The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 13th January 2017
Gear Head

At 1200 I think the live will be where it's at. I personally have no problem with the mpc x besides that hefty price tag. The live should be a no brainer for folks looking to upgrade to a newer machine.
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E.D in mpc View Post
Look cats need to shut up about weather or not they want the x or not. This is a mpc x discussion if you think it's to expensive then **** it don't buy the **** . If you believe the mpc 3000 or whatever to have better sound quality then shut the **** up and use it. If you feel you can get better value buy some other **** then please shut the **** up do it. Some of us have been waiting years for a product like this and have the extra money to burn so please just leave us the **** alone and let enjoy the moment. I myself plan to pick up the x and the live so there you have it now deal with it peace.
Buddy, I will voice which ever opinion (ON THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD) I wish to voice, as a former Mpc user that MIGHT still purchase one of these things and a working professional, I'm not going to stfu because you insist lol.

Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Everyone take a chill pill.

Let's not let a good thread turn into chaos.

I'm up for one else I wouldn't be on here.

Cheers
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
Such a bummer. Not acceptable in 2017.
Well, Ableton got away with it for over ten years. I was not acceptable in 2007 either as all real daws had no problems with it.

Back in the day all DSP cards messed delay compensation. Then the workaround was to add PoCO or UAD plugin to every track and bypass it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
I remember Slate catching a lot of flak about similar stuff in the past, but he totally changed at some point and started addressing all the things, and the tone and the whole vibe changed for the better.
Not really. Look how Steven reacted to SOS review of Slate VMS. Honest review and Steven tried to bash it as they dared to critisize it. And it was good and honest review.
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
The internet

lol
Not even internet is saying that. There is not a single time that word DAW is mentioned in Akai marketing materials. (Apart the part where it says that MPC 2 runs as plugin in any DAW.)

It's marketed as:
Music Production Centre

Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
Nah the team that developed the 1000/2500 is long gone. Expect this to not sound like the 1000/2500. The 5000 didn't sound like the 1000/2500.
Yeah. Apparently the JJOS dude was on that team from Akai Japan. They never paid him his full wages which why he starting selling JJOS.
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Yeah. Apparently the JJOS dude was on that team from Akai Japan. They never paid him his full wages which why he starting selling JJOS.
One might think that AKAI still has all the code base and schematics for the old converters. It's not black magic to make it sound like 1000/2500 if they want to. But as always, companies tend to make stuff "better" rather than "vibey".
Old 13th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Hold up it doesnt have audio tracks? That's worse!
What Maschine gives 24 midi tracks?
Yea no audio tracks. Maschine is a great groove box and all, but they've been slacking on the software side for far too long. Now it seems they're falling behind on hardware as well. That's why I'm taking a serious look at the MPC X and the MPC Live. It's either one of these or Ableton and the Push 2 for me moving forward.
Old 13th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vigilanti View Post
Yeah, a dude I use to know would work in 2 bar loops too. We made tons of beats on a Triton of his. He went and sold that ish for like $400 to a friend and I guarantee you've vibed with a few of those tracks that came off that Triton.

The guy he sold it to was working Polow Da Don and a local radio Dj. I don't know what dude is doing now, but he was working with them boys for free man. At some point you gotta be like, "yo, you gotta come up out your pockets". You know what I'm saying. Not to rob them, but like you're making all this loot you can at least throw me a hondo a day or something.
The Korg Triton was no joke back in the day. I had the Moss board synthesizer card added and a friend of mine would make some sick beats with that thing. It was basically just that, an Ensoniq ASR X Pro going straight into a Roland VS 1680 and I can honestly say I probably made the best music of my life with that gear. A lot of times it's not what you have, but what you do with it.
Old 13th January 2017
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am VERY, EXTREMELY well aware what previous Mpcs were manufactured for (drum programming, sequencing and sampling).. My "issue" (not so much an issue but more of a concern) is because these Mpcs are marketed as something more,

Regardless how anyone wishes to interpret semantics, these Mpcs are being marketed as stand alone Daws (not kinda a daw, semi a daw or a cool drum machine daw lol) which means that technically it is attempting to compete with the likes of Ableton, Studio one, logic etc (actually its attempting to put itself more inline with reason in a stand alone box).

