The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 30th December 2016
  #61
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
Did roger linn set out to make the Mpc for the hip hop community etc, and people are still using his maschine 2016.
I doubt he did; but that does not disprove my point, about his current wave of creativity being out of touch with the majority of producers
Old 31st December 2016
  #62
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post

Why do you keep asking for me to show you some kind of "proof" in regards to which daws are as "tight" as an mpc?

Its common knowlege that its a non issue anymore, these posts make me feel like I went back in time 15 years.

You use Reason correct? I believe I read somewhere that Reason's ppqn value is something like 15,000 and exports at 960 ppqn.

If you want to use an mpc that is fine, I am not here to argue that (Im not here to argue anything really as I am not wrong about anything I have posted lol).

And i said to you Studio one, Protools and Reason by fact midi squencer is not tighter than the MPC period. See i have R9 and S1 and had PT. Im saying to you those DAWs are not tight as the MPC. Common knowledge is your saying you see how i gave you up to date proof?

But in the end you're wrong because all DAWs are not all caught up and that's facts.

In the end if the MPCx is tight I will get it it will suit my purpose.
Old 31st December 2016
  #63
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
And i said to you Studio one, Protools and Reason by fact midi squencer is not tighter than the MPC period. See i have R9 and S1 and had PT. Im saying to you those DAWs are not tight as the MPC. Common knowledge is your saying you see how i gave you up to date proof?

But in the end you're wrong because all DAWs are not all caught up and that's facts.

In the end if the MPCx is tight I will get it it will suit my purpose.
Im not wrong at all.

You have shown time and time again in these threads that you make these statements that simply do not make sense.

Do your thing
Old 31st December 2016
  #64
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
I doubt he did; but that does not disprove my point, about his current wave of creativity being out of touch with the majority of producers
While he does make niche products,I'm not sure he's out of touch, isn't the linn strument like push ,
Old 31st December 2016
  #65
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

I see both sides here, yes latency is involved when using computers but with computer's being so powerful now it is at a minimal at least for me and I'm on a 2012-13 quad core i7 Mac mini, it's never a problem here and I keep the buffer size at 64 in logic and 128 in ableton and everything feels very instant and tight.. On the flip side stand alone MPC's don't have this latency issue but I wouldn't necessarily say they are tighter when computer's sequence at a much higher resolution! What I will say is that the mpc' s sequencer just feels so damn good, its just something about how it pulls sounds together, no need to argue that as us older heads have all had one at one point or another!
1
Share
Old 31st December 2016
  #66
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
I see both sides here, yes latency is involved when using computers but with computer's being so powerful now it is at a minimal at least for me and I'm on a 2012-13 quad core i7 Mac mini, it's never a problem here and I keep the buffer size at 64 in logic and 128 in ableton and everything feels very instant and tight.. On the flip side stand alone MPC's don't have this latency issue but I wouldn't necessarily say they are tighter when computer's sequence at a much higher resolution! What I will say is that the mpc' s sequencer just feels so damn good, its just something about how it pulls sounds together, no need to argue that as us older heads have all had one at one point or another!
Your key word was minimal. Its not like that for me when I do complex drum patterns. I mean if its happening to me today in both DAWs at 64 0r 128 or 256 whatever i find myself fixing ythe midi notes. I never had that problem. To me if Im dealing with not latency I don't have to deal with any reso now do I? I agree the MPC feels natural under my fingers. And Im going to get wicked even faster.
Old 31st December 2016
  #67
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Im not wrong at all.

You have shown time and time again in these threads that you make these statements that simply do not make sense.

Do your thing
I make no sense yet the ish is happening to me in bonified DAWs smh
Oh Ima do my thing for sure and get crazier when I get that MPC X!!!! lol
Old 31st December 2016
  #68
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

@danoc what's your computer specs if you don't mind me asking?
Old 31st December 2016
  #69
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
@danoc what's your computer specs if you don't mind me asking?
My specs are OS Win 7, 16 gigbyte ram, 3.0 buss speed, 2 TB HD. I have a new i7 Win 10 , 64 gig ram, 4.0 buss speed, 2 tb HD. I didnt put that on yet next year i wiil im doing a lot sessions.
Old 31st December 2016
  #70
Lives for gear
 

I actually started off on MPC's before moving to strictly software (around Reason 2.5, Logic 7 time) for the past 10 years or so. I never noticed any timing differences between the two when playing back my sequences. Then again, I've never played them side by side.

