The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Ummmm l had the mpc 2000XL now l have the lpd8 soon ill have The X! Now show me in that equation l used something other than Akai? Plus even if l didnt have a MPC l could still admire and be a fan.

Plus let me pop you on the head l been waiting for this a while ask Petty Cash.
Im on youtube in my old studio bangin out on my old MPC. Ha!
had does not = die hard mpc head. us die hard users could not bear the thought of not having an mpc for more than a day or so. Although I mainly use the 3000 I also have a 60 and a 5000 tucked away in the attic. The lpd8 come on man lol
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vigilanti View Post
You get this and a Roland System 8, JD-XA, a Moog Minitaur or something and you can make whole tracks without ever touching the computer.

Plus, as long as you take care of it it should last just as long as an older MPC, 10 20 years. It won't ever be obsolete.

I want to get one, but I'll be 20k in the hole fast! lol
lol 20k in the whole lol that dam Roland System is like what 3gees? Lol
I aint going to lie that Sytem 8 is off the dam chain. Dont be surprise if l get one lol
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Fact is, Ableton Push (and the Ableton ecosystem) holds the market share at the moment. I don't see that changing honestly. Lets hope Akai makes this a good launch
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville101 View Post
Yes had does not = die hard mpc head. us die hard users could not bear the thought of not having an mpc for more than a day or so. Although I mainly use the 3000 I also have a 60 and a 5000 tucked away in the attic. The lpd8 come on man lol
Yes it does. Just cause l took a hiatus don't mean lm not a fan. I almost git another mpc 2000XL but PC told me to wait. Now lm getting the X. I dont need ten of them all l need is one to do my thang.

Oh you laughing at the lpd8? Man l been killin it with that. You are talking to the wrong cat. The tracks you see below was made with the lpd8. Do ummmmm....
As a matter of fact since you got like 3 MPCs ill go up against you with the dam lpd8 and smash yo azz to bits. Laugh at that. WHAT!

Its not whst you got it the talent behind wha you. have.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Yes it does. Just cause l took a hiatus don't mean lm not a fan. I almost git another mpc 2000XL but PC told me to wait. Now lm getting the X. I dont need ten of them all l need is one to do my thang.

Oh you laughing at the lpd8? Man l been killin it with that. You are talking to the wrong cat. The tracks you see below was made with the lpd8. Do ummmmm....
Not making fun of the lpd 8 it's the man not the tool that matters. Just saying that it should not be included in an mpc discussion. Peace.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

As a matter of fact since you got like 3 MPCs ill go up against you with the dam lpd8 and smash yo azz to bits. Laugh at that. WHAT!

Its not whst you got it the talent behind wha you. have.
Smash me to bits prob not tho. And for what it's worth ya track is aight.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Smash me to bits prob not tho. And for what it's worth ya track is aight.
Yeah ahuh, aight for a lpd8 huh lol
Don't sleep dude just cause you heard some RnB ... Just dont sleep. Again me and my lpd8 against all the MPCs you can muster and yo azz will take a dirt nap!
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not making fun of the lpd 8 it's the man not the tool that matters. Just saying that it should not be included in an mpc discussion. Peace.
Well ok ill give you that it shouldnt be in a MPC convo but you dont hsve the right to tell me l aint no fan of the MPC dude. Peace
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Bruh.. Lol

Why do people think a beat battle needs to happen in a discussion thread? Arrogance is a hell of a drug..
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Yeah ahuh, aight for a lpd8 huh lol
Don't sleep dude just cause you heard some RnB ... Just dont sleep. Again me and my lpd8 against all the MPCs you can muster and yo azz will take a dirt nap!
Yes my mpcs are no match for you and your big fish audio sound library. Peace. And yes you are still a wannabe Akai fanboy 1
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
You get this and a Roland System 8, JD-XA, a Moog Minitaur or something and you can make whole tracks without ever touching the computer.

Plus, as long as you take care of it it should last just as long as an older MPC, 10 20 years. It won't ever be obsolete.

I want to get one, but I'll be 20k in the hole fast! lol
I was thinking of doing the same but with the Integra 7 or 5080 but that's where the 8 audio tracks comes into play, while you can get work done with that, it's a pita to have such a small limit. The work around will probably be just sampling the sound and putting on a pad...
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I understand 100% what you're saying and again believe me I'm trying to find a reason (Namm will surely tell). My studio boot time from off to on is maybe 20-25 seconds max then another minute (maaaaaybe) for Ableton to boot my template loaded with a couple dozen soft synths and another dozen audio tracks already loaded with my favorite plugins.

I understand this was the selling point for mpcs of yesteryear (I was there lol) but today, this isn't a selling point imo.

I hope Akai gets it together and drops the 8 audio track limit, that would be a great start, just my opinion.
I was going to mention something about having a startup template when you load Ableton, that's what I use too.

It takes about ~5 minutes for my setup to get up and running, and while I don't have years of experience on MPC's I have used them before and prefer that work flow when making beats.

It's just load it up, hit a few buttons to save, load a new a drum set. Rinse and repeat.

It's not for everyone though and I understand that. The state of software these days allows you to customize your setup to how your brain works.

So you're saying if Akai made a DAW in a box you'd be sold? Where you could track the vocals and the whole 9?
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
I was thinking of doing the same but with the Integra 7 or 5080 but that's where the 8 audio tracks comes into play, while you can get work done with that, it's a pita to have such a small limit. The work around will probably be just sampling the sound and putting on a pad...
Same.