PS: Price is of no concern to me man, its market that concerns me,
It seems you're very concerned about 'the marketing'. I'm not sure why? Its marketing, they're supposed to tell you its the greatest invention since the wheel...

Last edited by mp3; 13th January 2017 at 07:10 PM..
Old 13th January 2017
Quote:
For ME.. and the way that I MYSELF work.. in 2017.. 8 audio tracks wouldnt be worthwhile in a stand alone daw yes.
I follow ya ...but this is an MPC. Two turntables and a microphone are the bread-n-butter of the MPC's role.
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
Not even internet is saying that. There is not a single time that word DAW is mentioned in Akai marketing materials. (Apart the part where it says that MPC 2 runs as plugin in any DAW.)

It's marketed as:
Music Production Centre

Ahhhhhh man lol for that El Burrito
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAUTOMATIC View Post
Yea no audio tracks. Maschine is a great groove box and all, but they've been slacking on the software side for far too long. Now it seems they're falling behind on hardware as well. That's why I'm taking a serious look at the MPC X and the MPC Live. It's either one of these or Ableton and the Push 2 for me moving forward.
Hey I am not up on Maschine cause I never cared for it from day one, but dam since you said they are slacking, dam. Others make it sound like you gotta get it and ........ let me be quiet lol I will never touch it, I would stay with the LPD8 before I do Maschine.

I am definitely getting the MPCX, there isn't even a question as long as it does what I want I am good, which it does. The extras I will enjoy also and my drum machine problems are over. I don't care who comes out with hardware drum machine stand alone after this I ain't jumping ship.

But I understand where you are coming from to satisfy yourself and your studio needs!!!
Peace
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
It seems you're very concerned about 'the marketing'. I'm not sure why? Its marketing, they're supposed to tell you its the greatest invention since the wheel...
LOL man he told me he got his news from the internet, I bust out laughing, what's that saying "Get it from the horses mouth?" lol If Akai didn't say it I don't believe him! We seen the videos and it seems like more and more are dropping every day. Not once did a rep say it was a DAW lol It is what it is, Petty Cash already dropped the profound knowledge on it I think like twice, and if dudes are still spreading rumors then that's why we have so much confusion.

I am starting to think dudes work for enemies of Akai and trying to steer people the wrong way LOL JOKE!!
I don't care if I was blind as a bat and Stevie Wonder and my hair line was far back like Bobby Womack, I ain't getting nothing but the MPCX! And Ima rock the hell out!
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

By Petty Cash:
"It's being marketed as a hybrid standalone MPC (sampler and sequencer). Software wise... it's a production DAW... better yet, a drum machine based production DAW. If people kept that context in mind, they would be less disappointed with certain things here.

Backed up by Akai!!!
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
A lot of times it's not what you have, but what you do with it.
For sure. You could layer the sounds in the Triton and you had endless possibilities. Especially with those expansion boards.

That same guy also introduced me to the MPC, I want to get this MPC X, but it's not a necessity right now.
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOL man he told me he got his news from the internet, I bust out laughing, what's that saying "Get it from the horses mouth?" lol If Akai didn't say it I don't believe him! We seen the videos and it seems like more and more are dropping every day. Not once did a rep say it was a DAW lol It is what it is, Petty Cash already dropped the profound knowledge on it I think like twice, and if dudes are still spreading rumors then that's why we have so much confusion.

I am starting to think dudes work for enemies of Akai and trying to steer people the wrong way LOL JOKE!!
I don't care if I was blind as a bat and Stevie Wonder and my hair line was far back like Bobby Womack, I ain't getting nothing but the MPCX! And Ima rock the hell out!

A bro you better leave Bobby Womack alone lol, my pops play's sax and was his band leader for about 12 years!!! R.I.P a true soul singer...
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hold up it doesnt have audio tracks? That's worse!
What Maschine gives 24 midi tracks?
Yea bro, no 8 or 128 audio oh no 24 tracks of audio in Maschine either.