About a year ago I picked up a MPC 4000 mostly just to change my workflow since it got kind of boring after 10 years of being ITB. I have to say that the input latency on the two is similar (when lower buffer sizes are used) but the tightness of the sequences upon playback is not even close. The first few ideas I pounded out on the 4000 were eye opening.

Before you folks start off about system speed, sample buffers and midi drivers, just know that I have an 8 core Mac Pro, crazy ram, SSD, etc. It has nothing to do with how fast my system is. The VI's in Logic behave similarly on every respectable system I've used.
Old 31st December 2016
  #71
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

I ain't gonna argue about that 4 thouwow it is truly special but again I feel it's just the way the mpc handles midi... Asr 10,Sp 12 (nice groove and bounce as well), MV 8000 are all stand alone sampling/sequencing workstations and none of them groove the same if you ask me and that why people love mpc's is because of its bounce/groove or some may say tightness
1
Share
Old 31st December 2016
  #72
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
I ain't gonna argue about that 4 thouwow it is truly special but again I feel it's just the way the mpc handles midi... Asr 10,Sp 12 (nice groove and bounce as well), MV 8000 are all stand alone sampling/sequencing workstations and none of them groove the same if you ask me and that why people love mpc's is because of its bounce/groove or some may say tightness
Profound words!!!!!!!!
Nothing beats that bounce you're talking about from the MPC.
Old 31st December 2016
  #73
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
When buying a million dollar car, youre buying into not just luxury but exclusivity, you make the purchase as a toy to enjoy if and when you are able. When purchasing a piece of equipment for working (this could be an mpc or a cannon camera or maybe a carpenter saw), you buy into not just the product but also what it can do for you. Now, the question is, what can it do for you that you are unable to already do?
People often make purchases like these for both work and play. People often make equipment purchases that they don't actually NEED based on satisfying WANTS that they personally enjoy. No one needs a million dollar car, but those still get sold all the time. No one needs a multi-million dollar house, but again those get sold all the time (In some markets, an average detached home will now run you about a million). No one needs the MPC X when you can choose from the MPC Live if you need standalone, or the MPC Touch, and MPC Studio if you don't, but.... People often make purchases that they don't necessarily need in order to get by. Production wise, the MPC X falls into that category.

In terms of the product being a piece of production equipment, the price point of the MPC X will make it more exclusive than any of the current MPC software/controller products that people are rocking, and the MPC Live that will sit one tier below it. Aside from the MPC Live, the MPC X will be more sophisticated than any other standalone MPC-style drum machine before it. That fact alone puts it into a must-have category for a lot of the production hardware enthusiasts out there.

What can it do for you? I think a better question would be "What can't it do for you?" in comparison to other possible standalone hardware options old and new. If it ends up just being a Ren-like box with a multi-touch display, that can run MPC 2.0 without hooking the device up to a computer, they're going to win over a lot of potential customers. If it offers something even more compelling than that, they might even convince me to check one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I am far from an akai hater lol, I am, however, someone that dislikes a company that releases products based solely on a client's perception of that product, then drops it or leaves it with bugs and unfulfilled promises (not speaking only about akai here).

When I mention "client perception" I am talking about those that see a standalone mpc and say "omg I can do this or that now wow ahhh! Its only $2500" lol.

Im sure they will sell a ton, however, Ill place a bet with anyone for anything that months after they sell that ton, these forums will be riddled with complaints.. Any takers?

You don't have to be an "AKAI hater" in order to share a pessimistic point of view. Everyone is fully entitled to express their opinions, and your POV is certainly reasonable. Serious buyers for a product like this though aren't going to be the "ooo ahhh" type going bonkers over this new product. They're the type of person who most likely enjoyed working with the MPC Ren, but would have liked if they could have used it without hooking it up to a computer. The type of guy who still walks into a room full of production hardware when getting down to business, where most of the other stuff cost about the same amount of money as the MPC X if not more. The MPC X is most likely not going to be the "It" product for those who already enjoy working with the drum machine controllers they're using right now with their laptop full of virtual instruments.

