The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What was the best things you bought in 2016? Studio Monitors
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuel View Post
You said you've been waiting a long time for such mpc to be launched, why dont you wait a lil more just to get the reviews (the serious ones with a few month of use)... The mpc slouch was meant to be some next level stuff and happend to be a big let down for a lot of it's users, when you look at the vids you can see how ugly and menu driven the interface is.
I will wait. I learn since 2002 don't buy stuff or uprade unyill the kinks are out
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman Young View Post
The $250 I contributed to Donald Trump. He is going to make America great again!
What?! lol smh I hope to the high heavens that was a joke.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
What?! lol smh I hope to the high heavens that was a joke.
Right now I am constantly getting sounds, and I just bought Pulse by Snow Audio for O2 and the basses in that thing is so sexy and so hot I am glad I bought it and it was only $21 You can't beat getting great sounding Patches for that price that sound professional. Tomorrow I am getting Delight for O2 as a patch that thing sounds great, got those sounds for movies, tracks, etc I mean I am happy I got O2.

What I know I am getting for 2017 is:
1. Keyscape Spectrasonics
2. MPC X Akai
3. Fader Port 8 Presonus!
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Head

studio one 3 professional
warm audio wa 12
aston origin
jbl lsr 305
aurturia mini lab
a desktop instead of always using the laptop
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJon View Post
warm audio wa 12
aston origin
jbl lsr 305
aurturia mini lab
Thumb up! To Studio One 3 that was my best top investment
Old 30th December 2016
Quote:
warm audio wa 12
aston origin
jbl lsr 305
aurturia mini lab

How you finding that Aston Origin?

Might be on my list for 2017. Also interested in the Warm Audio WA87. Softube Console One.

This year I bought:

Komplete 10
Maschine
Komplete Kontrol
More UAD processing power via a Satellite Quad, and tons more UAD plugins.
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post

Might be on my list for 2017. Also interested in the Warm Audio WA87. Softube Console One.

This year I bought:

Komplete 10
Maschine
Komplete Kontrol
I use to have UAD they are the bomb! Great things you bought.
Old 31st December 2016
Just copped the UAD Apollo Twin for Mac on the last day in 2016 and really have that aha moment using it with their plugins :-O
I have the Genelecs M040 on them. Really good!
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

gotta add renewing my Soundcloud PRO account for the nth year.

I had nothing but positive experiences with them over the course of many years now
Old 31st December 2016
BOOKS......Lots of them.

For me, I bought a new mic which has made an impact but not some mindboggling experience, nor was I expecting it to be. I should have waited to get the next model up, and I knew it when I bought it, but was itching with a little cash in hand, so I got it. Happy with the purchase and will use it to complete the current projects I'm involved in.

But I must say that my best investment was not gear at all.
The best purchase of this year was a pretty heavy amount of books.
It expanded my thought process of things I didn't know, gave more details on things I already knew, boosted the vocabulary, and provided several topics and titles. I had concepts, topics and titles that were triggered so quickly that I began to keep a running note pad document of just that. Nothing but titles and concepts. Looking forward to completing the project I'm inside of now, so I can get into knocking out some of these new ideas that I got from the books I managed to read this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
gotta add renewing my Soundcloud PRO account for the nth year.

I had nothing but positive experiences with them over the course of many years now
Congrats on the well received productions and releases. Yes, hurry up and handle that dude before they shut you off or something.....
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drethe5th View Post
Congrats on the well received productions and releases. Yes, hurry up and handle that dude before they shut you off or something.....
thanks man, have a safe and happy new year homie!
Old 1st January 2017
Lives for gear

before 12 struck LOL I got From ADSR site "Delight" oh my GAWD this is for O2 and it sounds crazy on sale for $17 you can't beat that. that's my last purchase for 2016, Yall have a great new year, I got some good news too, so I am happy, for the first and second quarter of next year! :-)

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/o...-joseph-hollo/
Old 1st January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

This year I bought:

Komplete 10
Maschine
Komplete Kontrol
lets just say im in school for audio engineering. for one of our labs we were doing shootouts between the mics in the studio. my instructor loves the akg c414. so i asked if i could bring in the origin to add in the shootouts. he had never heard one so he agreed. it blew the c414 out of the water and he is now purchasing one. he made sure everyone in the class knew about the origin due to the quality to price ratio.
Old 1st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
lets just say im in school for audio engineering. for one of our labs we were doing shootouts between the mics in the studio. my instructor loves the akg c414. so i asked if i could bring in the origin to add in the shootouts. he had never heard one so he agreed. it blew the c414 out of the water and he is now purchasing one. he made sure everyone in the class knew about the origin due to the quality to price ratio.
You think the Aston Origin is better than the Sterling T69 or Audio Technica 4050?
Old 1st January 2017
Lives for gear

