The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
I know. I was one of the early "beta testers" and kick their butts about it. You can thank me for alternating loop that they implemented
how come u aint beta testing the live or x
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
how come u aint beta testing the live or x
I've expressed my willingness, but I suppose they weren't interested.
I'd love to do it.

Been beta-testing a lot for another competing company and still do.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

What I love is that it has beat detection. When you load up a sample you will know the bpm, that's cool.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

After watching this, the Live does definitely interest me.

https://youtu.be/_eKBmnf3JIc
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
After watching this, the Live does definitely interest me.

https://youtu.be/_eKBmnf3JIc
Yea thatswhere the real value is man the price and features are on point. Way better deal then the x for 2200.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
What I love is that it has beat detection. When you load up a sample you will know the bpm, that's cool.
Man this is a key feature for any audio software in 2017!
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Head

Think I'm gonna pre order the live. Anyone know which retailer will have them in stock first?
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Hold the hell up, the MPC X has a battery also? I thought just the Live had one? I'm fixing up some tight drums for that joint and my hard drive is on the way for it. I am loving the storage options. I like how homie said the same thing I said no latency and nothing can beat that sequencer lol gotta love it. Hell I probably will get Live to for travel. There are going to be a bunch of people getting both, lol Akai are some smart people, like I said when it started put both out at the same time.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Man this is a key feature for any audio software in 2017!
You dam real that will save a lot of time trying to find the bpm and DJ's are going to love it also, that is great. Funny thing is not everyone has it. Akai look like it got that down pact. Just record the joint into the MPC and bam, that easy. smh wow!
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville101 View Post
Think I'm gonna pre order the live. Anyone know which retailer will have them in stock first?
Yo I already said Musicians Friend will have it by 2-11-17 you can pre-order, I am trying to see about a discount coupon, 30% off that's cool but if I can't get it, I will pay full price. I am so loving this thing I would pay $3,000 for that joint! Straight up!

Dudes in the Netherlands getting their shipments in 10 days, dammmmmmmm!

Sweetwater think they slick at first they had up March 9th then they took it down lol what in the hell are they trying to pull LOL ?
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll probably just order mine through sweetwater, still going to wait till Namm though. The thing I like about the Live the most is I could just bounce temporary stems out from whatever I'm working in on my computer and then continue to add stuff in the Live while not being connected to a power supply. Cool ****
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Head

Goodlooks peace! Bout to put in that order.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Goodlooks peace! Bout to put in that order.
You doing Musicians Friends? If you do just look at the date beside the price.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
You doing Musicians Friends? If you do just look at the date beside the price.
American musical has its date as the first of feb.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

There'll be back orders on this for sure.

If Sweetwater took down there original target of March then it now means April/May.

Cheers
Old 16th January 2017
Old 16th January 2017
NAMM should provide clarity on availability. Don't forget folks, these companies adjust the dates to drive sales. Now that people see early dates at musicians friend, they'll order from there. In reality the major retailers should all receive initial shipments at the same time. When you get yours, all depends on how far down you are in the queue.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Damn this thread is scorching hot! I'm loving the energy!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

B&H Photos has them up for preorder now, and they got it for March 13th. They usually get the shipments at said times but sometimes they can come later.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Nut

I was ready to buy both units immediately until I learned that they are still, at version 2.0, carrying the same inane LFO flaw that has been carried through all the way from the MPC1000,2500,5000 through the Renaissance to the present day, that being that the LFO permanently retriggers on every note press. Only a jackass would design it this way, it's essentially an envelope not an LFO.

Numark/Dan/Akai you guys need to know that when you ignore DECADE+ long feature requests (bugfix really) you lose $3500 worth of sales on every guy who bothers to do his research.

How can you undo something so simple that worked just perfectly in the early 1990s Akai samplers up to the last actually good MPC the 4000? It's not rocket surgery guys, but no one's handing out medals for lacklustre efforts only fit for the next 10,000 identikit consumer hobbyist trap-wannabees.

Has 8 cv outs - no free running LFO = [does not compute]

/...goes back to some other sampler
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
American musical has its date as the first of feb.
Cool . thats what lm talking about.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
What did l tell you Smack :-) you know lm smilin right now right? lolYou can transfer files back and forth. Thats what l wanted all along . thanks for the video.
24 bit too ;-)
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Hell lm looking into ordering from Netherlands. No joke. Im looking into a few hole in the walls l know about plus see if l can get a coupon.

By the time it gets here my drums will be ready.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
What did l tell you Smack :-) you know lm smilin right now right? lolYou can transfer files back and forth. Thats what l wanted all along . thanks for the video.
24 bit too ;-)
Yeah he has another up exporting stems as well but I didn't see the option to export by sounds...

Edit: you can export by sounds!!!!
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

I gotta find a way to lift my sounds off that hard drive l once connected to the 2000XL.
I got some high res pics and the transport buttons on the X remind me of the MPC 60.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

I told you guys the Live was worth looking at for the money. This stuff isn't always one size fits all. Making two new standalone units was definitely the smartest way to go for AKAI. It wont stop people from continuing to talk sh*t about them as a company though, but it could be a good start on the road to redeeming themselves from the disastrous memory that was the 1.0 launch.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

I was just looking at the MPC Black and l tell ya that piece looks very impressive. The sleek look and dark black makes it look dope.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hell lm looking into ordering from Netherlands. No joke. Im looking into a few hole in the walls l know about plus see if l can get a coupon.

By the time it gets here my drums will be ready.
Good to see you happy about all this man. Now you know for future reference, any time I try to give you or anyone else here some advice on something, I try to do it from the POV of your best interest. You holding out on some of those purchases you might have jumped on saved you from wasting any money. Now you can go all out on the MPC X and have a serious piece of kit man. Something that just walking into the room and looking at it will inspire you to waste no time getting down to work on big things.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
I told you guys the Live was worth looking at for the money. This stuff isn't always one size fits all. Making two new standalone units was definitely the smartest way to go for AKAI. It wont stop people from continuing to talk sh*t about them as a company though, but it could be a good start on the road to redeeming themselves from the disastrous memory that was the 1.0 launch.
Yo lm bout to make my Akai shirt, Akai hat, Akai socks, Akai chain and jacket.NO JOKE!

Then lma have a shirt that says "MPCX, Studio One & Reason 9 - The Musical Holy Trinity" Bammmmm..!

Its about to get fun again!

Some dudes were saying they dont trust the sturdiness of the X. I told its as sturdy as your Ren if not more! I tell ya man any crap to try and ish on the X.
Then they talk crap about touch saying the screen might go out. I said yeah right just like your screen on your phone can last until you break it with force. The screen is nothing but an ipad and it mskes it look that much sexier.

That X has that look of the 4000 and 5000. The Q-Link buttons on each model increased.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was just looking at the MPC Black and l tell ya that piece looks very impressive. The sleek look and dark black makes it look dope.
Yea it's a very good looking unit. Still the most portable option too for people looking to use the MPC Software on their laptop on the go.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search