The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What was the best things you bought in 2016? Studio Monitors
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the Mpc X depending on the quality I may buy one
Def gonna grab a machine jam to go with maschine and kontrol , and I gas for a system 8 .
MPC X? What's that? Will it be stand alone?
Right now I'm eyeing tha Presonus fader port 8 being next year Im building my studio sround it. I found out that can control the entire Reason 9 with that. I am over joyed.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

1. Ableton Live
2. Roland sp808
3. Getting rid of my Touch and reverting back to the Ren.

It took me a while to get used to Ableton but I'm glad I did. I still wish it had tab to transient and waveform gain control like other Daws.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondat View Post
1. Ableton Live
2. Roland sp808

It took me a while to get used to Ableton but I'm glad I did. I still wish it had tab to transient and waveform gain control like other Daws.
Cool.
You're getting rid of the Touch? Wow that's a shocker for real.
Time out -/-! Ab Live don't have tab to transient and no waveform gain?
Dam dude Studio One Has both and its on its 3rd version. Smh
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Right now I'm eyeing tha Presonus fader port 8 being next year Im building my studio sround it. I found out that can control the entire Reason 9 with that. I am over joyed.
Yeah stand alone , the unit looks the same size as the ren
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Akai MPC Forums - MPC Live + MPC X: new standalone touchscreen MPCs? : MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio & MPC Touch - Page 33
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now you should know I have played around with the VIrus Ti. The Refills have the exact sounds from the VTi. :-) when I get it i will show ya.
That refill will have some of the sounds but the Virus Ti literally has hundreds of banks you can download for free from Access... And you still won't have the Ti's filters,envs,fx,etc.....
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

My UAD Apollo, UVI Falcon with the vintage vault sounds and Keyscape.... Now all I'm lusting over is that damn Dsi Pro 2, no more software for me, lol I hope.....
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool.
You're getting rid of the Touch? Wow that's a shocker for real.
Time out -/-! Ab Live don't have tab to transient and no waveform gain?
Dam dude Studio One Has both and its on its 3rd version. Smh
There is clip gain in live of course and it does have pretty advanced transient detection features, it doesnt behave like pt in that regard because editing is not it's main focus but you can get the job done too.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

I bought into the new Akai standalone.

Biggest problem is that they haven't delivered it yet.

Cheers
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
That refill will have some of the sounds but the Virus Ti literally has hundreds of banks you can download for free from Access... And you still won't have the Ti's filters,envs,fx,etc.....
Yeah true, but I will have every sound from it, 60 gigs, on 12 DVDs, you do know Reason has filters, envs, Fx etc right? Plus I can add more affects to it in Reason the way the chain is in Reason, I can get more crazy in Reason than on the Virus. Hey the buyers of music won't know if its a Virus or not only we will LOL They can care lets.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahuel View Post
There is clip gain in live of course and it does have pretty advanced transient detection features, it doesnt behave like pt in that regard because editing is not it's main focus but you can get the job done too.
Oh ok, I ain't the one that said it though LOL As long as you can get the job done. I don't use live, I let that demo go years ago when it first came out, didn't like it.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

HOLY CRAP!!!

This thing is sweeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt! But I thought they were going to make it small like the MPC Touch? And it has touch screen! Oh my GAWD!!!! WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU START A THREAD ABOUT THIS ALREADY DUDE WTF! LOL

I can buy into this, if this is stand alone, That will be in my studio, Problem solved!!! That is bananas! I need to see the specs and know that I don't have to record into an interface but use usb to slide my loops into the computer then I can bring it up in Reason or S1. That's what the heck they should of made in the first place, those that got the Ren and Touch are going to be PISSED OFF! lol That's why I didn't buy into it, my moto, "Wait for it, wait for it" LOL This might be the biggest seller, watch how many touches and Rens go on ebay lol
Attached Thumbnails
What was the best things you bought in 2016?-mpc-x-pro.jpg   What was the best things you bought in 2016?-mpcx.jpg  

Last edited by danoc; 28th December 2016 at 06:07 PM..
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
I bought into the new Akai standalone.

Biggest problem is that they haven't delivered it yet.

Cheers
So you're saying you were able to buy this? I didn't know it was out on the market yet? How much was it?
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
HOLY CRAP!!!