Best purchase in 2016
iPad Air 2 128gb
It is the HipHop machine i always dreamed of, next to the decks
Sampling Drum Machines
Recording
DVS for cutting
It's a dream machine for writing tunes.
Old 1st January 2017
Quote:
Thanks man

For the price it seems that it's punching above its weight. I'll probably check it out later this year. I'm using a Rode K2 with modded tubes right now which I'm happy with, but always looking for other flavours.
Old 1st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks man

For the price it seems that it's punching above its weight. I'll probably check it out later this year. I'm using a Rode K2 with modded tubes right now which I'm happy with, but always looking for other flavours.
Yeah true dat Im looking at the Neumann TLM 49. I HAD ONE BEFORE. With addition to another mic.looking at that Sterling T69 thats a nice looking mic and sounds great.
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Maniac

iPad Pro 12.9. I doing everything on the iPad now. Gonna run modstep and Auria.
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblessin View Post
Nice!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Head

the aston is nice and warm... its not hyped at all (no high boost) it seems to have a slight boost in the 200 k area which i enjoy. its british so it has a little color thats hard to explain. i love it though. i have it and a rode nt1a and i only use the nt1a now for acoustic guitars. as far as it being better than Sterling T69 or Audio Technica 4050., im not sure. i havent heard those mics. the only audio technica we have at the schools studio is a tube mic... a 4060 i believe
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblessin View Post
Make sure you do some tests with Modstep before relying on it.
Its support for AU/IAA is horrible (Most people run it into AUM hosting instruments/effects)
It's timing of MIDI events is very poor in the current version.
Any sample loaded in to the sampler that is not at the standard iPad bitrate will have a big delay being triggered
There is a bunch of other issues with it too, so give it a good testing because the developers are come and go and rarely listen to bug reports/suggestions.
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the heads up on modstep. It's not too expensive, so it won't be too much of a loss.
Old 3rd January 2017
I loved 2016!

1. MPK249, hands down my favorite midi controller of all time.

2. Reason 9, I love this new version of Reason with the players...the scales and chords function is really useful.

3. Pro Tools 12, I upgraded from 11 and I enjoy the fact I can commit virtual instruments super easy now. Freezing tracks is also super awesome.

4. I built my own Hackintosh. Not that I needed it, but it's the gearslut in me. Im hungry for more power than i'll probably ever use.

5. Yamaha MSP10 Studios, I love these monitors.

6. Yamaha NS10m Studios, I also love these monitors.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear
GML 8200
(8) x ADM EQ (inductor)
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Beats View Post
I loved 2016!

1. MPK249, hands down my favorite midi controller of all time.

2. Reason 9, I love this new version of Reason with the players...the scales and chords function is really useful.

3. Pro Tools 12, I upgraded from 11 and I enjoy the fact I can commit virtual instruments super easy now. Freezing tracks is also super awesome.

4. I built my own Hackintosh. Not that I needed it, but it's the gearslut in me. Im hungry for more power than i'll probably ever use.

5. Yamaha MSP10 Studios, I love these monitors.

6. Yamaha NS10m Studios, I also love these monitors.
Oh this is why you don't have any money to get thst MPCx lol
Good list.
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yo how you loving that MPC touch? Did it advance you production? I want the MPC Live stand alone
I love it! It's a great addition to my workflow in Studio One. Standalone doesn't really fit my needs but that MPC X looks nice! I hope AKAI releases 2.0 software at winter NAMM
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLOSONIX View Post
I love it! It's a great addition to my workflow in Studio One. Standalone doesn't really fit my needs but that MPC X looks nice! I hope AKAI releases 2.0 software at winter NAMM
Yo I switched to get the MPCx lol. Oh you got Studio One too? Thats cool it fit for you.

Well I saw the specs for the MPCx and 2.0 software will be with it.

The MPCx is going to he a perfect fit for and I hope it drops soon.
Old 3rd January 2017
Quote:
Oh this is why you don't have any money to get thst MPCx lol
Good list.
Yes sir, guilty. Lol
Old 3rd January 2017
Here for the gear

Bought a Maschine mk2. Had been on Reason with an mpd for many years and was becoming less and less inspired. Maschine isn't perfect but it's sparked my enthusiasm again.

Also ditched all my pirated plugs and bought the soundtoys bundle and slate everything.

2017 I aim for a new interface and mic.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo_Beats View Post
Yes sir, guilty. Lol
lol I bet you'll find some way to get it. Lol
There's always AMS

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search