The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mpc X
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

SmackDammit,

You beat me to it bro,

At least the Live is going to hopefully ship in Feb.

If that's the case it sorta means that whoever buys the live will be the Guinea pig for the X if it's not going to be released 3-6 months down the track.
This will help beat the bugs and beta test the software for the bigger X.

I guess at this stage there is no real reputable info so we can all take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
I believe XT is in K11u, Im debating on upgrading to K11u, I have K10u so its not a huge difference.
I'm not paying full price for the update even if I do, that much is certain. Not enough new content to justify the jump at the full amount, so it's just a matter of playing that waiting game and seeing how low the price will go.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
I'm not paying full price for the update even if I do, that much is certain. Not enough new content to justify the jump at the full amount, so it's just a matter of playing that waiting game and seeing how low the price will go.
General rule of thumb I think for NI Komplete upgrades is every other iteration makes the most sense.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
SmackDammit,

You beat me to it bro,

At least the Live is going to hopefully ship in Feb.

If that's the case it sorta means that whoever buys the live will be the Guinea pig for the X if it's not going to be released 3-6 months down the track.
This will help beat the bugs and beta test the software for the bigger X.

I guess at this stage there is no real reputable info so we can all take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers
All of the current lineup (except for the Element obviously) will serve as the guinea pig. The MPC X is pretty much "MPC Ren X MPC Touch".
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXx View Post
General rule of thumb I think for NI Komplete upgrades is every other iteration makes the most sense.
Seems like the general rule of thumb for most things having to do with computer software and tech. Tick and Tock.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Just took a peep over @ mpc forums and supposedly the Live is coming 1st followed by X which will be 5-7 months out and namm will be all about Mpc live and the 2.0 software... Don't take my word tho, just something I read....
No offence to the MPC Live... but JUST GIMME THE DAMN SOFTWARE! lol

I know there are plenty of us right now who already have an MPC controller that couldn't care less about the MPC Live and just want to update our software finally. Especially those who currently own the MPC Touch...
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

If that's the case I might just go out and buy my Ren back or get another one.

Cheers
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just took a peep over @ mpc forums and supposedly the Live is coming 1st followed by X which will be 5-7 months out and namm will be all about Mpc live and the 2.0 software... Don't take my word tho, just something I read....
To me that's terrible marketing. Its not like I will dive into the Live boat and get that. They need to get that X out quickly
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
If that's the case I might just go out and buy my Ren back or get another one.

Cheers
As long as you don't care about the standalone aspect of the MPC X, or having the multi-touch display, you would be saving a lot of money and still be able to use MPC 2.0.
Old 7th January 2017
Quote:
As long as you don't care about the standalone aspect of the MPC X, or having the multi-touch display, you would be saving a lot of money and still be able to use MPC 2.0.
Definitely agree. My question would be for how long though? I'm not a Ren user, so doesn't impact me either way, but I just can't see the Ren being anything more than a brick within a version or two. I would try to find out how far the Ren will go. The platform is clearly moving to a larger touch interface. I could easily see them say that 2.0 is the final supported version for the Ren, and if you want to keep the Ren, you'll be limited to 2.0. I just can't see support going much further than that.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Looks like Touch users will get 2.0 for free. Ren and Studio users gotta fork it over.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Did Akai say the would upgrade the Rens software to 2.0?
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. who? View Post
Definitely agree. My question would be for how long though? I'm not a Ren user, so doesn't impact me either way, but I just can't see the Ren being anything more than a brick within a version or two. I would try to find out how far the Ren will go. The platform is clearly moving to a larger touch interface. I could easily see them say that 2.0 is the final supported version for the Ren, and if you want to keep the Ren, you'll be limited to 2.0. I just can't see support going much further than that.
Dam that's messed up. Im so glad I didn't get the Ren.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
Looks like Touch users will get 2.0 for free. Ren and Studio users gotta fork it over.
Hold up if you got touch you get 2.0 for free? But Ren and Studio users gotta pay? I would be pissed as a Ren and Studio user.
Where didbyou get that info?
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

What I wanted ib the MPCx was either HDMI slot or DVI slot to connect any size monitor to it. As a standalone do you know dope that would of been? Looking at thins on a 30 inch would of been crazy.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Hold up if you got touch you get 2.0 for free? But Ren and Studio users gotta pay? I would be pissed as a Ren and Studio user.
Courtesy of MPC-forums.com

Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah man that's raw, so all the Ren and Studio users who's money actually/probably funded the Touch and the Nu SW gets left out!!!!
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Me thinks Akai could be double dipping.

Peeps that want the V2 software and touch screen and standalone are gonna be desperate for anything so they go out and buy the Live which gives them all 3 and then hey that's great for on the road or live but what about the studio.

Well go out and get the X when it becomes available and then you get all 3 again.

999 for the Live which still is cheaper by 500 usd than the Toraiz and go get X at 1499 -1999 when it becomes available.

Just speculating and another conspiracy theory here but hey stranger things have happened.

Cheers
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Courtesy of MPC-forums.com
Thanks for that info. That's messed up.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah man that's raw, so all the Ren and Studio users who's money actually/probably funded the Touch and the Nu SW gets left out!!!!
As I said before Ren users are going to be pissed.
Sound like an Avid move smh
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

I smell a MPCx rant video coming via ME!!!

