The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 14th January 2017
  #751
Lives for gear
 

Yo Danoc,

Had a listen to a track you posted back on about page 23.

Sounding good bro.

Kinda reminds me of Tinashe or early Rhianna .

You gonna be rocking it on the X.

Cheers
Old 14th January 2017
  #752
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Yo Danoc,

Had a listen to a track you posted back on about page 23.

Sounding good bro.

Kinda reminds me of Tinashe or early Rhianna .

You gonna be rocking it on the X.

Cheers
Awhhh thank you bro much appreciated. I wrote the hook and did all the music and arrangement and Bree wrote the song she is an incredible singer/songwriter. We did that just for artist in that gerne as you describe.

Doing that track it took me a minute to do cause l used the lpd8 which ain't all that bad and Reason 9. Then l mixed and there you have it.

That's what l am saying that MPCx is going to help me work faster and l will be able to do my complexed drums real dope on it.
The way Akai has it set up it will be a monster in anyones studio.

Most important part l can have fun again.

Funny thing is l been in the lab making more unique drums for the X. Ima be up for a while catch a power name and get in the studio with the same singer and knock out this club joint.

Frankly bro l can't wait.
Old 14th January 2017
  #753
Lives for gear
 

Yeah these days a lot of cats are just producing with even a relatively no name singer
and carving it up.

The nice female voice carries the track.

I tried for many years to find some decent talent for my songs but never got anywhere.

Too much hard work to get them to practise without them being egotistical or thinking they gonna be the main game.

Cheers
2
Share
Old 14th January 2017
  #754
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Yeah these days a lot of cats are just producing with even a relatively no name singer
and carving it up.

The nice female voice carries the track.

I tried for many years to find some decent talent for my songs but never got anywhere.

Too much hard work to get them to practise without them being egotistical or thinking they gonna be the main game.

Cheers
Hold audtions many of them and get that one that is ready to grind. When they ate worth it give them some dough. If you have to wake a singer up to sing and they claim its their passion they are playing games. But there's so much talent out here keep searching and you will find.

Also get with managers who had an artist that is dope. Im doing thst. One example one contacted me from Canada and we about to put in that work.
Have a good team around you. I have Tim Sonnefeld grammy award winner for Usher's album hes an engineer. Then l have M. Kramer mastering engineer who's list is to long to mention.
Old 14th January 2017
  #755
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I have to speak up, why are you so confrontational for no reason?

Seriously and I say this with no ill intent, when I was at your level, I just wanted to learn and be better. If you hope to get anywhere in this business, stay humble.

I think im done with this thread, Ill demo the Mpc X at Namm next week and report back if anyone is interested
It's cool man I'm not trying to hijack an MPC thread although I'd like know how it compares to Maschine with content? As I said, I really do have 500 gigs of the highest quality sounds with Maschine so are people still buying Komplete to run with the MPC or are MPC user still mostly sampling?

Most of the Maschine users I know are sampling in Maschine and using Komplete with maschine expansions.

to be totally honest, I got into the Maschine world very cheap! The started with a used mikro, kept the license and sold the hardware. Not I have a Maschine and a Maschine mkll which cost me $350 combined

Even if you add a decent $600 laptop with a new Maschine you're talking $1200. There enough money left to buy a flagship daw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
See the funny part is you think you know me. You say slick crap out your neck and think you won't get checked. I am humble until.... And lm doing business the hell you talking about.
If you knew this business really and was in it there is more dam wolves in it than sheep.
You go to Namm for yourself.
Im BUYING THE MPCX!

Being confrontational got me through the door! Not be laxed!
The MPX looks cool but looks way to expensive for what it does.

I just sold my Canon T5i and got a Panasonic G85 that shoot 4k. Sure the Canon was a bigger more robust looking camera but its capabilities are no longer keeping up.

My point, sometimes these manufacturers don't get it. They still have to compete with current tech. For $2000 I don't think as many people will be buying this MPC X than you think.

In today's market, I'm not spending that kind of cash on Korg, Roland or Yamaha. Times have changed.

