The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville101 View Post
I agree that's why I'm keeping my toraiz, what it lacks in features it makes up for in sound. Toraiz and live should make a good combo plus I still own a few older legacy mpcs including the 3000 and 60
Oh hell man if you have all those MPCs you shoukd be good on the sound you want.

When l want that lush, warm tube sound l know exactly what to use. Thats why l miss my Yamaha O2R digital mixer.

Aren't you planning to run the live through a mixer? What mixer do you have at the moment?
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
When l want that lush, warm tube sound l know exactly what to use. Thats why l miss my Yamaha O2R digital mixer.
Warm tube sound and Yamaha 02R? Oxymoron, if there ever was one...
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Fanu;12380842]Yes. I'm still undecided between Live/X, but stoked about the thought of being able to route its outs to my old Soundcraft.[/QUOTE
For me it was price if I had the extra cash I would have bought the mpc x but I just picked up the analog heat and the toraiz not long ago.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
These guys either got the MPCs or they just fishing for suckers to get locked on the preorder!

Akai MPC X Standalone Sampler & Sequencer | PSSL

I never ordered from them, my only experience with them was ordering a catalog by phone and it arrived 5 months later but thats beside the point.
They say tomorrow they will have it. So l put in to let me know when it arrives. 17% off not bad.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh hell man if you have all those MPCs you shoukd be good on the sound you want.

Tube sound from a digital mixer?
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Ville101;12380971]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
Yes. I'm still undecided between Live/X, but stoked about the thought of being able to route its outs to my old Soundcraft.[/QUOTE
For me it was price if I had the extra cash I would have bought the mpc x but I just picked up the analog heat and the toraiz not long ago.
I bet they sound dope!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Tube sound from a digital mixer?
Yep when l had the tube mic connected lol
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep when l had the tube mic connected lol
Ah! Makes sense. Thought you had some super-elite digital tube haxx1ng going on in it!
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

Aren't you planning to run the live through a mixer? What mixer do you have at the moment?
I'm using an Allen Heath board.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Warm tube sound and Yamaha 02R? Oxymoron, if there ever was one...
Let me ask you do or did you ever have a an O2R?

And for the record again calling names smh on MLK DAY!
Tube mics have a grit to it and the O2R had that.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Fanu;12380977]
Quote:

I bet they sound dope!
Yea I'm satisfied. Can't wait to add the live.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ah! Makes sense. Thought you had some super-elite digital tube haxx1ng going on in it!
Hell nah lol now that was funny lol
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

I have a bad habit of holding on to gear no Matter what. Over the years I have bought lots of gear and I usually just stash it in the attic rather then sell it.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Let me ask you do or did you ever have a an O2R?

Tube mics have a grit to it and the O2R had that.
Never owned one, but recorded on it many times.

Cold, sterile sound...

When it hit, people were so excited, because of the moving faders and everything snapping into place...but honestly, at that time a Soundtracs Topaz, which costed like 1/4 of it, kicked its ass sonically by like 4x...
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
They say tomorrow they will have it. So l put in to let me know when it arrives. 17% off not bad.
I did too just to see if its true, I doubt it though because the software is still not finished and Akai reps also say its not finished. Anyway gave them one of my bs email address.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ain't calling no names...just telling it like it is.

And, the best part right now about MLK day, with all the BS going on with the orange thingy...NBA and its slate of games, especially Warriors - Cavs!!! Go Dubs!!!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm using an Allen Heath board.
Oh ok. You have the AH ZED 14 OR The Xzone PS5? They make some dope boards
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
I did too just to see if its true, I doubt it though because the software is still not finished and Akai reps also say its not finished. Anyway gave them one of my bs email address.
So will they still begin shipping in feb/march
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Oh ok. You have the AH ZED 14 OR The Xzone PS5? They make some dope boards
Zed 22
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ain't calling no names...just telling it like it is.

And, the best part right now about MLK day, with all the BS going on with the orange thingy...NBA and its slate of games, especially Warriors - Cavs!!! Go Dubs!!!
You never had an O2R so you don't know the sound. So who's the oxymoron now?! Just telling it how l see it.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
You never had an O2R so you don't know the sound. So who's the oxymoron now?! Just telling it how l see it.
First of all, an oxymoron is a comparison between two things, so technically I alone can't be one, unless I'm being conflated with something.

...and, did you not read the part where I said I recorded on it many times? That gave me a direct experience with it.

It's a cold, sterile sounding console. Which is not just my uncorroborated take, it's pretty much the consensus AFAICT...
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
First of all, an oxymoron is a comparison between two things, so technically I alone can't be one, unless I'm being conflated with something.

...and, did you not read the part where I said I recorded on it many times? That gave me a direct experience with it.

It's a cold, sterile sounding console. Which is not just my uncorroborated take, it's pretty much the consensus AFAICT...
No l didnt read it! You were on one and said its a cold sterile console? Nah wrong info its not. Im on you tube many vids of me and its sitting right there. You must be talking about the newer version the Yamaha O2R 24/96 now that was transparent, cold and whatever you wanna call it. And l had that one too. Im on youtube with that one too.

So take away the oxy and keep the moron part.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
So will they still begin shipping in feb/march
They not even sure yet but its definitely not ready. 2.0 needs more work.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Zed 22
Ok . lt reminds me of the Mackie board which l started on in the early 90s.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Ok . lt reminds me of the Mackie board which l started on in the early 90s.
Yea i went to the Heath from a studio live.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Lol omg.. can't write this stuff
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yea i went to the Heath from a studio live.
Thats a quality board and Allen & Heath got some dope digital boards but they are up there in price.

Somebody is coming out with a dope azz board but l for got who it is.

Last edited by danoc; 17th January 2017 at 12:28 AM..
Old 17th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Thats a quality board and Allen & Heath got some dope digital boards but they are up there in price.

Somebody is coming out with a dope azz bosrd but l for got who it is.
Didn't like the sound of the presonus
Old 17th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually, if this forum is any indication, A&H has really dropped the ball with their digital consoles. Very bad CS, precipitous price drops, numerous issues with SW/Firmware, general problems with functionality, unfulfilled promises, etc...

Again, if you payed any attention to the concerns their customer base had, you'd be foolish to take a risk and jump on board with them.

...though as they say, and I hate to use the cliche, but YMMV...(if you're lucky I guess)
Old 17th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually, if this forum is any indication, A&H has really dropped the ball with their digital consoles. Very bad CS, precipitous price drops, numerous issues with SW/Firmware, general problems with functionality, unfulfilled promises, etc...

Again, if you payed any attention to the concerns their customer base had, you'd be foolish to take a risk and jump on board with them.

...though as they say, and I hate to use the cliche, but YMMV...(if you're lucky I guess)
lol your preception is classic lol l never even leaned to type l was getting one. Im an SSL man and if l were to get a bonified board that's what l would get

Know 2 people who have the AH GLD-112 and they (one female and one male) have no issues and they praise it so....

Im not tracking AH customer base. So ummm...

All lm tracking now is that dam MPCx that's it!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search