That bet you want to place is a safe one, and you can almost guarantee that you'll see a similar amount of complaints over the MPC Live as well.
Old 31st December 2016
  #74
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
People often make purchases like these for both work and play. People often make equipment purchases that they don't actually NEED based on satisfying WANTS that they personally enjoy. No one needs a million dollar car, but those still get sold all the time. No one needs a multi-million dollar house, but again those get sold all the time (In some markets, an average detached home will now run you about a million). No one needs the MPC X when you can choose from the MPC Live if you need standalone, or the MPC Touch, and MPC Studio if you don't, but.... People often make purchases that they don't necessarily need in order to get by. Production wise, the MPC X falls into that category.

In terms of the product being a piece of production equipment, the price point of the MPC X will make it more exclusive than any of the current MPC software/controller products that people are rocking, and the MPC Live that will sit one tier below it. Aside from the MPC Live, the MPC X will be more sophisticated than any other standalone MPC-style drum machine before it. That fact alone puts it into a must-have category for a lot of the production hardware enthusiasts out there.

What can it do for you? I think a better question would be "What can't it do for you?" in comparison to other possible standalone hardware options old and new. If it ends up just being a Ren-like box with a multi-touch display, that can run MPC 2.0 without hooking the device up to a computer, they're going to win over a lot of potential customers. If it offers something even more compelling than that, they might even convince me to check one out.



You don't have to be an "AKAI hater" in order to share a pessimistic point of view. Everyone is fully entitled to express their opinions, and your POV is certainly reasonable. Serious buyers for a product like this though aren't going to be the "ooo ahhh" type going bonkers over this new product. They're the type of person who most likely enjoyed working with the MPC Ren, but would have liked if they could have used it without hooking it up to a computer. The type of guy who still walks into a room full of production hardware when getting down to business, where most of the other stuff cost about the same amount of money as the MPC X if not more. The MPC X is most likely not going to be the "It" product for those who already enjoy working with the drum machine controllers they're using right now with their laptop full of virtual instruments.

That bet you want to place is a safe one, and you can almost guarantee that you'll see a similar amount of complaints over the MPC Live as well.
When I asked you did the MPC Black rock like that of the mpc2000xl on the midi tip did you not say wait and see what MPC Live brings because the MPC black may not be tight as the stand alone MPC?

Whats the differences between the Live And X? Is Live smaller?
Old 31st December 2016
  #75
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Fire View Post
I actually started off on MPC's before moving to strictly software (around Reason 2.5, Logic 7 time) for the past 10 years or so. I never noticed any timing differences between the two when playing back my sequences. Then again, I've never played them side by side.

About a year ago I picked up a MPC 4000 mostly just to change my workflow since it got kind of boring after 10 years of being ITB. I have to say that the input latency on the two is similar (when lower buffer sizes are used) but the tightness of the sequences upon playback is not even close. The first few ideas I pounded out on the 4000 were eye opening.

Before you folks start off about system speed, sample buffers and midi drivers, just know that I have an 8 core Mac Pro, crazy ram, SSD, etc. It has nothing to do with how fast my system is. The VI's in Logic behave similarly on every respectable system I've used.
Me too. I use to do entire songs ob my mpc2000xl. I got Reason 3 and i noticed a big difference in midi being on point. I hated having to fix the midi notes and placing them on the one hit.
Im at Reason 9 and some titimes doing complex
Drums I have to fix the midi. Can't even hit quantize some times cause the midi notes will slide under one another so i use a mouse to fix it.