The marketing is stupid. You put out your most expensive product first then drop the least expensive.
Old 8th January 2017
Quote:
As I said before Ren users are going to be pissed.
Sound like an Avid move smh
I know I'm probably very unpopular with this... but I like that move. Sooner or later they gotta get people off of those legacy platforms. Can't spend much more energy supporting those antiquated displays when they're clearly headed toward Touch displays as the core. People that do that same math will see it makes more sense to buy a new MPC. Reward the people that made the investment in the new platform. Not the ones that stayed, or will stay behind. its a common move by many software companies.

Now given that, it sucks yeah. LOL.
Old 8th January 2017
Quote:
I smell a MPCx rant video coming via ME!!!

The marketing is stupid. You put out your most expensive product first then drop the least expensive.
And they'll deserve it. Lol. I agree with most expensive first.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know I'm probably very unpopular with this... but I like that move. Sooner or later they gotta get people off of those legacy platforms. Can't spend much more energy supporting those antiquated displays when they're clearly headed toward Touch displays as the core. People that do that same math will see it makes more sense to buy a new MPC. Reward the people that made the investment in the new platform. Not the ones that stayed, or will stay behind. its a common move by many software companies.

Now given that, it sucks yeah. LOL.
LOL haahaaaha lmao.
Well check this out they should of given HDMI or DVI ports in the back of the MPCx with touch capabilities if you bought a touch screen out the store. That would murder the market.

I agree getting a new MPC is where its at thats why lve been patient so long.

Well they should rewsrd at least the Ren and Studio generation cause they operate of that software and the supported them .
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Touch users should get 2.0 for free, because it was suggested that 2.0 would come out shortly after the release of the MPC Touch and it didn't. It should probably even be the same story with the MPC Studio Black, which came out around the same time.

I just hope the cost of the update isn't some crazy absurd amount.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
As an MPC user, I gotta say it's a fair deal. Dudes wen't out and bought the MPC Touch thinking that 2.0 was going to be months away, and if it were just months away, they would have gotten it for free then and the Ren and Studio users would still have to pay for it anyway. 2.0 was advertised alongside the MPC Touch. If it wasn't, then the case would be a bit different. But as I just mentioned, I think that upgrade deal should also include MPC Studio Black owners, since that also came out around the same time as the MPC Touch.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
My question would be for how long though? I'm not a Ren user, so doesn't impact me either way, but I just can't see the Ren being anything more than a brick within a version or two. I would try to find out how far the Ren will go. The platform is clearly moving to a larger touch interface. I could easily see them say that 2.0 is the final supported version for the Ren, and if you want to keep the Ren, you'll be limited to 2.0. I just can't see support going much further than that.
We'll never really know without insider info, but a year ago when the MPC Touch and MPC Studio Black got released, I was saying that Akai making the MPC Studio Black was a good sign for Ren users, because as long as they keep supporting the MPC Studio, that should also transfer over as support for the Ren because the MPC Software interacts with those two controllers in a very similar way.

Another good sign that the Ren will hopefully receive extended support is the MPC X. Even though it has the multi-touch display, it has pretty much the same layout of physical controls as the Ren, meaning there will or at least should always be a way to do things using the physical controls as an option, rather than the touch display.

If the product line survives all the way to a 3.0, that will be a long way off, so by then, the idea of having to upgrade to a new MPC controller wouldn't be as much of an outrage, and most power users would probably upgrade to something newer by then to take fuller advantage of using the software.. That's the sort of thing we have to deal with though when messing with anything based on working with a Windows or Mac computer... Which brings me to another interesting point. The MPC Live and MPC X having standalone capability means, even when the Mac/Win portion of the product becomes outdated on your current desktop or laptop computer, you'll still be able to get your groove on in standalone mode as long as the MPC itself still functions. Done right, the MPC X can be what the Ren wasn't able to be...... something compelling enough to finally put some of our legacy MPC hardware into permanent retirement.
Old 8th January 2017
Quote:
Which brings me to another interesting point. The MPC Live and MPC X having standalone capability means, even when the Mac/Win portion of the product becomes outdated on your current desktop or laptop computer, you'll still be able to get your groove on in standalone mode as long as the MPC itself still functions. Done right, the MPC X can be what the Ren wasn't able to be...... something compelling enough to finally put some of our legacy MPC hardware into permanent retirement.
This is a great point... (other points are as well)

About the studio black, I think it was nothing more than a money grab to exhaust inventory. Much like they did with the fly and element - I think those were the names.

I anticipate the price drop on the touch was to make room for the Live, and make the Touch the entry-level MPC. That would allow focusing on one interface (touch, live and x), instead of wasting resources on making software enhancements, then figuring out how to present advanced features on that 1980's display. They already have features that will never translate to the Ren / studio, like the xy effects. I couldn't imagine how they'd present audio tracks on such an antiquated display. And as an adopter, I'd hate to know they're spinning cycles trying to accommodate those displays to new, advanced capabilities. Give the Ren / studio users 2.0, then make 2.1 and beyond about the touch platforms exclusively.

But yeah, we'll never know. And I'm the first to admit my thoughts are just unsubstantiated banter. Lol.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Which brings me to another interesting point. The MPC Live and MPC X having standalone capability means, even when the Mac/Win portion of the product becomes outdated on your current desktop or laptop computer, you'll still be able to get your groove on in standalone mode as long as the MPC itself still functions. Done right, the MPC X can be what the Ren wasn't able to be...... something compelling enough to finally put some of our legacy MPC hardware into permanent retirement.
Kapoooow! !!! You hit it on the head
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

I never clicked with that whole touch screen anyway, on the touch maybe but definitely not the X,reaching over the machine when editing/chopping samples is something I would never do I would always use the jog wheel and keep all the finger prints and smudges off that nice display....
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search