still want it. LoL.
Dammmmm you're MPC greedy save some for us lol

Kaykay the Producer she got all the MPCs. She got like 2 MPC 2000xl's, three 3000s for no dam reason lol she got a room full of gear.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

The more I look at the X the sexy'er it becomes and with the USB to the 2.0 software wow!!!!!!

But I just can't justify spending $1500-2000 and besides be able to do music stand alone it really doesn't bring nothing nu at all, (for me) Ableton can do everything the MPC can do times 10 without Push2 (but of course I have Push 2)and I'm at the point where I wanna do everything in one place... Lol still paying CC bills for stuff I bought last year and if I do add something it will be a synth (pro 2) I actually wanna spend more time mastering the tools I already have, so at this time I'm gonna pass but y'all go ahead and pick it up and I'll be checking in to see how it goes because a gear slut never says never
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedZip View Post

https://s28.postimg.org/vubgy8gn1/p_K0a3o_I.jpg

Uses the same screen sample as the MPCX image, but looks the same as the leaked real life photo.

Here are the screenshots from the quickstart guide that popped up on the FCC site:

EDIT: And some more MPC Live pictures.
You think you can get what you got for the Live and get specs for the MPCx? Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
The more I look at the X the sexy'er it becomes and with the USB to the 2.0 software wow!!!!!!

But I just can't justify spending $1500-2000 and besides be able to do music stand alone it really doesn't bring nothing nu at all, (for me) Ableton can do everything the MPC can do times 10 without Push2 (but of course I have Push 2)and I'm at the point where I wanna do everything in one place... Lol still paying CC bills for stuff I bought last year and if I do add something it will be a synth (pro 2) I actually wanna spend more time mastering the tools I already have, so at this time I'm gonna pass but y'all go ahead and pick it up and I'll be checking in to see how it goes because a gear slut never says never
I said its sexier thab a mug lol yo I got my $2,000
Wrapped up in a dam clip cause when it drop ima just buy it. The hell with installments. I got one nice check and got another one coming. ima get the Presonus Fader 8 also cause i plan on mixing in Reason and S1. I love that Presonus got a map for the entire reason 9 set. Then i can use one mixer for both environments. How sweet is life man? lol I don't wanna hear nothing about no dam latency or buffers or any of the likes.

2017 is starting off right for me. I am freakin loving this. I got the new i7 PC blown out.
Ima get a nice mixing desk and I'm looking at Ovatone monitors and Adams monitors and Im done.
Im going to invest in some SSD drives. I don't know what to do with my old scsi MPC 2000xl's drives now. Technology boy I tell ya smh.

I almost went back to the 2000xl but now I can breathe again and get the X and be done for years to come. And trust me ima learn that X like the back of my hand. Do you know how ima feel not having to worry about fixing my sequenced drums? Man its a blessing and its right on time!

I will look at the day when you tell us that you bought it lol now thats a real gear slut lol
Old 3rd January 2017
Man too bad im broke.... :(
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Beats View Post
Man too bad im broke.... :(
Awwwwwhhhhh dam .
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

I have drum racks for Ableton that will make you never even look at another mpc again lol. Based around 128s (im not sure if youre familiar). being able to put a different kick on each midi value and at the turn of a knob, scroll through 128 different samples (0-127), then being able to do that for as many pads as you wish (snare/hat etc) is a God send!
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I have drum racks for Ableton that will make you never even look at another mpc again lol. Based around 128s (im not sure if youre familiar). being able to put a different kick on each midi value and at the turn of a knob, scroll through 128 different samples (0-127), then being able to do that for as many pads as you wish (snare/hat etc) is a God send!
Hey can we hear that drum track please?
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah bro I'm up on that already, one of the reasons I love ableton is because the program is like a supa sampler in itself.....

@danoc he said drum rack(ableton device) not drum track!
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey can we hear that drum track please?
Drum rack is an Ableton device that allows you to load drum samples (or anything really) in various ways from something as basic as a sample per pad or something far more complex (my preferred method)
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah bro I'm up on that already, one of the reasons I love ableton is because the program is like a supa sampler in itself.....