Are you plannig o. Getting the MPC X or Live?
Old 31st December 2016
  #76
Lives for gear
 

The memory of the MPC 2000xl was great. Putting on the fat black pads made the experience greater. I know that MPC in and out. Like someone said its built like a tank and compact.
Old 31st December 2016
  #77
Lives for gear
 
viewing's Avatar
thanks danoc for acknowledging the recording problems with daws and midi. funny how nobody else, especially the fanboys, ever made a peep about that after i said it

and yes, this is the entire problem with daws and midi. this is the elephant in the room that was swept under the rug many years ago once things went itb


RECORDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they just carry on talking about no midi problems in daws compared to standalone classic machines without ever ever ever (for ever ever?) mentioning the main thing that got thrown out many years ago when everything went in the box (recording accuracy of live midi notes)

and to the people saying nothing grooves or swings like such and such, you can give me any machine from that era mv/mp/sp/cs etc etc etc and i will make it groove and you would not guess what machine i used

they are all the same, with the common denominator being they have solid and accurate RECORDING OF MIDI NOTES IN REALTIME, WITH NO LATENCY

and the most hilarious part is they expect this lie to fly..... while using usb midi
1
Share
Old 31st December 2016
  #78
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewing View Post
thanks danoc for acknowledging the recording problems with daws and midi. funny how nobody else, especially the fanboys, ever made a peep about that after i said it

and yes, this is the entire problem with daws and midi. this is the elephant in the room that was swept under the rug many years ago once things went itb


RECORDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they just carry on talking about no midi problems in daws compared to standalone classic machines without ever ever ever (for ever ever?) mentioning the main thing that got thrown out many years ago when everything went in the box (recording accuracy of live midi notes)

and to the people saying nothing grooves or swings like such and such, you can give me any machine from that era mv/mp/sp/cs etc etc etc and i will make it groove and you would not guess what machine i used

they are all the same, with the common denominator being they have solid and accurate RECORDING OF MIDI NOTES IN REALTIME, WITH NO LATENCY

and the most hilarious part is they expect this lie to fly..... while using usb midi
DAWs are not PERFECT! They help us capture what have in our heads and we are able to put down the maximum of our talent.
When I see a person say in a thread they put the reso on 64 then switch back to 1024 to mix there is a problem!

When I had the MPC 2000xl my play notes would flip around perfect without the end of the loop clipping. When I tried that in Protools at the end of the loop it would clip. So I was forced to track out the entire track.that was tedious and time consuming. This lead me to record inside the box.
The idea of a standalone that can transfer my complexed drum patterns via midi from the mpc to the PC would be dope. I can stay in the box and make my patterns quickly without compromise.

When a person tells me its common knowledge ALL DAW midi has caught up to the precise tightness of the MPC I can't take them serious. Me having 3 DAWs this day and having midi problems when doing complex midi drums shows me DAWs have not caught even ALL DAWs have not caught up. Its a dam myth.

This MPC as Petty Cash told me i should waut for may solve my problem.
1
Share
Old 1st January 2017
  #79
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
The memory of the MPC 2000xl was great. Putting on the fat black pads made the experience greater. I know that MPC in and out. Like someone said its built like a tank and compact.
A better pic with some specs

Standalone MPC computer unnecessary
• 10-inch multi-color multi-touch display
• MPC 2.0 software
• Two turntable connections (with ground wire)
• Built-in storage 16 GB (including 10 GB sound samples)
• 2.5 inch SATA drive (SSD / HDD)
• MIDI input x 2 output x 2
• Audio output x 6, headphone jack x 2
• CV / Gate output (analog)
• USB-A 3.0 x 2, USB memory, MIDI controller connectable

It can't be that far from release
Attached Thumbnails
Mpc X-image.jpg  
Old 1st January 2017
  #80
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
A better pic with some specs

Standalone MPC computer unnecessary
• 10-inch multi-color multi-touch display
• MPC 2.0 software
• Two turntable connections (with ground wire)
• Built-in storage 16 GB (including 10 GB sound samples)
• 2.5 inch SATA drive (SSD / HDD)
• MIDI input x 2 output x 2
• Audio output x 6, headphone jack x 2
• CV / Gate output (analog)
• USB-A 3.0 x 2, USB memory, MIDI controller connectable

It can't be that far from release
You like teasing me dontcha? Man i am going to kill you lol You enjoy torturing me lmao

DAM THAT IS ONE SEXY MOTHA ***** lol
Where in the hell did you get that info?

You don't even need a dam computer with that thing. OMG!!!

Has SD card attachment. Nice!