This thing is sweeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt! But I thought they were going to make it small like the MPC Touch? And it has touch screen! Oh my GAWD!!!! WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU START A THREAD ABOUT THIS ALREADY DUDE WTF! LOL

I can buy into this, if this is stand alone, That will be in my studio, Problem solved!!! That is bananas! I need to see the specs and know that I don't have to record into an interface but use usb to slide my loops into the computer then I can bring it up in Reason or S1. That's what the heck they should of made in the first place, those that got the Ren and Touch are going to be PISSED OFF! lol That's why I didn't buy into it, my moto, "Wait for it, wait for it" LOL This might be the biggest seller, watch how many touches and Rens go on ebay lol
Lol There's a thread in the electronic music sub forum for the live , apparently both units are coming. I thought someone would of started one here tbf .
Yeah it looks sweet hopefully we will find out more at namm .
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh ok, I ain't the one that said it though LOL As long as you can get the job done. I don't use live, I let that demo go years ago when it first came out, didn't like it.
There is clip game and a tab to transient "workaround " in Live. The clip gain isn't implemented very well like other daws.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
My UAD Apollo, UVI Falcon with the vintage vault sounds and Keyscape.... Now all I'm lusting over is that damn Dsi Pro 2, no more software for me, lol I hope.....
nice pickups
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lol There's a thread in the electronic music sub forum for the live , apparently both units are coming. I thought someone would of started one here tbf .
Yeah it looks sweet hopefully we will find out more at namm .
Wait the hell a minute BOTH UNITS? There's two?

You are KILLING ME TO DIE!!!!--
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is clip game and a tab to transient "workaround " in Live. The clip gain isn't implemented very well like other daws.
Oh well ummm I don't use Live lol thsnks for the info.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

I'm about to kill Aldred bringing up that dam MPC X in this thread. :-( now I can't think freakin straight. im starting to think he found a way to torture me!
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Head
Push 2
BFD3
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
nice pickups

Thanks man, looking back at it I've had a pretty decent year gear wise, put in a lot of overtime for it as well....

@danoc Reason 4 was the first software I owned to get me away from hardware so Im pretty familiar with reason or was lol...
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm about to kill Aldred bringing up that dam MPC X in this thread. :-( now I can't think freakin straight. im starting to think he found a way to torture me!

20 something days till namm
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
1. Ableton Live
2. Roland sp808

Yeah tab to transient in the traditional since in ableton would be just plum cray but it is very capable with out it,cut grid off and make precise cuts.. Stick with it bro, ableton can do things no other DAW can do,get at me if you need help/info
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks man, looking back at it I've had a pretty decent year gear wise, put in a lot of overtime for it as well....

@danoc Reason 4 was the first software I owned to get me away from hardware so Im pretty familiar with reason or was lol...
I started with Reasin 3. Junad who produced for Slick Rick showed me that. I was doing drums for dude. I bought in and been riding ever since. I freakin love it And Studio one. Im going to bilud my studio around it. Now that the MPC x is coming Ima be happier than six frog legs shooting jump shots in Rucker park! Lol l deserve that MPC X for the long wait in been doing
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

20 something days till namm
Where is namm being held? How long after it will they drop that in stores? I got my money ready! I ain't buying nothing until I get that.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Winter Namm is always here in Sunny CA, Anaheim to be exact..
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Winter Namm is always here in Sunny CA, Anaheim to be exact..
Then what's the name of the other one ? Some times its in NewYork at the Jacobs Javis Center. I go to that one.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
You said you've been waiting a long time for such mpc to be launched, why dont you wait a lil more just to get the reviews (the serious ones with a few month of use)... The mpc slouch was meant to be some next level stuff and happend to be a big let down for a lot of it's users, when you look at the vids you can see how ugly and menu driven the interface is.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

The MPC Ren was almost perfect except it wasn't hybrid.

Once that beast gets V2.0 and the new HW box has all the I/O and the screen then we are talking.

Audio tracks and midi is what punters have been wanting since previous iterations.

The Toyraiz doesn't even come close.

If Nukai get this right then the MPC X could be there best seller yet.
I want one box to rule them all and don't even care about plug ins.

I will just go out and get another compressor, OTB mastering stuff and a Tascam 2track for mix down.

Cheers
Old 29th December 2016
I got a new regular job in 2016, so most of my paycheck when into upgrading my studio. Most significant purchases were a new On-Stage Stands tiered DAW desk, upgrades to Cakewalk SONAR Platinum and Presonus Studio One Professional v3, new audio interface (Focusrite 18i20 2nd Gen), new keyboard controller (Novation Impulse 61) and new MIDI interface (MOTU Microlite). I also got into some of the Roland Boutique toys (TR-09 and TB-03).

I also finally got my Juno 106 (bought in 2006) repaired with the coverings removed from the 80017a chips and one of them replaced with an Analogue Renaissance clone. I finally can enjoy this synth to its fullest after an entire decade!

But most significantly, I had a grown-up moment when I left the world of pirated software behind and finally bought legit copies of NI Komplete 11 and Waves Diamond bundle.

Last edited by Elsongs; 4th January 2017 at 01:08 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search