The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Omnisphere 2 is the best synth! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 8th November 2016
Lives for gear

Omnisphere 2 is the best synth!

Greetings I have to put it out there nothing on this planet software synth wise is touching O2!
Funny you'll be surptised that a lot of people don't know about it. The third party patches that go with this ARE FREAKIN INCREDIBLE! Im eorking wih some female singer song writers snd they are blown away by the sounds. One singer she just coped it today lol. I have over 25,000 sounds and the interface is like a blessing easy to use. It loads quick! Each sound is crisp and I don't need Trilian for bass I have hot basses up the wazoo! I love the fsct you can bring in your own samples and change the sound completely. You can do zHipHop RnB Pop EDM etc with this thing. This is my go to top dog in production. I have this bass from Omniverse 2 called "Dark Horse Sub". Trap makers would love this bass it will put 808 out if business lol
Im just happy I got it.

Last edited by danoc; 8th November 2016 at 03:32 AM..
Old 14th November 2016
Gear Nut
It really is a well kept secret. The fact that you can now load your own sounds in there and use the tools in O2 really make it a limitless synth. The possibilities are endless if you get past the presets and really experiment.
Old 14th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehost250 View Post
It really is a well kept secret. The fact that you can now load your own sounds in there and use the tools in O2 really make it a limitless synth. The possibilities are endless if you get past the presets and really experiment.
Lol you dound like their commercial " The possibilities are endless" lol
I guess you and I are the only ones that got it? lol
Yeah I. Have went past the presets. Reverse snd orb oh my gawd they work like a charm. Yeah they are sleeping on it but thats ok. Do you buy presets for O2? Whats out there is amazing.
Old 14th November 2016
Lives for gear

I have it dont use it too much. Its good. Pluginguru makes fine presets. I much prefer zebra, dune 2 and spire. I have thousands of third party presets. Omnisphere just is not as quick for me to start modulating and routing without menu diving. That's my only gripe. It sound Damn good. I have made plenty great songs with it.
Old 14th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I have it dont use it too much. Its good. Pluginguru makes fine presets. I much prefer zebra, dune 2 and spire. I have thousands of third party presets. Omnisphere just is not as quick for me to start modulating and routing without menu diving. That's my only gripe. It sound Damn good. I have made plenty great songs with it.
Oh ok. Yeah plugin guru is dam dope. He make all his sounds frin scratch. I have everyone of his presets. Thst Mega Magic Pads is so dam dope its crazy. I got it for O2 and Reason. Every pad is hot there's not one wack pad in it i was shocked. He aint the only one that make them. I tweek my sounds in it blend them and come up with new sounds its crazy.
Old 14th November 2016
Lives for gear

I will say if i ever had one rompler out would be Omnisphere. I would be totally content with omnisphere, kontakt and zebra. I think i need to learn it better and watch sum videos.
Old 15th November 2016
Lives for gear

Yes O2 is great but this is no secret, everybody I know use it or know about it.... And yes the third party presets are overdope but to some having 25,000 presets is a hindrance not an aid! I like a few other synth's just as much, still need to pick up Keyscape tho lol.....
Old 15th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack Dammit View Post
Yes O2 is great but this is no secret, everybody I know use it or know about it.... And yes the third party presets are overdope but to some having 25,000 presets is a hindrance not an aid! I like a few other synth's just as much, still need to pick up Keyscape tho lol.....
Lol man yoy trying to mess up mud lol hry having ova 25,000 sounds is no hindrance to me. My production mind is crazy i need all those sounds lol i can never have enough sounds. I stopped getting gear so i concentrate on dope sounds. Dont kick my mud man. Lol

See why you go and mentioned keyscape? lol ummm thats like the... I sint giong to say that lol.

I got Nexus 2 and Sylenth 1 I got dope patches. For those too lol along with those and Eastwest i got ova 30,000 sounds .Facts! lol i have learned as a producer you should have access to as many sounds you can muster. I do 5 different genres of music its a must! Smack Dammit lol
Old 15th November 2016
Lives for gear

People just starting to talk about this?
Old 15th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
People just starting to talk about this?
lol yep. I had it when it first came out as Atmosphere. Stylus RMX I have that too. I dont know if a lot of people round here have it. But features on it is bananas.
Old 15th November 2016
Lives for gear

metro boomin uses it extensiveley, even just straight up presets.