It doesn't say it will take vsts. If it says later it does its over! Akai will have best machine

Those specs are tight!
It has the usb i was looking for! Dam! I wanna know if we can convert our loops internally in 16 or 24 bit and send it via usb to our computer. And you can connect a midi keyboard directly into it. Thats hot. Its ova! I knew it would be touch screen and I love thst the screen tilts up.

Hold up is that stereo buss meter display i see on it? Oh my gawd!

Last edited by danoc; 1st January 2017 at 03:48 AM..
Old 1st January 2017
  #81
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Whats the differences between the Live And X? Is Live smaller?
Based on the info floating around the internet so far, MPC Live shares the same form factor as the MPC Touch, but unlike the Touch, it can work as a completely standalone unit when not hooked up to a computer.

MPC X's form factor is pretty much similar to the MPC Ren, but with a big multi-touch display. Unlike the MPC Live, it physically looks like a flagship MPC unit rather than a toy, but that's my personal opinion.
Old 1st January 2017
  #82
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Those specs are tight!
It has the usb i was looking for! Dam! I wanna know if we can convert our loops internally in 16 or 24 bit and send it via usb to our computer. And you can connect a midi keyboard directly into it. Thats hot. Its ova! I knew it would be touch screen and I love thst the screen tilts up.
Lol, I told you it would probably be something worth waiting for. You can work as you use to with the unit as standalone hardware, then hook it up to the computer, open up the MPC 2.0 software to load up your project, then drag and drop each track straight into your DAW.
1
Share
Old 1st January 2017
  #83
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewing View Post
thanks danoc for acknowledging the recording problems with daws and midi. funny how nobody else, especially the fanboys, ever made a peep about that after i said it

and yes, this is the entire problem with daws and midi. this is the elephant in the room that was swept under the rug many years ago once things went itb


RECORDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they just carry on talking about no midi problems in daws compared to standalone classic machines without ever ever ever (for ever ever?) mentioning the main thing that got thrown out many years ago when everything went in the box (recording accuracy of live midi notes)

and to the people saying nothing grooves or swings like such and such, you can give me any machine from that era mv/mp/sp/cs etc etc etc and i will make it groove and you would not guess what machine i used

they are all the same, with the common denominator being they have solid and accurate RECORDING OF MIDI NOTES IN REALTIME, WITH NO LATENCY

and the most hilarious part is they expect this lie to fly..... while using usb midi
Yeah it may not bother some as much as it bothers you and for me its not such a big problem, ableton is pretty good at taking in exactly what I play and Yes we all know that hardware does not have latency , gees some people speak on things like they were the only one to have them,please stop it! I don't care what you say you'll never make an MV swing/bounce like an MPC... Something the the hardware fanboys never talk about is tracking beats out and saving beats if you had an mpc and a few modules you know what I'm talking about ,now that is a real chore and that alone is what made me drop hardware for SW, that was the trade off for me 1.A bit of latency and just hitting save one time and everything comes back up just like I left it. or 2.Having midi notes played exactly how I played them then saving in a few different machines(**** I use to just leave mine on until I tracked it out,was scared to cut things off in fear of not being able to pull back up all my sounds) then taking and hr to track things out which was a hole other head ache!!!!
5
Share
Old 1st January 2017
  #84
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Lol, I told you it would probably be something worth waiting for. You can work as you use to with the unit as standalone hardware, then hook it up to the computer, open up the MPC 2.0 software to load up your project, then drag and drop each track straight into your DAW.
PC yo man I love you man lol and thats why i listened to you but dam you didn't tell me it would be this dam delicious lol man do you know how I fell right now?
Old 1st January 2017
  #85
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Based on the info floating around the internet so far, MPC Live shares the same form factor as the MPC Touch, but unlike the Touch, it can work as a completely standalone unit when not hooked up to a computer.

