The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 9th January 2017
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yeah it is and I'm very interested in the new time stretch algo's as well, this is the one area where I feel the Mpc was always lacking.
The 2000XL had time stretch l was using that thing like a big dog. I like the time stretch in Reason and S1 better. But we shall see. Didnt even think about that feature .
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Maniac

There were the links for pre ordering X and Live version on Sweetwater. Now disappeared!!!!!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Holy sh** it comes with 8 outs oh dam! 8 cv/gate oh snaps! Audio you can record vocals right into it.

Its OVER!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instrmntl View Post
Man that mofo is just flat out gorgeous, really drooling now!!!! Was saving my pennies for a Pro 2 but it's gonna have to wait and gotta talk with my boss at my day job to line up all the OT I can lol....
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo46 View Post
There were the links for pre ordering X and Live version on Sweetwater. Now disappeared!!!!!
Haaaaha ctfu lmao this ish is causing so much of a rukus they took it down lol they probably have to many orders they can't keep lol

Akai wants its throne back.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man that mofo is just flat out gorgeous, really drooling now!!!! Was saving my pennies for a Pro 2 but it's gonna have to wait and gotta talk with my boss at my day job to line up all the OT I can lol....
Hahhaaaaa lmao

DaN.O.C.<'---- fell the hell out lol

Smack l got some questions for you lol

1. Did your azz get any sleep last night ? Lol
2. Now you're pushing back your pro 2 like its an album? Haaaha lol
3. You're going to now snatch up overtime and be selfish on the job? Lmao lol
4. Are you wearing that baby bib I bought you so you will stop drooling all ova the dam place?
5. If I gave you the choice take the MPCx or Paloma Ford which would you take?

Lol
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Hahhaaaaa lmao

DaN.O.C.<'---- fell the hell out lol

Smack l got some questions for you lol

1. Did your azz get any sleep last night ? Lol
2. Now you're pushing back your pro 2 like its an album? Haaaha lol
3. You're going to now snatch up overtime and be selfish on the job? Lmao lol
4. Are you wearing that baby bib I bought you so you will stop drooling all ova the dam place?
5. If I gave you the choice take the MPCx or Paloma Ford which would you take?

Lol
Lol no sleep, I work nights tho so when it's quiet I can browse the net and chat with y'all slutz lmao and you talking bout me, you over there like Fred Sanford talking bout oh this is the big one honey... Yes the damn Pro 2 eludes me again smh lol, gotta steal some OT lol still have a family to feed and of course I'll the X over Pamela Ford's fine a** my wife would kill me, her and you and burn up my lab lol
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lol no sleep, I work nights tho so when it's quiet I can browse the net and chat with y'all slutz lmao and you talking bout me, you over there like Fred Sanford talking bout oh this is the big one honey... Yes the damn Pro 2 eludes me again smh lol, gotta steal some OT lol still have a family to feed and of course I'll the X over Pamela Ford's fine a** my wife would kill me, her and you and burn up my lab lol
Yo l cant stop laughing oh my gawd my side hurts lol
Hey man if your wife getz afta you what do l gotz to do wit it? lol lm an innocent bystander lol yiu better watch your quality time wit wifey better not let see you drooling and kissin all ova that X lol women get jealous of the equipmemt lol

My boy talking bout he gotta hide the X from wifey. Im like how the hell you going to hide that big azz machine lol smh
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instrmntl View Post
We see it now thanks
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

As more details become available I'm noticing that this seems like less of a standalone MPC (4000 ) and more of a computer with the MPC 2.0 software built in. They are definitely moving forward instead of backwards but I'm afraid that most of the things that made the older MPC's popular are no longer present.
Old 9th January 2017
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lol where's Mp3 at? lol
I'm right here man I ain't no beta tester though I told you I'm waiting til this drop and I'm gonna buy somebody's MPC Touch for like $150. Might flip my 2500/JJ/XLCD and pick up the X or Live this summer. Might not... Depending on if I like the Touch/MPC SW or not.

I just keep having the thought that I'm gonna be doing the same thing on the new MPC that I do on the MPC I got right now so why bother???
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well you haven't heard them complain doesn't mean the timing is dead on in DAWs. JayJosh on youtube making a track on the touch I think he was in Logic could be wrong he had to go back and pull his midi drum notes to the line of of the grid and he is no slouch. Dam sure the midi sucks in Protools from day one and I had PT and the mudi still sucks and that supposed ti be the standard.

Im def not a newbie. You claimed you haven't heard anyone complaining about the midi? I have to ask where have you been? Dudes all over the net want a stand alone MPC most for that same reasin and a lot of them are here! Akai has herad this cry if they nail it this will be ground breaking watch what I tell you.

No lie not to long ago I asked Petty Cash who comes here about the MPC Black and will the sequencer be as tight as the MPC xl he tokd me to make a long story short WAIT FOR THE MPC LIVE!
He is the one that told me about it i didnt know. So just because you dont hear complaints doesnt mean people aren't complaining.
Exactly, Windows is plagued with jitters from OS to OS. Windows 10 being the worse from what I've read.

I'm using Windows 10 with Maschine with a current i5 6500 and a 512 SSD. It's running great, but that's Maschine, I can't speak for all devices and midi drivers.

M-Audio's Midi Sport was a nightmare for me and never worked. It made notes stick and many other things. I could never say midi isn't an issue, which is sad because it's 40 year old tech.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

@danoc the X seems like an MPC I can move up to over time.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Fire View Post
As more details become available I'm noticing that this seems like less of a standalone MPC (4000 ) and more of a computer with the MPC 2.0 software built in. They are definitely moving forward instead of backwards but I'm afraid that most of the things that made the older MPC's popular are no longer present.
they have to move forward, and hopefully 3rd party sound Libraries will support the format.

We need the MPC alive and well, I like Maschine but it lacks many things I need.

Does these MPCs have auto beat detections? Or a fast way to lock to tempo?
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
they have to move forward, and hopefully 3rd party sound Libraries will support the format.

We need the MPC alive and well, I like Maschine but it lacks many things I need.

Does these MPCs have auto beat detections? Or a fast way to lock to tempo?
Check this video and you tell me.

Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Fire View Post
The 4000 is running SW as well, really the first one with complicated SW at that, very deep machine... Yes they are moving forward but a glimpse of the past is definitely still there hints all this commotion, one concern tho, hope it's built like the tanks of the past... It won't sound like the old machines either, would be nice if it had that 4000 sound (clean and big) it will sound super clean like a daw I think....

Edit: yes they have tempo detection that came with 1.8 (don't quote me on that) but it's there..
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
Check this video and you tell me.

Ok officially mind is blown had to quickly roll up one and watch it again just wow!!!!!
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok officially mind is blown had to quickly roll up one and watch it again just wow!!!!!
Right! I love this vid for its realism because that would be me with backpack and all recording at different houses and studios.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
1. I really don't comprehend this question.
2. From the past MPCs when you turn up the tempo it would effect the pitch probably so on this being its a standalone.
3. On the standalone MPC its called measurements and you can set it up to be very long.
4. It depends how much memory the MPCx has to do this. On the MPCx internal memory is 16 gigs and 10 gigs has dounds on it. So you might be able to do it.
5. On the 2000XL it was 999 tracks i believe. On the X it could be more or the same l dont see Akai lowering the tracks.
6. Dont comprehend that question.
7. If it does have 6 outs you can track out. To come back into the MPCx you would have sample the stereo back into the MPCx unless it has two TRS inputs.

We have seen only a few specs of the MPCx do you'll have to wait and see.
Excellent, thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Right, so I just read and watched the latest links. Impressive! I'm definitely in for sure now.

1> I've never used an MPC before, but I'm used to seeing effect sends, auxs, etc on gear. I don't use plugins for reverbs or effects, but hardware boxes, so I didn't see any "sends" on the MPCX except the outputs, which you could send to a mixer and get the same results.

6> right, so on some samplers, like Push2, you can assign different velocity layers to one pad. Like when playing a high hat and you want velocity to change the volume of the hats from softer to louder to make it groove or not stay the same volume, like a real drummer, but instead of triggering the hats velocity, harder or softer pad hits can trigger a different layer of sound. So you could have a bass note, kick drum, and whatever other sound trigger from one pad by how hard or soft you play the pad.

Cheers
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Hey any idea can the MPC X play long wav files and does it have dedicated audio tracks in its seq?

thanks!

-Tomi
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaias View Post
Hey any idea can the MPC X play long wav files and does it have dedicated audio tracks in its seq?

thanks!

-Tomi
Did you not see the vid 6 posts up? Audio tracks was shown and locks on different tempos on the fly.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

I wish they would make a video that showcases the 2.0 software only.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

The MPC X looks exactly like what all the MPC heads have been looking for. A standalone updated MPC that acts as the brain of the studio. You got your phono inputs to sample and your 8 outs to bounce your beat out to the DAW when you're finished.

As long as the OS is solid and the effects are half way decent it looks like they have a winner on their hands. Can't wait to hear all the people complain about how it still doesn't sound like an MPC2000, or MPC3000 or what not.
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Maniac

A bombshell in NI's hands.........
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondat View Post
I wish they would make a video that showcases the 2.0 software only.
Don't there's been that many changes besides what they have shown, I'm sure someone will do a in-depth view of audio tracks and time-streaching, which is really cool from the looks of it but they was doing on a track level, I wanna see it on a sample....
Old 9th January 2017
Gear Guru

finally standalone.
looks like a potential powerhouse.
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
I'm right here man I ain't no beta tester though I told you I'm waiting til this drop and I'm gonna buy somebody's MPC Touch for like $150. Might flip my 2500/JJ/XLCD and pick up the X or Live this summer. Might not... Depending on if I like the Touch/MPC SW or not.

I just keep having the thought that I'm gonna be doing the same thing on the new MPC that I do on the MPC I got right now so why bother???
Man who you getting a mpc touch from for $150 bucks used in mint condition?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search