@danoc he said drum rack(ableton device) not drum track!
I agree, its a beautiful thing.

Have you tried using arpeggiators to do note repeats?

I could list a hundred more things but I know its off topic so I'll let the thread live.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Drum rack is an Ableton device that allows you to load drum samples (or anything really) in various ways from something as basic as a sample per pad or something far more complex (my preferred method)
I know you said drum rack. I wanted to hear a drum track from you. Now that you mentioned it the complex one.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know you said drum rack. I wanted to hear a drum track from you. Now that you mentioned it the complex one.
Why?
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Why?
Curiosity? He's not a cat, it won't kill him.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why?
Really? You're asking why?
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedZip View Post
Curiosity? He's not a cat, it won't kill him.
Exactly! !!!!!
Were you able to get specs on that X? And a pic of the back if it? I been searching all ova and nothin.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man there is going to be a lot pissed of MPC Touch people whew! SD card reader in the back don't like that I would have to reach behind this unit.
That's what I was saying when the Live was first mentioned here. A little over a year later after people bought the Touch, a new unit with the same form factor comes out and offers some of those people what they've been wanting all along, a complete standalone mode in addition to working as a controller for the MPC computer software.

I'm glad I decided to pass on the Touch.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Exactly! !!!!!
Were you able to get specs on that X? And a pic of the back if it? I been searching all ova and nothin.

Last edited by danoc; 3rd January 2017 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: Messd
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
That's what I was saying when the Live was first mentioned here. A little over a year later after people bought the Touch, a new unit with the same form factor comes out and offers some of those people what they've been wanting all along, a complete standalone mode in addition to working as a controller for the MPC computer software.

I'm glad I decided to pass on the Touch.
lol who you telling man me too. Glad I didn't go for the Black or 2000xl. I listened to you on this and another guy who I don't remember here. He told me don't go for signal upgrade my O to O2 and boy I am glad I listened. I got way over the bang for buck with O2 especially with the huge lot of patch banks that go in it.

Once I got that in my studio dudes aint going to see me lol
I can't wait
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really? You're asking why?
Um.. yes I'm asking why?

I'm curious why you're asking to hear a drum track from me? Kind of an odd request
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

I don't see the big deal about an SD card behind the unit.

32-64 gb is going to last you a while but when it comes to transfer its easy and no so inconvenient.

The X is also coming with USB for connection to computer but also for data transfer no doubt.

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
I don't see the big deal about an SD card behind the unit.

32-64 gb is going to last you a while but when it comes to transfer its easy and no so inconvenient.

The X is also coming with USB for connection to computer but also for data transfer no doubt.

Cheers
I don't like reaching in the back of equipment especially fora SD card.

That's sweet I will be able to transfer back and forth.
That function is on the top list of whst I wanted
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Um.. yes I'm asking why?

I'm curious why you're asking to hear a drum track from me? Kind of an odd request
Not odd at all you wete bragging on Ab Live Drum Rack so I wanted to see what all your fuss was about. Especially when you said smack wouldn't wanna look at the MPCx again.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

I have a Tascam DP-32 and although the SD card is on the back it is very unintrusive.
Just reach over and boom there it is.

Like feeling inside a pair of panties for that sweetness.

Probably gonna get banned for that comment but hey it's the truth.

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
I have a Tascam DP-32 and although the SD card is on the back it is very unintrusive.
Just reach over and boom there it is.

Like feeling inside a pair of panties for that sweetness.

Probably gonna get banned for that comment but hey it's the truth.

Cheers
lol haahaaaha. Yo if I go into some panties I go for the FRONT That's where the sweetness is! lol I like how the X is set up not messin with the Live. I want that beast.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol haahaaaha. Yo if I go into some panties I go for the FRONT That's where the sweetness is! lol I like how the X is set up not messin with the Live. I want that beast.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search