MPC X's form factor is pretty much similar to the MPC Ren, but with a big multi-touch display. Unlike the MPC Live, it physically looks like a flagship MPC unit rather than a toy, but that's my personal opinion.
Anyone that says the MPCx looks like a toy I will stop talking to them lol
Old 1st January 2017
  #86
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yeah it may not bother some as much as it bothers you and for me its not such a big problem, ableton is pretty good at taking in exactly what I play and Yes we all know that hardware does not have latency , gees some people speak on things like they were the only one to have them,please stop it! I don't care what you say you'll never make an MV swing/bounce like an MPC... Something the the hardware fanboys never talk about is tracking beats out and saving beats if you had an mpc and a few modules you know what I'm talking about ,now that is a real chore and that alone is what made me drop hardware for SW, that was the trade off for me 1.A bit of latency and just hitting save one time and everything comes back up just like I left it. or 2.Having midi notes played exactly how I played them then saving in a few different machines(**** I use to just leave mine on until I tracked it out,was scared to cut things off in fear of not being able to pull back up all my sounds) then taking and hr to track things out which was a hole other head ache!!!!
Dam! Man you went through what went through. Not only was tracking out crazy but when you save it the file was huge. Thats why i produce in four bar loops the stretch it out . When I save it, its not that big. Thats why I went SW too and Reason saved me.

This new MPCx is wonderful this is what I been waiting for and can stay inside the box and di some amazing things.

Are you thinking about getting either of the new MPC's? Im going for the gusto, the MPCx.
Old 1st January 2017
  #87
Lives for gear
 

I'm up for the MPCx without a doubt.

Gonna be calling my Sweetwater rep this week to get an order in.

Cheers
Old 1st January 2017
  #88
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Dam! Man you went through what went through. Not only was tracking out crazy but when you save it the file was huge. Thats why i produce in four bar loops the stretch it out . When I save it, its not that big. Thats why I went SW too and Reason saved me.

This new MPCx is wonderful this is what I been waiting for and can stay inside the box and di some amazing things.

Are you thinking about getting either of the new MPC's? Im going for the gusto, the MPCx.
Yeah my heart is saying yeah go for it but my mind is saying wait until it comes out and the dust settles!
1
Share
Old 1st January 2017
  #89
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yeah my heart is saying yeah go for it but my mind is saying wait until it comes out and the dust settles!
Happy new year to all you guys. My new year reso is GET THST DAM MPCX LOL

Either way sounds like you're gettung it lol
1
Share
Old 1st January 2017
  #90
Lives for gear
 
viewing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yeah it may not bother some as much as it bothers you and for me its not such a big problem, ableton is pretty good at taking in exactly what I play and Yes we all know that hardware does not have latency , gees some people speak on things like they were the only one to have them,please stop it! I don't care what you say you'll never make an MV swing/bounce like an MPC... Something the the hardware fanboys never talk about is tracking beats out and saving beats if you had an mpc and a few modules you know what I'm talking about ,now that is a real chore and that alone is what made me drop hardware for SW, that was the trade off for me 1.A bit of latency and just hitting save one time and everything comes back up just like I left it. or 2.Having midi notes played exactly how I played them then saving in a few different machines(**** I use to just leave mine on until I tracked it out,was scared to cut things off in fear of not being able to pull back up all my sounds) then taking and hr to track things out which was a hole other head ache!!!!
i guess daw recording isn't bad for midi, just that everything has to wait for the latency anyway. so it is a question of 'did i adjust my playing to the latency or did the daw misrecord the notes'. either way for me i can't accept playing with latency after never dealing with it before. i tried it for years back in the '00s and in retrospect it was more novelty than anything else

and truth be told if the standalone mpc's are like the legacy mpc's for sequencing this will mark the beginning of my interest in moving back towards computer-freindly modern gear. but alas, i was spoiled by the 16 track mute buttons on the command station so i can only look at toraiz, even though the 16 buttons on it have not yet been made to function as track mutes

computer integration and no more tracking is a nice thing to look forward to, although for me the timing issue is what matters. ie i still get excited during the wait time when loading up a banger on the old machines

and i don't know about if i can't make an mv bounce like an mpc, assuming we are not talking about the function called swing. for the beats i make it is all about truncation, and that will vary depending on interface ie slider,dial,mouse etc but since i try to use my ears for this there will be no difference in the end result after i sequence it. i can make a command station groove like premo, dre, rza etc it doesn't matter
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump