The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Yo lm bout to make my Akai shirt, Akai hat, Akai socks, Akai chain and jacket.NO JOKE!

Then lma have a shirt that says "MPCX, Studio One & Reason 9 - The Musical Holy Trinity" Bammmmm..!

Its about to get fun again!
Your bases are seriously covered man. Can't forget about the possibility of running the MPC X alongside Reason like you use to do back in the day with the XL. That's something I'm thinking of doing more myself once the MPC X finally makes it over here.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Good to see you happy about all this man. Now you know for future reference, any time I try to give you or anyone else here some advice on something, I try to do it from the POV of your best interest. You holding out on some of those purchases you might have jumped on saved you from wasting any money. Now you can go all out on the MPC X and have a serious piece of kit man. Something that just walking into the room and looking at it will inspire you to waste no time getting down to work on big things.
True dat! You hit it on the head. Have the lights dim in the lab cut the X on and just look at it. Its freaking eye candy for real.

Man l know at name Akai is going to have big crowds!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yea it's a very good looking unit. Still the most portable option too for people looking to use the MPC Software on their laptop on the go.
Are you getting the X or Live? Down the road lma get Live to travel with. I already have bag to protect in on the go.
I was shocked when they said the X had a battery. But that thing aint leaving the premises.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Your bases are seriously covered man. Can't forget about the possibility of running the MPC X alongside Reason like you use to do back in the day with the XL. That's something I'm thinking of doing more myself once the MPC X finally makes it over here.
Sssssh you givin away to much info maaaaan lol

Yeah Reason now has midi in so l can lock it tighly to Reason and its freakin over. That cuts out 2.0 software lol man lma get it in! I can feel that havin the X my production is about to go to another level. When you know that you don't mine spending that money.
I like to simultaneously hit the pad in a syncopation style. The lpd8 is limited, its ok, l can say for traveling to lay down ideas. Im keeping it. Im not selling it. The lpd8 has held me down though.

I already have the Alpha Track to control every aspect of the SSL in R9 so l wanna see if the Q-Link buttons can control buttons on say the NNXT and Combinator.

I just got Euphonic Strings and Hollywood Film Strings Elite Refills man l kid you not they sound incredible. One was $41 dollars and the other 9.99 and they sound professional.

I think l have a sound adfiction does that make me a sound slut? lol haaahaaa

Last edited by danoc; 16th January 2017 at 05:25 AM..
Old 16th January 2017
Quote:
Are you getting the X or Live? Down the road lma get Live to travel with. I already have bag to protect in on the go.
I was shocked when they said the X had a battery. But that thing aint leaving the premises.
I don't think the X has a battery man. I can't find anything that says so. Only see the Live has a battery.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well Job who's real name was Ayyub was a wise man of the east. And l really do have patience.
Really?

Quote:
Hell lm looking into ordering from Netherlands. No joke. Im looking into a few hole in the walls l know about plus see if l can get a coupon.

By the time it gets here my drums will be ready.
dude, , I'm really happy for you that you're so excited. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

That said, that would make no sense whatsoever, either logistically or fiscally (not to mention potential issues with packages being held to clear customs, or down the line with your state comptroller regarding taxes)...I'd suggest you get in touch with a trusted retailer, like Sweetwater, or an equivalent, and hook up with a sales rep who you can update you with the latest pertinent information, who you can be sure of that it's OK to nag everyday even - as in when the ETA is, etc.

Netherlands?!?

Maybe if you're shopping for a bong perhaps, but seriously:
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Really?

dude, , I'm really happy for you that you're so excited. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

That said, that would make no sense whatsoever, either logistically or fiscally (not to mention potential issues with packages being held to clear customs, or down the line with your state comptroller regarding taxes)...I'd suggest you get in touch with a trusted retailer, like Sweetwater, or an equivalent, and hook up with a sales rep who you can update you with the latest pertinent information, who you can be sure of that it's OK to nag everyday even - as in when the ETA is, etc.

Netherlands?!?

Maybe if you're shopping for a bong perhaps, but seriously:
Umm dude lm not trying to get my MPCX from the Netherlands: facepalm: it was buy sarcasm at its best. I already know where lm getting it from.

Yes really on the Job part.
Im well studied in African studies, near and far east studies that include linguistics, eepigraphy, geographic and geological evidence etc. I speak read and write Arabic, Hebrew some Aramaic, Akkadian old Arabic etc. Involved in symposiums and debates on such matters. Over 20 years of biblical, Qura'nic , Puranas etc in studies.

The letter "J" never existed any time in B.C.E. so it couldn't have been job.

Peace
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. who? View Post
I don't think the X has a battery man. I can't find anything that says so. Only see the Live has a battery.
You're right. You see l was shock like WTF lol l was looking at Ave McCree vid on The X and he immediately said the live and l thoght the X. It doesn't makes sense to give the X a battery. Its a good selling point for Akai so people can buy both. Yo Akai is going to kill it !
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Umm dude lm not trying to get my MPCX from the Netherlands: facepalm: it was buy sarcasm at its best. I already know where lm getting it from.
well, my bad...

but it's hard to tell TBH, to separate the sublime with the overt zealousness on your part.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
but it's hard to tell TBH, to separate the sublime with the overt zealousness on your part.
Yea it's a bit much, he has posted what seems to be 50% of the thread. I'm happy he's happy too, but dayum!!!

I'd love to read from others as well.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Yea it's a bit much, he has posted what seems to 50% of the thread. I'm happy he's happy too, but dayum!!!

I'd love to read from others as well.
I agree. He does that a lot for some reason.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
well, my bad...

lol ok cool
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hold the hell up, the MPC X has a battery also?
I remember seeing that in an Ask Audio article on it.
But it's not in the official specs.

Also, I can't see any use for it; that's not a portable, mobile powerhouse, heh.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

...but that being said, I'd love to see someone make beats with the X on a bus or at a coffee shop
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
I remember seeing that in an Ask Audio article on it.
But it's not in the official specs.

Also, I can't see any use for it; that's not a portable, mobile powerhouse, heh.
Oh dam you saw thst in an article? Hmmm wow.
Its a shocker to me. Like why put a battery in that big thing.

lol you wanna see someone lug thst bog thing around lol mines is going to stay in one spot battery or not.

I read the specs and no battery was mentioned.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh dam you saw thst in an article? Hmmm wow.
Its a shocker to me. Like why put a battery in that big thing.

lol you wanna see someone lug thst bog thing around lol mines is going to stay in one spot battery or not.

I read the specs and no battery was mentioned.
Here's the article that mentions battery on the X:
Akai Introduces MPC Live + MPC X: Back To Standalone! - DJ TechTools
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dam good article it says right in those specs.

If it does use a battery its all good l aint mad at Akai.

We do get to put internally a 2.5 hard drive.thats dope.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Why won't we just try to keep the tread on topic. That way we don't have to deal with all the poinless discussion.

Some of ya'll are verry quick to get personal.
Old 16th January 2017
Quote:

Yeah the internal 2.5 SSD is what I'll go with. Presidents' Day sales should see some good deals. I'd love to pick up a 2tb for it.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Geez..... I go away for five minutes and it's chaos.

I must say that his thread is better than the ones on electronic music and production.

Either got Toraiz fanboys trying to start a fight and I think a few have merged over onto the hip hop forum.

If you can't develop a little bit of love here then head back to other threads.

Some of us here are trying to spread the word and the love.

We should all be rejoicing the imminent arrival of this killer MPC that we have been wanting for years.

Cheers
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
We should all be rejoicing the imminent arrival of this killer MPC that we have been wanting for years.

Cheers
Yes, lets all rejoice over a product that does not exist yet, can't be bought yet, and is coming from a company with a reputation for delivery issues in terms of finished usable product.

Lets wait and find out what the product is actually like in the real world shall we !!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

This always happens on threads with leaked gear , the buzz wears off and the impatience for the product sets in , people get board , and go off topic.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville101 View Post
You did help me and I appreciate it peace! Just poking fun about you mpc wardrobe plans! Let's not get to bent out of shape!
Not bitching about the x was bitching about the price. I still think it's a little steep. But I never said don't get one.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Batteries on the X can be a good thing, lights go out and you working midway through a song, gives you time to finish up and power down.

I live in PR and lights go out every other week.

But I'm still getting the LIVE :D

Dan at Akai said, the LIVE will be shipped before the X, they finishing up on some touch ups with the X.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Lord knows l been waiting for this and l am super excited cause l have waited patiently for 5 years.
So lm very happy and l already made half the money back for it and its nothing to me.

As Petty cash said it has my things l wanted. I didn't be a jackass and start this thread cause Aldred who l asked to start this thread was cool about it so we could talk about this product. This is not the place to put down Akai and those that love the product. I didnt like the 5000 cause it did have flaws but I didnt give up on Akai.

This is a wonderful product and if people dont like it this thread is not for you.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I looked at that link and and hell yeah it says the X does have a Battery! So the vid l watched the guy said the same thing.
4. Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery

It said the live have a battery too and we know that the X has the 20.1 inch screen.
Dam!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
Batteries on the X can be a good thing, lights go out and you working midway through a song, gives you time to finish up and power down.

I live in PR and lights go out every other week.

But I'm still getting the LIVE :D

Dan at Akai said, the LIVE will be shipped before the X, they finishing up on some touch ups with the X.
That is a good dam point ill green profound point. Just like a hospital lights go out bsckup generators come on. Good dam point.

Cause that X have that 10.1 inch screen to run and all those oled lights.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Geez..... I go away for five minutes and it's chaos.

I must say that his thread is better than the ones on electronic music and production.

Either got Toraiz fanboys trying to start a fight and I think a few have merged over onto the hip hop forum.

If you can't develop a little bit of love here then head back to other threads.

Some of us here are trying to spread the word and the love.

Cheers
Toraiz does have analog filters, which is a key selling point...other than the name, which might excite podophiliacs. (maybe Rex Ryan has one?)

Does anyone know regarding the MPC X, if it has analog filters? I can't seem to find any mention of it within all the specs and features announcements.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Toraiz does have analog filters, which is a key selling point...other than the name, which might excite podophiliacs. (maybe Rex Ryan has one?)

Does anyone know regarding the MPC X, if it has analog filters? I can't seem to find any mention of it within all the specs and features announcements.
I believe it does. If you watch the vid with the Akai rep he used a function on the touch screen. Watch the vid and let me know if l was wrong or right. I don't see Akai in this day an time not adding filters and might can automate it too.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

I know these units are new and not many folks except the beta testers are doing videos, but all I've seen so far is the Akai demo guy triggering a techno song and using that ghastly Korg Kaoss flanger on the touch screen. Not one video using a turntable to catch a sample and cut it up? Or even playing one of stock synth sounds? Maybe using the compressor to crush a drum track? The other two videos are of dudes just triggering some beats they've got worked out already , which were less than "wow". I'm not trying to be critical, the X looks like it'll be a monster, but it seems with all the new creative features the machine has on tap, they'd show some of them. Not one workflow video has been displayed yet. Seems like you'd want to show off some of this stuff to potential buyers.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search