Beyoncé's Yoncé is basically a Omnisphere field recording on loop... search for African Children or something along those lines on Omnisphere and check if you recognize it. Prod by Timbo
Old 15th November 2016
Lives for gear

Ive never cared who uses what. As long as i can hear it that's all i care about. It ous a quite awesome synth.
Old 15th November 2016
Gear Nut
It definitely takes some menu diving as someone said but man it sounds good when you do. Its seems those here use it so let me ask everyone a question. It takes a while to really wrap your head around it. I feel it could really benefit from an in-depth tutorial series of some sort. Kind of like what Kontakt had many years ago when it was first introduced and not many people understood the scripting, etc. How does anyone else feel?
Old 15th November 2016
Gear Maniac

Ive had it for years but I rarely use it... Maybe ill give it some more attention after this post
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

There are a lot of omni tutorials actually, there just all split throughout utube, so you have to do a bit of searching, all the vids on Omni 1-1.5 apply to Omni 2 and indeed Omnisphere is a very deep synth.. 8 parts,2 layers per part, crazy modulation and crazy effects not to mention all the sound sources that are used as oscillators,it can make literally any sound you desire but the beauty of it really shines when you get under the hood of it, start swapping out sound sources, play with the voice harmonia, filters, envelopes,stacking parts,etc. It gets very deep and I just know the basics of it.... So while it can do all this and all that you have to have a good understanding of it to get there.. I definitely see how some can be put off by it and just cruise the presets and that's where the overwhelming amount of presets can be the down side of it, while there is a lot of dope sounds in there, it's a lot of sounds I would never use for the music I do...
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehost250 View Post
It definitely takes some menu diving as someone said but man it sounds good when you do. Its seems those here use it so let me ask everyone a question. It takes a while to really wrap your head around it. I feel it could really benefit from an in-depth tutorial series of some sort. Kind of like what Kontakt had many years ago when it was first introduced and not many people understood the scripting, etc. How does anyone else feel?
Diving yes but you do know it has a search engine right? Put in the word "Bass" and all the basses come up or strings etc. But I like going through the patches and I flag them as "Favorites" also so you can go back to those joints you like the best.
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
There are a lot of omni tutorials actually, there just all split throughout utube, so you have to do a bit of searching, all the vids on Omni 1-1.5 apply to Omni 2 and indeed Omnisphere is a very deep synth.. 8 parts,2 layers per part, crazy modulation and crazy effects not to mention all the sound sources that are used as oscillators,it can make literally any sound you desire but the beauty of it really shines when you get under the hood of it, start swapping out sound sources, play with the voice harmonia, filters, envelopes,stacking parts,etc. It gets very deep and I just know the basics of it.... So while it can do all this and all that you have to have a good understanding of it to get there.. I definitely see how some can be put off by it and just cruise the presets and that's where the overwhelming amount of presets can be the down side of it, while there is a lot of dope sounds in there, it's a lot of sounds I would never use for the music I do...
Some of those people wh dont like to tweek and just deal with preset will have a problem with Nexus 2, Sylenth 1, Reasons synths and pretty much any synth that have LFOs, ADSR, wave tabke, Oscillations etc. That is a personal problem not an O2 problem. Eric Persing designed it to be powerful for Beginning producers and advance producers.

For me i don't care i want more sounds. The sounds aren't just for music they can be used as efx, foley etc. Understanding textures, ambient sounds and EFX. I recently used an EDM sound in my RnB track and it came out dope. If a person just does HipHop then i see i do 5 different genres of music. Im going to make Omni the Cracklin! lol ima keep getting sounds.
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

The one thing I dislike about the synth part is the tiny little "knobs" and such. Everything is so small. Also, knowing synthesis only gets you so far on Omnisphere because it generally uses it's own way of doing things and it's own kind of controls. I also don't like the concept of multiple oscillators that have no real control but multiply voices in various degrees of pitch offset to thicken the sound rather than having real hardware that produces richly harmonic tones from the architecture of the electronics.

Maybe just a preference but I suspect these are some of the reasons people either use the presets or not at all. One other thing, Atmosphere, which I had too, was billed as a "pad" synth. I have always found the concept of "pads" to be a bit useless. Always suggested filler to me. And the sequencer is a pita to use too since there is no live looping function that I know of. I would rather have that than that orb thingy. That was completely useless and gimicky to me.

Has some good sounds though everything is drenched in that same chorus delay and when you take that away, some of the sounds are a bit flat sounding.
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc View Post
Some of those people wh dont like to tweek and just deal with preset will have a problem with Nexus 2, Sylenth 1, Reasons synths and pretty much any synth that have LFOs, ADSR, wave tabke, Oscillations etc. That is a personal problem not an O2 problem. Eric Persing designed it to be powerful for Beginning producers and advance producers.

For me i don't care i want more sounds. The sounds aren't just for music they can be used as efx, foley etc. Understanding textures, ambient sounds and EFX. I recently used an EDM sound in my RnB track and it came out dope. If a person just does HipHop then i see i do 5 different genres of music. Im going to make Omni the Cracklin! lol ima keep getting sounds.

Tweeking Omni and Sylenth1 is not even close C'mon MAN, Sylenth1 is a very simple synth(which I love by the way) and Nexus is not even a real synth just a preset player, with all the sounds that everybody uses... And I get it already you do 5 different genres of music
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgod View Post
Ive had it for years but I rarely use it... Maybe ill give it some more attention after this post
Yo I was just like you I didnt use O1 since 2012. Then I. Seen O2 and I was so angry with myself I cursed myself out lol . I wss like " wtf you supid motha f**** ka" lol the hell was i thinking. If I were you I would get in the asap rocky!

I get an email about some synth master. I go to check it out and its wack! Reason synths sound better. It won an award and everything. The sounds are then and they hsd the audacity to say its better than O2? They are crazier thab 10 river crickets smoking herb at Yankee Stadium in 20 degree weather!

Nothing is touching O2 right now.
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

The knobs to small? Huh? Well do you use the hardware to use knob control? I can't agree with that. Now if you would of said the knobs on Sample Tank or or some thing like that yeah. Even the words of the list is tiny.

"Has some good sounds though everything is drenched in that same chorus delay and when you take that away, some of the sounds are a bit flat sounding."

Huh? You do know you can change the efx in it right? You don't have to use the Chorus delay or anything you can go dry if you want.

What other synth don't use "Their way of doing things? " Thor does that, EastWest does it, Zebra does it, Signal does it, and the list goes on.
O2 has the tools to make the craziest sounds AND you can make sounds from scratch, Plugin Guru does this and I got all his stuff.

You don't use pads? LOL man you better, pads are a lift to production these days, I want all the pads on this earth LOL Almost all my RnB, and Pop tracks have pads I mean there is a way to use them with pianos, synths, strings, man the list goes on. When it comes to pads, O2 is the go to first, then Nexus 2 and Sylenth 1, I will mix them together. Man you just don't know what you're missing. The tools on O2 itself can take your pads from zero to one hundred! its crazy. Plus its deeper than what you might think it is.

Its without question the best synth so far out here. You have your opinion but when I look at what you said its kinda bland. Not one sound in O2 is flat!

I just finished this track last night using the pads two different ones, and they sound amazing from O2. Two different pianos, one from Eastwest, Bosendofer 290 and True Piano, which I can tweak to sound like any piano I want. And my personal drums. Easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Jazz View Post
Maybe just a preference but I suspect these are some of the reasons people either use the presets or not at all. One other thing, Atmosphere, which I had too, was billed as a "pad" synth. I have always found the concept of "pads" to be a bit useless. Always suggested filler to me. And the sequencer is a pita to use too since there is no live looping function that I know of. I would rather have that than that orb thingy. That was completely useless and gimicky to me.

Has some good sounds though everything is drenched in that same chorus delay and when you take that away, some of the sounds are a bit flat sounding.

Last edited by danoc; 16th November 2016 at 06:14 PM..
Old 16th November 2016
Lives for gear

Synthmaster wack? cannot disagree with this more. Omnisphere its good but best naw never.
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Synthmaster wack? cannot disagree with this more. Omnisphere its good but best naw never.
Lol man when they ssid SM was better than O2 i almost had a heat attack lol

So whats better than O2? Hmmm
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Id take zebra over Omnisphere
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

People get wrapped up in the tools they use/spend money on, this is understandable but "best" is a word that is subjective.... What is the best to you might not mean ish to the next man, people's workflows are different and at the end of the day there all just tools we use to make music....
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
People get wrapped up in the tools they use/spend money on, this is understandable but "best" is a word that is subjective.... What is the best to you might not mean ish to the next man, people's workflows are different and at the end of the day there all just tools we use to make music....
lol im jus playin with dude.
But on the hand i can say its the best synth right now. Hey Smack name a synth better than it. Sound wise and operational wise and amount of sound and making them fron the ground up.

Lets go! Lets have sum fun :-)
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Id take zebra over Omnisphere
Hahaa lol you i didnt ask what you take over O2 I asked you what was the best synth othet then O2.

Hell if i couldnt afford O2 i would tak Lethal or Nexus 2 over O2 lol
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Okay in my opinion zebra is better then omnisphere, dune 2 and spire is better for my uses. Omnisphere is good but there is better out there to me.
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Okay in my opinion zebra is better then omnisphere, dune 2 and spire is better for my uses. Omnisphere is good but there is better out there to me.
Zebra is ok
Dune cool
Spire eehh not touching O2!

Ill put my Nexus 2 on Zebra. Ill put Sylenth on Dune!
Sound quaulity O2 smashes those.
Operational building from scratch for sound design O2 kills it.
The abundance of sounds O2 knocks it out the park.
O2 can take in your personal audio and manipulate the sound where you cant recognize it.
Does Zebra or Dune have an Orb that you can record its action or roll the dice for random movement?
Lets go lol
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

I understand you love Omnisphere buuuuut......
Attached Thumbnails
Omnisphere 2 is the best synth!-fb_img_1477651785255-1.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search