Although you have probably posted more than anyone here, we still have a right to post our views
Old 14th January 2017
  #756
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
It's cool man I'm not trying to hijack an MPC thread although I'd like know how it compares to Maschine with content? As I said, I really do have 500 gigs of the highest quality sounds with Maschine so are people still buying Komplete to run with the MPC or are MPC user still mostly sampling?

Most of the Maschine users I know are sampling in Maschine and using Komplete with maschine expansions.

to be totally honest, I got into the Maschine world very cheap! The started with a used mikro, kept the license and sold the hardware. Not I have a Maschine and a Maschine mkll which cost me $350 combined

Even if you add a decent $600 laptop with a new Maschine you're talking $1200. There enough money left to buy a flagship daw.


The MPX looks cool but looks way to expensive for what it does.

I just sold my Canon T5i and got a Panasonic G85 that shoot 4k. Sure the Canon was a bigger more robust looking camera but its capabilities are no longer keeping up.

My point, sometimes these manufacturers don't get it. They still have to compete with current tech. For $2000 I don't think as many people will be buying this MPC X than you think.

In today's market, I'm not spending that kind of cash on Korg, Roland or Yamaha. Times have changed.

Although you have probably posted more than anyone here, we still have a right to post our views
Never said anyone didn't have the right to post their views.

We don't know how well the X will do in the market. Only thing l know is lm getting mines. That is a new technology. If you feel no justification to buy it because of its price snd or its functions that's YOU. For ME its justified. If you have a beef with the price then write Akai a professional letter not tell me about it. Thst goes for anyone.

There are thousands of people who have the money for the X and will get the X. Live will probably do very well but we shall see.
Peace
Old 14th January 2017
  #757
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Yeah these days a lot of cats are just producing with even a relatively no name singer
and carving it up.

The nice female voice carries the track.

I tried for many years to find some decent talent for my songs but never got anywhere.

Too much hard work to get them to practise without them being egotistical or thinking they gonna be the main game.

Cheers
I meant to say too go to show cases it could be fun I still go even if I ain't looking I just love to be there and watch people do their thing, that's the NYC show thang in me lol It's very good for networking to.

Peace
Old 14th January 2017
  #758
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
See the funny part is you think you know me. You say slick crap out your neck and think you won't get checked. I am humble until.... And lm doing business the hell you talking about.
If you knew this business really and was in it there is more dam wolves in it than sheep.
You go to Namm for yourself.
Im BUYING THE MPCX!

Being confrontational got me through the door! Not be laxed!
Yes we know your buying the mpc lol
And paying 2 thousand for the honor of having one of the first unboxing videos on YouTube. Anyhow back to the beats peace.
Old 14th January 2017
  #759
Lives for gear
 
Doc Vigilanti's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
Arrogance is a hell of a drug..
It's also a double edged sword my friend...

Get back to us on what your impression of the MPC X is when you get back from NAMM.
Old 14th January 2017
  #760
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

Masada Trent of Cycle Kit has a hr and half long Q & A about the Nu MPC answering a lot questions being asked here!!!!

Edit: On Youtube
Old 14th January 2017
  #761
Gear Head
 

I've watched the whole session of Masada's live stream.

My questions to Masada and his answers:

Q. can you bounce vst tracks to the stand alone

A. There is a feature you can use to bounce the vst tracks to audio files en load them up and do whatever you want with it

Q. How many vst's can you load per track?

A. I can't go into that right now.

(It sounded as if they are still busy with that)

Q. Can you use the screen as a screen extension like we can now?

A. No the newer units don't have this feature anymore.

Q. Does it have a built in Synth..??

A. No it does not have a built in Synth, but it will be released with allot of key group sounds and they work just like a Synth.

A few other guys kept asking about the 'Only 8 audio tracks' thing but he said that he can't go into that right now but we don't have to worry because soon it will be a non existent problem. So I'm guessing they are still cooking up something new.

Anyway, I appreciate him for taking his time to answer so many questions he did a good job.
Old 14th January 2017
  #762
Gear Head
 

I think you didn't understand me.

