The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
I never clicked with that whole touch screen anyway, on the touch maybe but definitely not the X,reaching over the machine when editing/chopping samples is something I would never do I would always use the jog wheel and keep all the finger prints and smudges off that nice display....
Yea same. I like that it has a big display giving us plenty of visual feedback, but I doubt I would be using the touch functionality for much, other than naming tracks using the onscreen keyboard.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. who? View Post
This is a great point... (other points are as well)

About the studio black, I think it was nothing more than a money grab to exhaust inventory. Much like they did with the fly and element - I think those were the names.

I anticipate the price drop on the touch was to make room for the Live, and make the Touch the entry-level MPC. That would allow focusing on one interface (touch, live and x), instead of wasting resources on making software enhancements, then figuring out how to present advanced features on that 1980's display. They already have features that will never translate to the Ren / studio, like the xy effects. I couldn't imagine how they'd present audio tracks on such an antiquated display. And as an adopter, I'd hate to know they're spinning cycles trying to accommodate those displays to new, advanced capabilities. Give the Ren / studio users 2.0, then make 2.1 and beyond about the touch platforms exclusively.

But yeah, we'll never know. And I'm the first to admit my thoughts are just unsubstantiated banter. Lol.
Unsubstantiated banter is most of what we got right now while we continue to wait lol. As much sense as this makes, it would be a real shame if they didn't extend the support any further than that. There are still plenty of people out there that prefer having a more traditional set of physical controls on their MPC device. If they get rid of support for the Ren and Studio, that only leaves the MPC X as an option for that.

I'm not totally against having touch displays for things in the studio though. For instance, I absolutely like keyboard workstations that have a touch display. I also don't mind using a tablet or smartphone as a remote for controlling my DAWs during certain types of sessions; but I draw the line at actually editing and mixing audio using a touch display, which is why I don't have a Slate Raven, as cool as they look sitting in the studio. I still like the touch and feel of working with real motorized faders, a decent jog wheel, transport control buttons, and a good ole mouse and keyboard where ever necessary.

MPC wise, I would choose the MPC X over the Live anytime for nothing more than the fact that the X has a full set of physical controls laid out in the traditional MPC format.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

For me as an ex Ren owner I don't see any drama regarding the paid upgrade/ update to V2.0

The obvious additions of audio tracks are no doubt worthy but the roadmap for the HW is a glaring omission.

I have alternate purchases if Akai don't come up with the goods.

Cheers
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
I never clicked with that whole touch screen anyway, on the touch maybe but definitely not the X,reaching over the machine when editing/chopping samples is something I would never do I would always use the jog wheel and keep all the finger prints and smudges off that nice display....
Im like you touvh screen don't wow me. Give me the jog wheel and knobs and let me see a huge display of it and Im gone.
But I might use it sometimes. I invested in some monitor wipes.
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Im like you touvh screen don't wow me. Give me the jog wheel and knobs and let me see a huge display of it and Im gone.
But I might use it sometimes. I invested in some monitor wipes.
The touch screen would be great to quickly select a setting, than use the physical hardware buttons to change the parameter.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

I know there are a few on here that use Studio One 3 and the new fader port 8 is an alternative to using the mouse and gives a good degree of control over your session and plugs.

Cheers
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
I know there are a few on here that use Studio One 3 and the new fader port 8 is an alternative to using the mouse and gives a good degree of control over your session and plugs.

Cheers
I have S1-3 but not Fp8. Others are saying its tight. But I would look into the QCon.
Old 8th January 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I know I'm probably very unpopular with this... but I like that move. Sooner or later they gotta get people off of those legacy platforms. Can't spend much more energy supporting those antiquated displays when they're clearly headed toward Touch displays as the core. People that do that same math will see it makes more sense to buy a new MPC. Reward the people that made the investment in the new platform. Not the ones that stayed, or will stay behind. its a common move by many software companies.

Now given that, it sucks yeah. LOL.
LOL haahaaaha lmao.
Well check this out they should of given HDMI or DVI ports in the back of the MPCx with touch capabilities if you bought a touch screen out the store. That would murder the market.

I agree getting a new MPC is where its at thats why lve been patient so long.