So let's move back to discussing the MPC X... lol
Old 13th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey I am not up on Maschine cause I never cared for it from day one, but dam since you said they are slacking, dam. Others make it sound like you gotta get it and ........ let me be quiet lol I will never touch it, I would stay with the LPD8 before I do Maschine.

I am definitely getting the MPCX, there isn't even a question as long as it does what I want I am good, which it does. The extras I will enjoy also and my drum machine problems are over. I don't care who comes out with hardware drum machine stand alone after this I ain't jumping ship.

But I understand where you are coming from to satisfy yourself and your studio needs!!!
Peace
Ok wait Maschine is a different beast all together though. I have 500 gigs of sounds for it, there's nothing I can't do...well except record audio
Old 13th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
A lot of times it's not what you have, but what you do with it.
and what you roll into yr joint

agree, but can it has to do something with age?
it seems that when we were younger, we made more interesting songs?
(less restricted, more open anyway - more connected to our =un=conscious creative beïng)
Old 14th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Ok wait Maschine is a different beast all together though. I have 500 gigs of sounds for it, there's nothing I can't do...well except record audio

Last edited by Gorilla Texas; 14th January 2017 at 03:29 AM.. Reason: edit
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
A bro you better leave Bobby Womack alone lol, my pops play's sax and was his band leader for about 12 years!!! R.I.P a true soul singer...
lol yes i will follow your instructions RIP BOBBY WO.... True soul!!
l love his music courtesy of my moms.

Now thats deep your pops played for him much respect.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Yea bro, no 8 or 128 audio oh no 24 tracks of audio in Maschine either.

So let's move back to discussing the MPC X... lol
LETS! lol lmao
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol yes i will follow your instructions RIP BOBBY WO.... True soul!!
l love his music courtesy of my moms.

Now thats deep your pops played for him much respect.
Yeah he did and Bobby was super cool, definitely learned a lot from all those rehearsals of truly great songs, Harry hippy, I wish you didn't trust me so much, 110th Street and many more... The whole band was cool actually and always answer my annoying little questions about any instrument, just typing this brings back some great memories......

Back to the MPC tho, I'm still on the fence about it but that X is so fn sexy!
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

I always thought Bobby Womack had an uncanny resemblance to Ramsey Lewis.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
LETS! lol lmao
I have to speak up, why are you so confrontational for no reason?

Seriously and I say this with no ill intent, when I was at your level, I just wanted to learn and be better. If you hope to get anywhere in this business, stay humble.

I think im done with this thread, Ill demo the Mpc X at Namm next week and report back if anyone is interested
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have to speak up, why are you so confrontational for no reason?

Seriously and I say this with no ill intent, when I was at your level, I just wanted to learn and be better. If you hope to get anywhere in this business, stay humble.

I think im done with this thread, Ill demo the Mpc X at Namm next week and report back if anyone is interested
See the funny part is you think you know me. You say slick crap out your neck and think you won't get checked. I am humble until.... And lm doing business the hell you talking about.
If you knew this business really and was in it there is more dam wolves in it than sheep.
You go to Namm for yourself.
Im BUYING THE MPCX!

Being confrontational got me through the door! Not be laxed!
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yeah he did and Bobby was super cool, definitely learned a lot from all those rehearsals of truly great songs, Harry hippy, I wish you didn't trust me so much, 110th Street and many more... The whole band was cool actually and always answer my annoying little questions about any instrument, just typing this brings back some great memories......

Back to the MPC tho, I'm still on the fence about it but that X is so fn sexy!
I ain't on the fence lm over the fence and getting it lol
Why can't they just drop that X tomorrow. Gosh the wait is over.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

I wanted to know who's going to connect a tube or condenser mic up to the X. I will to do some persoal vox chops of myself.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good stuff!
SaintJoe will do a video from there no doubt, just like he did last year, and he's collecting questions over at the MPC Forum. Really looking fwd to the video.
And NAMM! Getting all thirsty, ha.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search