Those were the questions I've asked masada and his replies.
1
Share
Old 14th January 2017
  #763
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu View Post
I think you didn't understand me.

Those were the questions I've asked masada and his replies.
Yes I realized that and that why I deleted the post. Good read by the way peace!
1
Share
Old 14th January 2017
  #764
Lives for gear
 

Can anyone elaborate on the sounds they use with these new MPCs? Not the sampling aspect but sound pack add ons?
Old 15th January 2017
  #765
Lives for gear
 
ILL GREEN's Avatar
NAMM'17 might be an all out war if Roland or NI decides to unveil their weapons...
1
Share
Old 15th January 2017
  #766
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
Yeah these days a lot of cats are just producing with even a relatively no name singer
and carving it up.

The nice female voice carries the track.

I tried for many years to find some decent talent for my songs but never got anywhere.

Too much hard work to get them to practise without them being egotistical or thinking they gonna be the main game.

Cheers
That's how it is man. Couldn't tell you how many singers I've gone through before finding one that not only sounds good, but has a good work ethic as well, and how many more I will have to go through to find more like her. It's hit or miss with a lot of these aspiring talented artists.
1
Share
Old 15th January 2017
  #767
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Can anyone elaborate on the sounds they use with these new MPCs? Not the sampling aspect but sound pack add ons?
Personally, I don't buy sound packs. I've spent many years acquiring and designing a huge library of custom content. Outside of some commercial libraries that came with some of the products I bought, I use stuff from my own library.
2
Share
Old 15th January 2017
  #768
Lives for gear
 
Smack Dammit's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Can anyone elaborate on the sounds they use with these new MPCs? Not the sampling aspect but sound pack add ons?
They are ok if your into that, there on Akai's website with demos and all....
That Masada Q&A was very helpful and it sounds like it will be getting more audio tracks to the stand alone in the near future, YES!!!!! Another thing I thought was cool is if you start on the sw with vst/au there is a nu bounce instrument to pad feature and now you'll have that vst/au track in stand alone mode... Stand alone is 24 bit 44.1
Old 15th January 2017
  #769
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
NAMM'17 might be an all out war if Roland or NI decides to unveil their weapons...
That why I'm gonna hold out until the new hardware dust settles.
Old 15th January 2017
  #770
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
The MPX looks cool but looks way to expensive for what it does.
It's becoming a broken record by now, but the MPC X is a flagship product that's being built to be a serious flagship product.

In this day and age, most people are looking for a deal. Sometimes it's great when a company comes out with something that spares less expense in order to deliver a definitive experience. In AKAI's case, they aren't forsaking those that want an economically priced standalone, because they made the Live. Even though the MPC X and Live are two different types of MPCs, those who know their budget certainly doesn't cater to the price of the MPC X need to start focusing their attention on the MPC Live, which is still a decent product worth looking at for most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
My point, sometimes these manufacturers don't get it. They still have to compete with current tech. For $2000 I don't think as many people will be buying this MPC X than you think.
In this case, AKAI does get it, and that's why they have 2 tiers for their new standalone MPCs. Just like graphics card and CPU developers have several tiers for their products, and now even console makers like Sony and Microsoft have two different tiers for their current consoles (Microsoft to release theirs later this year). Plenty of manufacturers get it. Obviously the lower priced tiers will see more sales than the highest tier, but overall, manufacturers will make their money because there's still enough enthusiasts out there willing to buy their flagship products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
we still have a right to post our views
Everyone has the right to post their POV, and others also have the right to post a response to that POV. That's how a discussion works. People need to not get up in arms when someone posts a response in disagreement with the things they've said, unless it's obvious that someone is trying to get personal and act like a jerk.

So far, I think people are doing good in this thread... No major derailments, and that's a rare thing around here in threads focused on an AKAI product!
1
Share
Old 15th January 2017
  #771
Lives for gear
 

Oh ok thanks guys, I started sampling in the late 80's but what I have now surpassed anything I was doing back then.

So are you MPC guys mapping CC to knobs and sliders or are you guys using VIP to map things? Some of the reasons I went with Komplete and Maschine are preconfigured everything in addition to NKS, though VIP maybe better because it scan ALL VSTs and put then in a Library that can be controlled via realtime knobs right?