Well they should rewsrd at least the Ren and Studio generation cause they operate of that software and the supported them .
Man! HDMI or DVI??? That'd be awesome.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Man! HDMI or DVI??? That'd be awesome.
Yo do you understand how sexy that would look in your studio rocking a 30 inch or 32 flat screen? In HDMI or DVI the crispiness of your software would look so dope you will be inspired to make dope tracks. They messed up on that I swear. All I was looking for is one port. Not to much to ask for. They did it on the MPC 3000. Im using VGA NOW on my PC win 7 now but I have an i7 PC blown the hell out with dual DVI ports that I haven't opened yet.

Tbat MPCx would of had its own screen...aaaahhhh Akai makes me sick some times.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post

I'm not totally against having touch displays for things in the studio though. For instance, I absolutely like keyboard workstations that have a touch display. I also don't mind using a tablet or smartphone as a remote for controlling my DAWs during certain types of sessions; but I draw the line at actually editing and mixing audio using a touch display, which is why I don't have a Slate Raven, as cool as they look sitting in the studio. I still like the touch and feel of working with real motorized faders, a decent jog wheel, transport control buttons, and a good ole mouse and keyboard where ever necessary.

MPC wise, I would choose the MPC X over the Live anytime for nothing more than the fact that the X has a full set of physical controls laid out in the traditional MPC format.
Exactly! !!!
My first touch screen was the Korg Trinity 61 keyboard I love that thing. Touch screen on an MPC don't move me. The physical buttons do. I would never buy into a mixer with touch screen. I want the physical faders and buttons that lm use to.
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Tbat MPCx would of had its own screen...aaaahhhh Akai makes me sick some times.
Erasure - sometimes
(to my knowledge vince clarke is not a MPC adept)

https://youtu.be/VvU6T2t_n-Q
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger001 View Post
Erasure - sometimes
(to my knowledge vince clarke is not a MPC adept)

https://youtu.be/VvU6T2t_n-Q
Definitely not an adept !!! What is tha crazy video?
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Definitely not an adept !!! What is tha crazy video?

that vince clarke and andy bell bringing it
vince was instigator in yazoo & depeche mode and all into (drum) synths & melodie

and now his NY record label : http://veryrecords.com - @VeryRecords
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger001 View Post
that vince clarke and andy bell bringing it
vince was instigator in yazoo & depeche mode and all into (drum) synths & melodie

and now his NY record label : VeryRecords - @VeryRecords
Okay.........
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Here you gohttp://www.zzounds.com/item--AKAMPCX
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
Cant see it to much info. Cut it down to just tslk about what you're talking about. Peace
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

I see now dam the price whew
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Cant see it to much info. Cut it down to just tslk about what you're talking about. Peace
Here is the link Akai MPC X Music Production Workstation | zZounds
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Thought I'd screen grab it I case it gets removed good spot .
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Ok so they are putting it out first (((clapping)))

Its a preorder so it dhould be out by February. Ill wait till it drops!

Im getting ready lol boy im so hype lm catching a headache lol

Thank you yall for posting. I see i aint the only one watching it.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok so they are putting it out first (((clapping)))

Its a preorder so it dhould be out by February. Ill wait till it drops!

Im getting ready lol boy im so hype lm catching a headache lol

Thank you yall for posting. I see i aint the only one watching it.
It says 9 th of March
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Yo it go cv/gate oh dammmmm.
"Above and Beyond

The MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. "

Dammmm
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E.D in mpc View Post
Thanks man!!!#####!!!!!!!!#
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks man!!!#####!!!!!!!!#
No doubt.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

That thing is a pricey beast man! With a 10-inch OLED display I can't say that I'm surprised though. They apparently took the build quality of this thing seriously. Gonna have to pick up some extra projects to ensure I can grab this thing in spring.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E.D in mpc View Post
No doubt.
Let me ask a question do you know when in standalone if you make your song loops you can internally record them then send them out via usb? Anyone who knows can answer.

Thanks.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
That thing is a pricey beast man! With a 10-inch OLED display I can't say that I'm surprised though. They apparently took the build quality of this thing seriously. Gonna have to pick up some extra projects to ensure I can grab this thing in spring.
lol ima put the extra $300 to it and i got some projects thats going to put that money back and then some lol why you think lm so gun ho on this? Man i seen this coming I knew it would be about 2 grand!

That Live might be $899-$1,200

Right now its a dam true all the way hybrid . Aint a dam machine on this planet messing with the MPCx right now!
Lets see what all the other companies do right now.

When i put up my i7 PC l am selling the one lm using now. I won't have to worry about a PC for a long while.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
It says 9 th of March
Great l will be freakin ready! Marking it down. They need to put out more info on it.

Im going to make a vid of me unpacking it
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search