Thats what I was thinking but **** bro, I'm in Ableton looking at 123 tracks right now, Idk how I could work around 8 tracks lol
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
That assuming these maschines have roger Linn mpc build quality. I can see the parts for these newer maschines including the screens being expensive to replace.
It's like everything else, if you use and abuse it of course it won't last long, no matter the quality or who built it.

I'm pretty sure you could put professional work hours on this thing it will last you just as long as any other MPC. We'll have to wait a while to see if that statement holds true though.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was going to mention something about having a startup template when you load Ableton, that's what I use too.

It takes about ~5 minutes for my setup to get up and running, and while I don't have years of experience on MPC's I have used them before and prefer that work flow when making beats.

It's just load it up, hit a few buttons to save, load a new a drum set. Rinse and repeat.

It's not for everyone though and I understand that. The state of software these days allows you to customize your setup to how your brain works.

So you're saying if Akai made a DAW in a box you'd be sold? Where you could track the vocals and the whole 9?
No I hear you man, Im not knocking the mpcx for YOUR or anyone else workflow, I'm just saying that yes I understand the perspective you're coming from, I just don't see how It would work for ME ya know?

What I'm saying is, If only it ran 3rd party plugins and didn't have a limit on audio tracks (or even a higher limit say 32 tracks of audio), id for sure get one even just for the hell of it. As it stands now, Ill play with one at Namm but doubt it would work for what my workflow demands, just my opinion.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
It's like everything else, if you use and abuse it of course it won't last long, no matter the quality or who built it.

I'm pretty sure you could put professional work hours on this thing it will last you just as long as any other MPC. We'll have to wait a while to see if that statement holds true though.
Yup no doubt.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol 20k in the whole lol that dam Roland System is like what 3gees? Lol
I aint going to lie that Sytem 8 is off the dam chain. Dont be surprise if l get one lol
Both the JD-XA and System 9 are like 2 to 3 I think. But then you have to get the interface to track the audio into the DAW, but now that you're looking at 8 or more inputs you have reason to get that board you've been wanting to get. You know how it goes. lol
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Bruh.. Lol

Why do people think a beat battle needs to happen in a discussion thread? Arrogance is a hell of a drug..
Cause the same reason dudes feel the need to be smart azzez in a discussion thread.

You getting it mixed up with confidence. Dudes like you do that.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes my mpcs are no match for you and your big fish audio sound library. Peace. And yes you are still a wannabe Akai fanboy 1
lol now Thats funny. Lol big fish library hahaaa.
Obviously you don't want it.

Back to the MPCx.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Both the JD-XA and System 9 are like 2 to 3 I think. But then you have to get the interface to track the audio into the DAW, but now that you're looking at 8 or more inputs you have reason to get that board you've been wanting to get. You know how it goes. lol
lol hold up man all l was talking about was the System 8. I think all that other stuff isnwhst you want. YOU'RE SUCH A GEAR SLUT LOL haaha
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
You could use separate MIDI channels to play different sounds on the Integra simultaneously.

You could also do it the way you said by sampling, and then chopping the part and putting it on a pad. If you don't usually work that way it seems like a whole lot of work when you can just use a computer and DAW where you're only limited by CPU and disk limits.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

Back to the MPCx.
Want what ? I said you aight fam fam. Practice makes perfect right! Peace.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Seeing some people say the new MPCs can't compete with DAWs. I think some are missing the point of what the MPC has always been: an instrument. It's not trying to be a Pro Tools in a box.

It's trying to be good at what it always was good at: making songs and ideas quick, and making that easy and fun. Especially if you work with samples, it really excels at that. Still gotta love the feeling of rocking things with 16 Levels with the pads. Contributes to your creativity.
Now, getting audio tracks expands the MPC from what it was. And especially with 2.0 in the computer, you get way more tracks than standalone.

I don't think the new MPC is still trying to be a be-all-end-all product and excel at everything, and that's what a lot of people miss. I've always said I find the restaurants with just a few good things on their menu way better than those offering 40 different dishes.

My 2c.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
No I hear you man, Im not knocking the mpcx for YOUR or anyone else workflow, I'm just saying that yes I understand the perspective you're coming from, I just don't see how It would work for ME ya know?

What I'm saying is, If only it ran 3rd party plugins and didn't have a limit on audio tracks (or even a higher limit say 32 tracks of audio), id for sure get one even just for the hell of it. As it stands now, Ill play with one at Namm but doubt it would work for what my workflow demands, just my opinion.
I hear you on the workflow. Everything isn't for everybody.

I see it's just not practical for what you're doing.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

Back to the MPCx.
I can tell you put a lot of big fish I mean pride into what you do fam.
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cause the same reason dudes feel the need to be smart azzez in a discussion thread.

You getting it mixed up with confidence. Dudes like you do that.
I don't get things mixed up man, fact is, confidence is what got me many studio sessions, confidence is what got me the connections I've built over the years (many of whom I now call friends to this day).. You, sir are displaying arrogance! I mean you challenging random people to beat battles makes you look like the old dude in the club.

Im curious are those tracks on your soundcloud indicative to the "complex" drum programming you mentioned earlier?
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol hold up man all l was talking about was the System 8. I think all that other stuff isnwhst you want. YOU'RE SUCH A GEAR SLUT LOL haaha
Old 11th January 2017
Lives for gear

@Ville101 @LuXx @danoc Any chance you guys can take your beef elsewhere? This thread is about the new MPCs, and I bet no-one is interested in your quarrel here. Make it private.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
@Ville101 @LuXx @danoc Any chance you guys can take your beef elsewhere? This thread is about the new MPCs, and I bet no-one is interested in your quarrel here. Make it private.
I'll respect that peace.
Old 11th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
You should know tho that most of us are not interested in your crash course in mixing either. Just saying
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search