I'm just spoiled buy synths like Reaktor 6, Massive and others are already mapped when loaded and every preset that comes with them.

Are you guys using VIP, or did most of you exclude that from your workflow? Is VIP hardware controls integrated in the MPC X or is this just for the old school MPC fanboys who are ignorant of new tech?

Last edited by classictunz; 16th January 2017 at 03:32 AM..
Old 15th January 2017
  #772
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville101 View Post
Yes we know your buying the mpc lol
And paying 2 thousand for the honor of having one of the first unboxing videos on YouTube. Anyhow back to the beats peace.
Well not exactly. Im not paying for the honor of it. You know me so well.

Im getting it exactly what I said l was getting it for and notting else.

If it was the honor l would of gone and got the 2000XL and been done with it.

I don't make beats l make music!

Peace.

Last edited by danoc; 15th January 2017 at 03:23 AM..
Old 15th January 2017
  #773
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Oh ok thanks guys, I started sampling in the late 80's but what I have now surpassed anything I was doing back then.

So are you MPC mapping CC to knobs and sliders or are you guys using VIP to map things? Some of the reasons I went with Komplete and Maschine are preconfigured everything in addition to NKS, though VIP maybe better because it scan ALL VSTs and put then in a Library that can be controlled via realtime knobs right?

I'm just spoiled but synth like Reaktor 6, Massive and others are mapped when loaded and every preset that comes with them.

Are you guys using VIP, or did mostvof you exclude that from your workflow? Is VIP hardware controls integrated in the MPC X or is this just for the old school MPC fanboys who are ignorant of new tech?
I remember AKAI saying something about adding some VIP related functionality to the MPC Software, but not sure what the ETA would be on that, and whether we will see it for 2.0. All the NI stuff load and map properly using VIP. That was their original big selling point for it, that Komplete was fully compatible.

Too much hardware talk going on right now over these new units and not enough talk focused on digging up more info on MPC 2.0 itself. VIP software integration would be nice, and better Advance keyboard integration on top of that.
Old 15th January 2017
  #774
Lives for gear
 
beyondat's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
I remember AKAI saying something about adding some VIP related functionality to the MPC Software, but not sure what the ETA would be on that, and whether we will see it for 2.0. All the NI stuff load and map properly using VIP. That was their original big selling point for it, that Komplete was fully compatible.

Too much hardware talk going on right now over these new units and not enough talk focused on digging up more info on MPC 2.0 itself. VIP software integration would be nice, and better Advance keyboard integration on top of that.
2.0 is not finished yet as confirmed by an Akai rep.
Old 15th January 2017
  #775
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondat View Post
2.0 is not finished yet as confirmed by an Akai rep.
That is concerning considering the live should be in USA stores in 20 days..... I wonder if it will get pushed back
Old 15th January 2017
  #776
Lives for gear
 

Netherlands will get the X in 10 day €1718 in USD its $1928.
Old 15th January 2017
  #777
Lives for gear
 

Which is 2571 aud and probably won't get until May or June.

That's why I use Sweetwater.

I can order and pay of a Friday night and it's here on my doorstep on Tuesday morning.

Not bad for FedEx and why I continue to use there service.

Cheers
Old 15th January 2017
  #778
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Netherlands will get the X in 10 day €1718 in USD its $1928.
I'm from the Netherland, where did you see that price?
Lowest I can find is €1799,-
Old 15th January 2017
  #779
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondat View Post
2.0 is not finished yet as confirmed by an Akai rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtray187 View Post
That is concerning considering the live should be in USA stores in 20 days..... I wonder if it will get pushed back
...genius, they're recruiting beta testers who'll dish out $1-2k for said privelige. Sly move Akai, sly move.
1
Share
Old 15th January 2017
  #780
Lives for gear
 
PettyCash's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
...genius, they're recruiting beta testers who'll dish out $1-2k for said privelige. Sly move Akai, sly move.
1.0 type behavior all over again... if all being said is accurate and true of course.
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump